why is kairi soo hated?!?! O.o

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by SoraxGarnet, Nov 22, 2008.

?

what do you guys think

Poll closed Dec 12, 2008.
  1. I Hate Her

11.7%
  2. She was an Alright Character

73.4%
  3. Didnt appeal to me

18.1%
  4. Kairi dies cause sora belongs with riku...

8.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Skatxre-Kestra Moogle Assistant

I think Kairi was AWESOME! I mean, why IS she hated so much? There's nothing wrong with her. She's just one of those characters that people hate for no reason.

2. Dandersnuff Twilight Town Denizen

I totally did.
    I really liked her entire character better in the first one ._.
    I liked the weird way she giggled x'3
    But then she became all "he's far away...but I know we'll see him someday" sounding all...Serious and boring T___T Like a typical Girl-stuck-at-the-safe-place-waiting-for-her-hero-boyfriend girl! >_<
    Argh!

3. Envious623 Twilight Town Denizen

I disliked Kairi because she seemed like the typical nice!girl damsel in distress. However, I do agree that all the people saying she's evil and should die are overreacting. She could certainly be better, but she's not a horrible character. Those who think she's a witch and evil are just acting ridiculous.​

4. KaiXIII Traverse Town Homebody

Wait...WHO DARES TO HATE KAIRI? !!!! She's one of the most important characters for me.

5. Dark Link Banned

i am a kairi fan, and i don't understand it either

6. mudstripe Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah, I actually think that she's a really important character. Part of Kingdom Hearts wouldn't even have happened if Kairi wasn't there.
    Why do people hate Kairi?

7. SoraxGarnet Destiny Islands Resident

geez thank u for the greatest answer ever lmao

BUT People in real life are like her
    so judging her a being a damsel in distress all thedamn time is a lil bit to harsh
    although when axel kidnapped her she really didnt do anything but THAT WAS THE POINT she HAD TO GT KIDNAPPED its just how the storyline was meant to be..so then we can blame the storyline as well for her character traits

8. JazzJudgemental Merlin's Housekeeper

Im sorry but shes just annoying
    they give her too much credit for being a very mundane and unimportant character.
    Shes not interesting, and shes dumb
    >.>

9. SoraxGarnet Destiny Islands Resident

again..how is she dumb?
    no proof.she was a fun character that really needed a side to her story..but nomura didnt..so thats why

10. Pezz Kingdom Keeper

kairi is awesome. If she were not in the game then I probably would have ended up not liking the story.

11. Misty gimme kiss

People don't like Kairi since she's that generic damsel-in-distress mary sue character. People don't hate her, but they just want her to have some sort of personality. Personally I think she contributes to the storyline, but she could have a little more of a... will.

12. kitty_has_claws246 Traverse Town Homebody

I can't say that I liked Kairi either but I can't believe the extent that people went to make her look bad. It's very rash. Even if you prefer a SoraxRiku mix or SoraxNamine mix (that's me!) bashing Kairi isn't likely to change the game creator's minds. I don't understand why they bash.

13. Krateroi Merlin's Housekeeper

Kairi is an alright character although I felt that she had the less character development out of all the little but large potential of the time she had as an active role in the KH series.

SoKai is meant to be the main heterosexual ship of the series from what I see.

I'm from KHInsider, infamous for its hatred of Kairi although it is more about her character than just blind hatred.

I'm more of a SoNami fan because it is sort of seen throughout in CoM and to a lesser degree in KHII.

14. The Joker Gummi Ship Junkie

I don't hate Kairi. Though she could be of more use to the story, like being in a party with her.
    Then less people, if their is any, might not hate Kairi as much by being able to see what all she can do.

15. SoraxGarnet Destiny Islands Resident

yeah square should've put more characteristic into her character..but she isnt like the WORSE CHARACTR EVER thus she shouldnt be hated
    maybe..i think..it was a change for sqaure..they havent made a character like her..exept penelo from f12..hmmm

16. robert the yogurt Traverse Town Homebody

Kairi's cool. Nothing wrong with her. Some people don't like her but people put those pic's up for a laugh weather they like her or not.

17. Vanitas Gummi Ship Junkie

Argh.. Dont the people see? Kairi is supposed to be the innocent character that you fight for. She doesnt need to have a personality. She is the one who always gets caught by the villains.

18. Krateroi Merlin's Housekeeper

The reason that many people in the KH fanbase have a problem with Kairi is that she is too shallow and too obessive concerning Sora.

She has barely any character development and I thought she should had stayed in the DI and waited like a good girl for Riku and Sora. Bringing her in was so unnecessary.

For Namine, she actually does 'care' for Sora as well as others and has character development.

Change her completely to someone WE all would like.

19. SoraxGarnet Destiny Islands Resident

thank you !! god and i thought that kairi going after sora was a good idea
    HELL I WOULD'VE GOTTEN SICK OF WAITING..but yeah when axel grabbed her...she didnt do a thing..which pissed me off but u know
    i dont hate her for it
    IT HAD TO HAPPEN based on the story..and man..i HATE NAMINE kairi cares alot about sora so you can NEVER really point it out that she doesnt
    namine has like no emotions..like how she told roxas he never was suppose to exist..she was too plain about it..kairi actually showed sadness and everthing..she cried when she saw sora's paopu fruit..and she drew it back cause she has feelings for him =]

20. NeoJecht Twilight Town Denizen

im just gonna say this
    DEATH TO ALL KAIRI HATERS
    ya im a kairi fanboy so i will kill anyone who dissis kairi

you have been warned