Why Sora Is Still "The Chosen One" OR Please Shut Up about There Being Like Forty Keyblade Wielders

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Ars Nova, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

DISCLAIMER: Despite the slightly abrasive title, I'm really not trying to get under anyone's skin with this one - just trying to keep the magick alive for those who complain it's gone. So please take it all in good sport.

So. Ever since the first game, there have been a lot of Keyblade wielders. Well more than the initial two. The number keeps climbing with every installment until we're up in the double digits, and what's more, it's said that in the history of the worlds there were once thousands of people runnin' around beatin' each other to (one of several wacky flavors of) death with giant door openers.

But hold on though! That can't be right! Sora's the only proper Keyblade wielder! The people of the original Kingdom Hearts wouldn't shut up about that little bed-headed, clown-footed kid being the chosen one, or some malarkey like that (hehe... malar-key). Doesn't it de-value that whole plot thread that there are now innumerable hordes of bright-eyed little scamps with poor fashion sense who don't know what an actual weapon looks like?

Well... No, not really. Because there's still this.

[​IMG]

Key of keys. The one, the only. Bequeathed to the only one who could've wielded it. Now, I can already hear the questions and criticisms flying, but just hold your horses. Let's hit the high notes:

• The Kingdom Key isn't unique to Sora! Riku, Roxas and Xion all had it too!

Ah, but who'd they get it from? Riku stole it, and Roxas and Xion borrowed it. Of all the people who've held the thing, only Sora can truly be said to own it. He was the first in the series to wield it. He can call it back in times of duress. It answers to him.

• Sora wasn't chosen to wield the Keyblade, Riku was!

Correct! ...Sort of. There's a semantics issue here. Passed down to Riku were the ability to wield a Keyblade, and Terra's own, specific instrument. But the key here, no pun intended, is Riku inherited the ability. Sora came across the ability, yes, from another source - that bit may not have been destiny. But it's the weapon that's important here. Nobody else was given the Kingdom Key. That's Sora's by right.

• But chronologically, this isn't the first time the Keyblade has appeared! Didn't other people have it first?

Sure. But...well, they're dead now. Not to be morbid, but the point is we are not operating in that time frame; we're reflecting upon it. Kingdom Hearts is set in a time where those Keyblade wielders are gone, and the only one left to hold the key is Mr. Color Vomit himself, friendship and all. It was a matter of significance for the Kingdom Key, of all Keyblades, to come into his possession, and that's what matters most.

• But there's another key just like that one! Why isn't there all this hype surrounding Mickey's key?

This is part of the trick! And I will go into more detail on this farther down. Mickey's key definitely is crucial to the formula, and it may even be a source of the conflicting prophecies Triton mentions - of the Keyblade wielder either bringing peace or ruin. But it's not the key of light. It's the key of darkness. Both will be important, of this much I can be reasonably certain - but as Sora said himself, "Kingdom Hearts is light," and the key most precious to the source of all light is one which harnesses that light. That doesn't mean it needs no dark counterpart, it just means that it in particular is special for that particular reason.

And now, the last question, which is one I pose myself:

• If the Kingdom Key itself is significant, and not the ability to wield it...why? What makes it so special?

This takes some speculation, but it's a hypothesis I've been working on since the earliest titles in the series. It may seem obvious to say, but the fact is that I've heard no one say it yet. People put some of the pieces together, but never all of them. So here it is, all cards on the table, all pieces assembled:

The Kingdom Key will play a role in unlocking Kingdom Hearts, and Sora was chosen for that task.

The thing that first put this in my head would come to be the unlikeliest of clues: Early on in Kingdom Hearts II, when the player still controls an oblivious Roxas, he comes face-to-face with a Dusk for the "first" time (to his knowledge). And it says something to him. Something I've been pondering ever since.

"We have come for you, my liege."

This doesn't seem all that complicated to explain, but that's because there are red herrings in the way. Some say it was the Dusks' way of acknowledging him as their leader, but he doesn't lead the Dusks; he leads the Samurai. Some say they generally treat the Organization with loyalty, but that's not true either, because they just follow whoever's got the smarts to lead. Knowing what they are, why would the Organization garner the lesser Nobodies' unquestioning fealty? And why would they be referred to as "my liege?" Some explain it as the Dusks trying to retrieve Roxas because the Organization wanted him back; well, no, he crossed them, and they wanted him dead. Axel tried to retrieve him because they were friends, and the Organization later tried to "liberate" him from Sora because they figured a backstabber who could be turned was better than someone who was out-and-out against them. None of the answers quite fit; it's just too specific a line in too strange a circumstance.

