Why is Your God(s) True and Others False?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by jafar, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Japan is an island
    blocked by China
    which is surrounded by mountains
    and has sea routes blocked by India and Indonesia
    and has the Pacific on the other side of it
    Probably not perfect, but close enough considering that they were monks who spent their entire lives doing this. They were trained to do this all their lives.

Also people back then weren't the lazy slacking *******s they are now.

Right, I'll do it later. :.-.:

Eh, I really just wanted to get that out there to make sure everyone noticed it.

2. childofturin Why?

Yes, but you mentioned that they were entirely different alphabets. While that is true, it is also true for Latin, Greek, and Hebrew.
    Greek:
    http://www.personalizedmementos.com/catalog/images/GreekLetters.jpg
    Latin:
    http://www.lingvozone.com/languages/Language Information28_files/image001.gif
    Hebrew:
    [​IMG]

Emphasizing Hebrew since it's so different from the other two.

3. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

4. Blademaster Mai'kel Hollow Bastion Committee

I love how you guys are talking about Latin and Greek, which are related languages, believe it or not, and the Hebrew, Latin, and Greek alphabets, all of which are derived from the Phoenician alphabet and therefore are also related.

5. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

@childofturin: I was right about that they are more similar nyer nyer nyer ::L:

6. childofturin Why?

They still use different symbols, and those symbols do not look entirely alike. Of course, Latin and English look alike, and Latin and Greek to an extent, but none of them look very similar to Hebrew. I mean, even the Eastern languages sprang from one tongue at some point, so in a sense, they are related as well.

7. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

My point was not similar. My point was more similar.

8. Defame King's Apprentice

quoted for truth.

9. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ wat

10. Fellangel Bichael May

It's the same for all religions. One say they are real and others don't. Me as a christian has the same. It says don't worship other gods. The reason is that The Bible says that in the beginning was the word, the word was with God, and the word was God. So yea. =\

11. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

'Don't worship other gods' isn't the same as 'don't believe in other gods'.
    I can still worship one God, while being open to the possibility that there are other gods out there, or none at all. I'm maybe not following exactly what the Bible tells me to do, but then again, the Bible was written by men, and they are prone to error/adding their own stuff here and there. ​

12. Fellangel Bichael May

Well true that things could be miscalculated and other. So I could be wrong.

13. childofturin Why?

That is true for most world religions, but pagan religions (wiccan, druids (the originals), the Native American religions, shamanism, etc) are much more tolerant as a whole. Basically, they'll say "we'll stick to believing in our gods/spirits/ancestors, which are perfectly real, while you stick to yours, which may also be perfectly real, and we'll all be happy."

14. jafar custom title

Too bad it isn't like that in a lot of religions, whose goal is to convert every living thing to their religion.

15. Repliku Chaser

I think it makes sense though why people with various gods to believe in can accept that other people believe in other gods easier than the monotheistic believers. After all, many have various gods for various purposes, whether it's nature, expression of humanity, the seasons, the constellations, the elements etc. They can accept there are other deities they aren't familiar with kind of because of that open mentality.

In the end though, there will always be people out there who will say 'my personal god' is not imaginary while yours is. In the end, the only thing to really accept and understand about these people is that 'My god is real, yours is not' because 'it is my personal god'. As some people here mentioned, it's what they feel and what they believe in. So, as simple as the answer may seem, that really is the only answer to justify the claims in the end. Someone's personal opinion outweighs other people's opinions, based on what they feel and what they've been taught and bought, hook, line and sinker.

16. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

in my faith we believe that other religions have true knowledge and teachings in their churches, but only ours has the full truth of the gospel... its kinda a decent way to put it XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.