why is kairi soo hated?!?! O.o

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by SoraxGarnet, Nov 22, 2008.

?

what do you guys think

Poll closed Dec 12, 2008.
  1. I Hate Her

11.7%
  2. She was an Alright Character

73.4%
  3. Didnt appeal to me

18.1%
  4. Kairi dies cause sora belongs with riku...

8.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Near Gummi Ship Junkie

One of the reasons people hate Kairi is because there is no character development at all with her. She's very Mary-Sueish, being the love interest of the game, and always being the one to get in trouble, but supposedly strong and smart as well. She even gets her own Keyblade at one part, which seems to me like a huge joke. She's really just too perfect in such vague ways, and it makes her a very uninteresting character.

If they had bothered with developing her character a little more, so that she's actually more of a character than a simple love interest to keep the main characters moving forward, than she'd probably earn a few more fans.

2. Sui_Caedere Traverse Town Homebody

Only 8 against 69 (lol) that thinks she was an "alright character"... in fact... is the least voted option..! Of course there's an minority that thinks that and/or click there just for fun...

BTW, there's no option for "she was a great character" so... maybe this pool is affected by that to...

And also hate a female character for yaoi purposes is just stupid IMHO >_>

3. SoraxGarnet Destiny Islands Resident

ahh alright great they all end up having the same affect that she shouldnt be hated
    and alot of people on youtube hates her for yaoi reasons
    more than at least 20 hahah that i know
    yes it is dumb huh

4. Roxas VII Banned

wy u dissin Kairi xD she hasnt dun anything wrong in the game, shes done nothing wrong =P

5. Zexion King's Apprentice

i don't really like kairi but, it can't be helped because she the main girl character..nah Xion's Cuter. nuff talk

6. SoraxGarnet Destiny Islands Resident

Ugh..still for the people that hate her...you havent given one good detailed reason =[
    i guess haters just hate for selfish dumb reason =PP haha

7. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

She tries you have to admit that

Anyway, Kairi is considered that "damsel in distress", and what you said about "not supporting her role", she has ABSOLUTELY NO WAY of defending herself, but she tries to get away. Namine has some powers, she can at least get distance, so you should't bag Kairi out for something she can't help.

Also in my opinion, he got distracted, got overpowered by the heatless ad Kairi came to help. If Sora is the only person who can rid the heartless... why the hell would he give his away?

8. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Easy answer.

Because people love the character Sora.

Sora>Edward Cullen.

I like her character though.
    I think if you're gonna get all fan-girl.

Just hook her up with Riku,then you can have the key-blade master.

But don't hate someone especially if they don't exist.

(:

9. Mike Chaser

I don't know if I've posted in here.
    Anyway, I don't hate Kairi. I think she's a great character.
    I can't see why someone would hate her.

10. SoraxGarnet Destiny Islands Resident

gosh thank u soo much

11. In_the_Twilight Twilight Town Denizen

I don't think she's done anything to deserve hate...
    That's just it though. She doesn't DO much. I hope they give her a more active role if Square releases anything along the lines of a sequel.

12. Senbonzakura Kageoshi Kingdom Keeper

she a little too vulnerable a target. and sora alwayz ending up saving her butt all the time.

13. MSUK Twilight Town Denizen

Since when was Kairi hated?

Did I miss something?

IMO Sora should be the scapegoat for hate, I can't stand how his personality changes from whiny and annoying in KH1, to arrogant and plain dumbfounded in KH2.

14. kairiheartprincess Traverse Town Homebody

As you know, I definitely don't hate Kairi.

In fact, I don't really hate anyone...

But I can see the "Damsel in Distress" POV, but rather than hating her for it, I curse and wish she had more action.

SO...until the next game, Kairi non-haters and Kairi haters because she's a damsel in distress, WATCH DEAD FANTASY 2!!!!

I hope Kairi gets much more action in KH3.

I know, I know, this doesn't belong here, but because Sora's "braindeadness" (that's not my opinion) came up I had to add this.

NAMINE: You won't disappear. You'll be whole!
    ROXAS: I'll....disappear???

LOL

15. Ultimecia sorceress

I've got nothing against kairi, but I don't really care for her either.

16. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

I think it has to do with one thing she said in the World That Never Was:

"You know Sora's completely hopeless without us!"

I think especially the fangirls didn't like that at all..

17. Akino King's Apprentice

... A rock > Kairi.

idk. I don't like her, but I don't hate her. But I can name a few who seriously have issues with Kairi.

*Goes back into hiding*

18. Forever Love Life Without Limits

A lot of people hated that, not just the Sora fangirls (even though a majority of the people that disliked her line WERE the fangirls). I guess a lot of people just thought she was out of line saying that, especially after Sora fought his whole way there to save HER.

But back on topic, as said before, I don't exactly hate her. It's just certain things about her bug me. Her personality...it just seems too...blank. That's why fanfiction is so easy for writers--they can make her mean or super angelic, or maybe even slightly sarcastic and/or teasing. That's what Square needs to improve--her personality. Once they do that, I'll be satisfied, as will a lot of other KH fans.

They also have to stop making her the "Mary Sue" or the "Damsel in Distress". It bothers me insulting her character because I'm such a big fan of her, but Kairi needs to get back in the action. Being held captive is kind of getting annoying...Though she couldn't really help it when she was, you know, lifeless. >_>

But a lot of people bag on Kairi because she can't protect herself, which is where her "Keyblade" comes in. Namine has more depth, yes? Well, that's because a majority of Sora's story in COM revolved around her. She's held captive too, isn't she? But Axel lets her go, so she has a reason to be given credit for that, especially for protecting herself when she stops Repliku. But back on track, Namine can handle memories and summon Portals, which is how she saves Kairi in the first place. What can Kairi do? Nothing up to that point, which is why she receives a Keyblade--so she can defend herself.

People just need to lay off and give the girl a chance. She'll have her time in one of the next installments (which is hopefully the next full game).

/endrant

19. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I was dissapointed by Square for making her
    i mean i like her but for square she was too.... generic
    the damsel in distress who is supposed to be the 'all pure' one or something like that

20. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Kairi had a spine in KH1. I don't recall her constantly whining about Sora, or getting kidnapped in the lamest (and perhaps funniest) way possible. Similar things could be said for KH1 Sora and Riku. Even Donald & Goofy were more endearing in KH1 (like everything else, they all became watered down and bland in KH2).