There are other things that tip me off. First off, the name of Sora's blade, Kingdom Key; that's pretty clearly hinting at its significance. Secondly, two Kingdom Keys form the hilt of the reformed X-blade. It doesn't matter which one Nomura designed first; knowing that the one is significant, the other must be as well. There's also the fact that another, nearly identical key is held by one of the most prominent figures in the series, and get this: He's a king, too.

So what is all this adding up to? I think that Sora is heir to the throne. What throne? Why Kingdom Hearts, of course! What kingdom is complete without a king? Sora was chosen - I know not by what or whom - to open the door to Kingdom Hearts, using the only key that can do the job - maybe in conjunction with others, maybe not - and not only to open it, but to preside over it; and all the creatures of this world recognize this in him. The Heartless couldn't have vocalized it, because on the whole they're pretty dumb; and none of this is to say these creatures won't try to gut them and eat their juicy entrails. But if my interpretations hold true and even Roxas is recognized as a "liege," the regality runs deep. Deep enough to quake in the bones of any living thing, be they of light, dark, or nothingness.

I am seriously starting to suspect that Mickey knows a lot of this already, and he's not telling anyone. I don't know what set it in motion - maybe Mickey did it, maybe Xehanort did it, maybe it was preordained long before either was born - but he's got the insider track on a lot of things that have yet to be entirely explained. For one, what's the deal with Kingdom Key D? Where'd he get it, and why? What properties does it actually have? Is it just for helping to shut the Door to Darkness? In that case, why does it have power over the DtD at all? Is it one of two pieces of the original X-blade? In that case, wouldn't it make more sense for the forces of darkness to have it, since they're supposed to clash with the light? Is Mickey aware of that and trying to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands? So many questions, and answers are scarce. Whatever he knows, however he knows it, he knew that Sora had the Kingdom Key, so I think he knows the nature of it, too. He knew a king would have to be crowned, and he wanted to help guide the proper person into place. Maybe that's why he reaches out to Sora in the Destati; maybe that's why he serves as a guide for so long. He's paving the way for the next great king.

This, I humbly posit, will be the premise of Kingdom Hearts III: not only the clash that begets the reforged X-blade, but the original chosen one realizing his destiny and assuming control of the most powerful entity in the known universe. I must admit, many of the clues are easy to dismiss; but this is the solution I've derived from problems that as of yet have not satisfactorily been solved. Take it as what it is - my interpretation, my prediction. And if the real ending comes out and this one ends up being way better, hell, maybe I'll write it myself.

So. Questions, comments? Anything I missed? Got any details in your pocket that totally dismantle this huge, deformed mess of a guess on which I spent way too much time and ego? Takin' all comers, let's dialogue about it.

2. Shift Chaser

Killing Roxas would only hinder their plans without Xion around, there'd be no Keyblade to gather hearts. So, I doubt you're right about that part, and that line is just what it looks like.
    I mean, It's pretty hard to think a Dusk out of all things would know the importance about it, if there's any. They're just like other nobodies, just some random people who lost their bodies.

Also, the whole point about Sora being special is because he isn't. He's just a ordinary kid who got caught in the circumstances. Nomura made him like this to show that you don't need to be special to acomplish something.
    So, I doubt there's gonna be any chosen thing going on around him.

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Fair point, but you've got to admit the Organization seems to flip-flop on their treatment of him, even within KHII - even within the initial seven days. We're never told what Axel's orders were, only what the plan was once Sora woke up. Besides, maybe the Dusks just said it, orders notwithstanding. It only holds up with circular logic, but then again, maybe we don't have all the necessary premises to reason this out yet.

But they're also born partially of an essence, or more accurately a lack thereof. They come from some primordial something, no matter what forms they took - human, Heartless, what have you - and my hypothesis is that that something recognizes a ruler. Something, or someone, or both, that governs it.

Not buying it. That's only something that was said aloud as of KH3D. Maybe the point is to show how special someone with nothing truly special about him can be. A sort of "The meek shall inherit the Earth" kinda deal. Still technically the same message, but befitting the scheme laid out in the first game, where he definitely was not an ordinary kid and was never treated as such.

4. Shift Chaser

I'd guess that if not to bring him back, they were trying to at least capture him to come up with another freak experiment. Anything else wouldn't help them at all.
    But seeing how Xemnas works, I'd guess you're right about not rulling it out yet. And Axel being the one that gets rid of traitors and commanding nobodies named Assassins does help your your case.
    Don't they get their memories too? If so, they're probably the same as their past lives, bar emotions.
    I'd agree with it if you were talking about Heartless, but Nobodies are too close to Humans in my opinion.
    He was only treated as special in the beginning, come Hollow Bastion on KH1 he stopped being the chosen one.
    Either way, if he was chosen from the very start, it'd totally ruin that image.

...I am however puzzled by how Mickey not only knew he would get that very specific Keyblade before it happened, he contacted him about it on his mind.

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Yeah, that's the thing that's tough to sort out. It makes sense for creatures of light and dark, but for the shells they leave behind? I dunno. Then again, we're never told how humans originate in the KH universe; maybe they themselves are creatures of light, which would mean Nobodies ultimately come from light, even if they feel estranged from it.

I never saw it that way, even at Hollow Bastion. I saw that as Maleficent and Ansem twisting Riku's mind, and him twisting Sora's in turn, until the boy believed he had nothing going for him, manipulation which he ultimately overcame by finding a more personal source of strength. And it only ruins that image if you let it; there are many levels of uniqueness, and having someone perfectly generic as the centerpiece is just as overrated as having a flawless noble. I think it's as simple as an artistic contradiction: Sora's not special, but that in the end is what makes him special, because no one else could do this. No one else could be trusted to preside over what amounts to the known universe - except someone who feels just about everyone around is better than him, or has something he doesn't, and that the best thing he can do with his life is to serve their needs and carry on their spirit in his heart. No one is more fit to be king than the man who thinks himself a peasant.

6. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

This is some really interesting insight Sforz. As much as I think of theories for things I hadn't looked this far into it. Kingdom Key, the key to Kingdom Hearts. It basically says Kingdom Hearts Key without the 'Hearts'. I wonder what other things in the story could support this?

7. Light-Rune Maven Seer

YES YES YES! This is what I have thought of for a long time now, but never really paid enough attention to the details to explain it. You rock!

8. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I also thought about this for a while. Nice insight, Nova!

9. Explode Who?!

I think it's a really cool theory, and it coincides with some of the art we've seen of Sora sitting on a thrown, and all the crown imagery across the games. I'm not sure if I'm outright ready to support it though.

It's quite possible that Sora has the Kingdom Key because it is the broken half of the X-Blade that Ven was once a part of. If that's the case, I don't think Sora was chosen by anything divine, but just by circumstance: being a kind and powerful enough heart to accept Ven into himself. Being in possession of half of the X-Blade could explain why he was capable of closing the door along with Mickey in KH1.

Though two things still bother me about it. One, Xehanort said that his previous method of creating the X-Blade was hasty, and thus it may not have ever had the power to unlock Kingdom Hearts in the first place. Two, the Kingdom Key's keychain is Mickey's logo, tying it to Disney Castle more than Kingdom Hearts. Mind you, we're going back more than ten years when it was first designed, and they couldn't necessarily account for the direction the series would take seven installments later.

I don't really agree with your point on the lesser Nobodies. They absolutely do follow the Organization's orders, or at least there is no recorded instance where they disobey. It's the Heartless that are more finicky about who they go with. The dusks were sent in to retrieve Roxas because the Organization told them to (which is why they stole photographs: not being able to tell the difference between them and the real Roxas). The plan was to retrieve Roxas, but after they saw they weren't making any progress, they ordered Axel to kill him on the sixth day ("I've been given these icky orders to destroy you, if you refuse to come back with me"), preferring that over having Sora return and oppose them. So yes, they definitely wanted him back, and that's more than likely why the Dusks spoke to him. I'm not saying you're definitely wrong, but in this case, the simplest answer is probably the right one.

Having Sora ascend to a godlike status is a pretty cool idea, and would be a totally unexpected direction for the series. But by the same token I don't think it would happen exactly that way. I don't think Kingdom Hearts necessarily chose him; his past simply qualified him for the position, having accepted half of the X-Blade (fake or otherwise) into his heart. It goes a little against the games' motif if he was chosen arbitrarily by a divine power, instead of actually having earned it by proving the strength of his heart, and shaped his own fate.

10. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Ok, like I said in your previous topic: http://kh-vids.net/threads/how-do-keychains‽.139628/page-2#post-4069069 and before that in the topic "So, What about Oathkeaper":
    Source: http://kh-vids.net/threads/so-what-about-oathkeeper.137118/
    Yes I do believe (and I think is quite obvious) that Kingdom Key + Kingdom Key D were made after X-blade broke at BBS.. as it is the only Light/Dark Keyblade in the universe half of it go to the realm of darkness and half of it to the realm of light.
    Mickey knew about X-blade because he was there when Xehanort made it with the help of Vanitas, he also knew that the worlds were in danger because of Ansem SoD, not sure if he or Yen Sid came up with the plan... but afterwords it was obvious that they needed both Keys to close Kingdom Hearts , so King Mickey goes to the Realm of Darkness to make sure that HE GETS IT (not some heartless or some Seaker of Darkness like Ansem or the Organization), and of course Kingom Key D was the most difficult Key to get , and the one that had more chance to fall into the hands of the "enemy".. So Mickey go and grabbed that Key. But not without sending Donald and Goffy after the "boy with the other key", that would sure appear in the realm of light, from the start Mickey knew he had to sacrifice himself (be trapped in the realm of darkness) as Kingdom hearts needs to be closed from both sides.. so all KH 1 was planned by Mickey (maybe not Riku's role, that was Ansem meddling).
    If any two keyblades were able to close the door of Kingdom Hearts Mickey wouldn't need to get Kingdom Key D, as he already had Starseaker keyblade.

Sora had the power to use the Keyblade (because of Ven), and Riku as well Kingdom Key happend to be there in Destiny Islands and goes after Sora because Riku opened his heart to Darkness.

Even though Sora did became the "Key that will save everybody", I agree that he wasn't important at first! I think that all the profecys that happens in Kingdom Hearts , function as a chemical reaction.. if the terms are met "it will happen" , Sora didn't need to be the Key that would save everybody, but once the Kingdom key chose him he was (and I am talking after he got it back in hollow bastion). Just Like because Xehanort is creating 13 darkness it will appear 7 lights (Keyblade users) to fight against it..

But I don't Think Sora will ever open Kingdom Hearts, he may enter it, see the true light, but he must never use it's power remember that seeking the true light is what made Darkness so Sora's role is to protect the Light of Kingdom hearts from anyone that wants it's power!

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Well, I did mention I'm still lacking in the "Who did the choosing" department. I'm willing to accept it wasn't divine right; but I believe fate plays a part. If the only thing separating Sora from other kids is that he had the kindness and bigness of heart to allow someone else's heart into himself, then that alone is enough to convince me. Maybe he's not the chosen one. Maybe he's just the only one who could be chosen.

We don't know for sure that the Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D came from the X-blade we see in Birth by Sleep. It seems like the most logical conclusion, but for all we know, that could be another in a long line of red herrings. Perhaps the keys come from elsewhere... from the original, now-shattered X-blade, perhaps? Of course, this is venturing well into uncharted territory, I admit.

That's true, the keychain does tie it to Disney Castle... although that doesn't necessarily hurt my hypothesis so much as complicate it. Perhaps Disney Castle is involved somehow, in ways we haven't been told. Perhaps that's how Mickey knows so much about the events unfolding.

But the simplest answer doesn't explain everything. Why "my liege?" Why that, specifically? Why would the Organization be royalty to the lesser Nobodies? Why did we only hear this once, and only in reference to Roxas, of all people? Occam's Razor only works if the simplest answer actually satisfies, and in this case, it does not.

Tomayto, tomahto. To be honest, I play fast-and-loose with words like "destined" and "chosen." If only one person could be a fit for the job, Sora's definitely proven himself worthy. But I also don't believe in coincidence - especially considering how much of KH's story we now know is the fault of .

Basically this. Sora grew organically into a role that would later appear to have been destiny - as is often the case in these new-age fantasy "hero's journey" tales. I don't think it's out of the question to believe he will enter Kingdom Hearts or preside over its power, but that doesn't mean he has to use it, too. The current state of the world is not as it once was: Where once the light was open to all, now it is sealed away. I think it's Sora's task to return the light to the world, not necessarily to use it as a weapon or reshape it in his image. In the end, yes, he will serve as its protector. Why else would the seven lights be referred to as guardians, while the thirteen darknesses are seekers?

Interesting point about the X-blade, and one I've given some thought. I'm beginning to wonder if we all haven't got the wrong idea in our heads when we think the climactic battle in Kingdom Hearts III will beget a new X-blade. Maybe the real reason Xehanort's plan failed in Birth by Sleep is because there can only be one X-blade, made from two proper Kingdom Keys, and it is impossible to forge a new one. In that case, either Xehanort doesn't actually know how the X-blade is made - just that it is fated to resurface at the next great clash of light and dark - or he truly was just being hasty, as he said. The only other ones who can possibly know the truth are Yen Sid and, more importantly, King Mickey; otherwise he wouldn't have had the knowledge or the motivation to seek out the Kingdom Key D. And if that's the case, it means the only way this fight is gonna happen properly is if Kingdom Key D is stolen from him...or if he turns on us. Which is basically a non-possibility considering this is run by Disney and it'd be REALLY F%&KIN' WEIRD for Mickey to be a heel in a Disney production.

I like the idea that Oathkeeper is what Sora's default Keyblade would look like if not for the interference of the Kingdom Key. Not a perfect idea, but a neat one. It's a more intricate design that serves as a better foil to Xehanort's default Keyblade, for starters. Perhaps the two will start the fight wielding Kingdom Keys, and once those have served their purpose they'll both switch to something more personal.

12. Shift Chaser

It's an organization, Roxas is their superior. Sure, he actually commands Samurai nobodies, but I believe Dusks and Creepers are low enough to be commanded by anybody, which is why we find them everywhere on KH2 and why they appear when Roxas trains by himself on Days.

Any two keyblades could close the door. The thing is one had to be from the Dark and one from the Light Realm, to seal the door from both sides.
    If Mickey found, I don't know, a Reverse Oblivion there, it'd do the job just fine.

13. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Another thing that you could look into to support this is the Dream Drop Distance opening. During the part where Roxas attacks Axel, the Oathkeeper becomes Sora's weapon instead of it changing to the Kingdom Key. One might simply dismiss it saying it was for a cool transition but the openings often symbolize things related to the story.

14. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

He's a superior, but that alone doesn't make him their king. The Organization are just Nobodies; barring their agency, there's nothing special about them. They're intelligent, and with intelligence they command obedience, but it's not a royal heritage. It's just not enough to explain how specific the comment was. Why not "commander?" Or "superior," that one seems popular.

Furthermore, why is this the only time we hear a Nobody talk? Why to Roxas? And at all times, in the middle of a retrieval? Why would they bother? They have their orders. Why reach out to him? Were they told to help Axel get through to him? What could a Dusk possibly do to help?

At worst, closing the door was incidental to the presence of one light and one dark Keyblade, but that doesn't affect the argument that the Kingdom Keys serve another, unique purpose.

15. Shift Chaser

It works, and it sounded cool.
    It may just be a localization choice from all we know.

Yeah, I was just point outing that whatever exclusive function the Kingdom Keys may have, that wasn't one of them.

16. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Ok, I meant to say more last night, but my computer screwed up, posted and would not let me add anything. Then I had to leave. It is a discussion thread though, so I am determined to Discuss. I am posting this down here instead of editing my previous post to ensure it will be noticed, as it would be easy to skip over if it was just added to the other one after all these other people have posted. I haven't read all of your post yet, so bear with me.
    Now; my reasons for thinking That sora is the supreme king of the universe mainly start with how all the villains treat him like he is no big deal and that everyone is better than him as mentioned earlier. Xemnas: "A truly marvelous weapon; were it only in more- capable hands." Xigbar: "...But you don't look like you're half the hero the others were." All of these words would be shoved up their A**es when all of a sudden when It turns out he is the ruler of all that lives. Furthermore, The crown theme sora always has is a major hint. Other than the aforementioned cover of 1.5 there is also the cover of the original final mix, and the fact that he has a crown on in Kh II FM. Plus he is still a "Royalty of Heart" As he is with Kari the same as Belle has Beast, Jasmine has Alladin, and so on. I think over all, those guys are supposed to play a roll in the opening of KH. Although Alice is quite a question in that matter as she doesn't have a guy. Still, she has a sword and shield so she can fight. On another subject, I also thought Sora might be the Ruler of KH because all of the seven lights could be him just like all 13 Darknesses are Xehanort. There are seven of him total after all, and I doubt that just HAPPENED. (Sora, Roxas, Namine, (They were both created from the hearts and bodies of Sora and Kairi which effectivley makes them both people) Ventus, Vanitas, Xion, and Data Sora ( The last two were created from some portion of his memories) I know some of us want Vanitas to be a bad guy, but its just a thought. Square sure is complicating things, huh? I think they are making the series this complicated on purpose; They know that it is becoming confusing and the want it that way. Remember: "Through speculation, people can still be happy with a game even if it gets old." We are kinda speculating the heck out of this. Also, I noticed Menos Grande quote your post in My "So what about Oathkeeper?" thread, and I didn't notice that last part before. I would like to point out that I only meant Oathkeeper should be his basic weapon. Not that he should lose Kingdom key. It is important after all, and if it is the true power of the keyblade, I think it should be a weapon that is more... Powerful. It's so basic which means it's stats are low. Like for KH III His problems from 3D could arise; He does not except his darkness so There is no balance. He could start using Oathkeeper and Oblivion to try and find a way to balance the light and darkness and at the end They learn of Kingdom keys importance and he would start using it again.

I kinda of agreeing with what you are saying but He will open it. Despite what is being done to make him seem less important in comparison to the other people, that is also something I believe is apart of making us speculate. In the very first game, the voice said to him "You are the one who will open the door to light." I know people say that is Mickeys voice and that may be what he believed at the time, but I still don't think the voice is mickey; last time I checked that information was supposed to have come from the KH Strategy guide. The Heart gold and Sould silver strategy guides also seemed to have said that The opposing Legendary for each game could not be obtained which got me really down at the time cause I had played the original Silver. They were apparently just going off of the formula and not taking the time to check. I got those pokemon in the same game. One more comment: One of my theories is that Kh tried to personify itself by making sora, as he is kind friendly and is willing to accept pretty much anyone as they are. More about that later, but anyway what do you guys think?

17. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

All right, now, it's one thing to go for the simple answer, and quite another to stop trying. Anyway, liberal translation or no, the timing and circumstances remain odd.

Good point. Sora has his princess. Wonder if she'll soon be queen...

...Does the Cheshire Cat count-*brick'd*

I used to think that wasn't Mickey, too - either that the answer they gave was a lie, or Nomura hadn't thought hard enough about it. But it rings true when you consider Mickey says a lot of those things in person later. Now I think it's more interesting if it was Mickey, because that puts him in a situation that no one can explain, and none of the characters have asked him about it. Sora's the only one who would know, and he may not even remember. It's starting to look more and more like the good king knows what manner of storm waits on yonder horizon, and has been working tirelessly to batten down the hatches.

Hel, who knows. Anything's possible. But I think it'd be more poetic if he really was just a child. Literally poetic, because it was said in the Kingdom Hearts creation myth that, after the Keyblade War tore the worlds apart, children rebuilt them with the light left in their hearts. Historically, children have played great roles in the KH mythos as creators, and as guardians of light.

18. Shift Chaser

Sorry, I had nothing else to help disprove and went with the first thing that came to my head >_>

That bit comes from Nomura himself on a interview, it's just that the interview was on the guide.
    Plus, Mickey does the same to Riku later, further providing the point.

19. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Could you explain a bit please? I don't see how that was the same as telling Sora he would open the door to light. I am probably just missing something really obvious, so a hint would be nice.
    On the other hand, I can see how that is Mickey.

20. Shift Chaser

What do you mean?
    Mickey was guiding him through his dream and telling him about what was gonna happen. That's all there is to it.