why is kairi soo hated?!?! O.o

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by SoraxGarnet, Nov 22, 2008.

?

what do you guys think

Poll closed Dec 12, 2008.
  1. I Hate Her

11.7%
  2. She was an Alright Character

73.4%
  3. Didnt appeal to me

18.1%
  4. Kairi dies cause sora belongs with riku...

8.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jafar custom title

I don't even see why it matters because it's just a video game. I think it's just a bunch of rabid fangirls lusting for Sora, so they do that shit under the impression that their actions will change the plot of the game by having them in place of Kairi.

2. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NEVER had a problem wit her until this thread showed up...

3. SoraxGarnet Destiny Islands Resident

again u dont change my mind u say shes a *****
    then explain how ur no different than the rest

4. DaDarkDude Destiny Islands Resident

I saw nothing wrong with Kairi. I never got annoyed with her, I think she was a good feature to the game that added a bit of a story.
    I wont crash down on Kairi haters, but, I still want to know why they hate her..
    Naime was capture too, taken into Castle oblivion, but no one said anything. I just don't get them.

5. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah. i hate Namine though cuz she tries to feel sorry for herself o_o but not Kairi. i didn't see anything wrong with her at all. she's pretty she's kind. maybe her voice??? Brittany Snow or whatever playing Namine, that annoyed me. Kairi's voice is soft,too. you think maybe it's because of her soft attitude???

6. P Banned

I dislike Kairi in KH2, because she holds an important plot position, yet does absolutely nothing to support it. She never shows any depth of character, let alone enough to warrent her place in the story. In KH1, she had enough screen time for me to accept that she fit into the story smoothly. There was the start up at Destiny Islands and the constant flashes of memory Sora had of her. There was interest as she proved to be a point of tension between Sora and Riku as they tried to re†urn her to health in their own ways. She then had a position of importance when she freed Sora from the darkness. None of this is shown in KH2.

In KH2, she does nothing. We get a pic of her and Sora holding hands at the start. That's it. She then gets randomly kidnapped at the end of the story by Axel. Where's the interest there? There's no disembodiment, nor is there anything that makes it a decent plot point. It's just Kairi being kidnapped again when the plot didn't need it. How dull. When she does get rescued, she does nothing except walk around with them and cause Riku to leap on her and protect her. The keyblade incident is a stump. The keyblade was Riku's that he loaned to her. She didn't summon it. It was merely fanservice, and rather petty fanservice at that. She proceeds to rescue Sora, when he didn't actually want to be rescued! You heard me right. Sora was more than capable of dealing with the shadows. He chose to let them overrun him. He didn't want to release more hearts. Then Kairi comes along, releases them, makes a degrading comment to Sora and I'm meant to suddenly feel that she's a deep character. Yeah right.

I don't dislike Kairi because I feel Sora x Riku is the correct pairing. I dislike her because her shadow, Namine, is more advanced than her.

7. RieRen Traverse Town Homebody

I've may not have played the game that much but I know I hate Kairi. I mean she's just that kind of character you hate, like Aerith. I can't really back-up why I hate her but there is always going to be a character in everything that you wished they would just go away.

8. bahamut Merlin's Housekeeper

Well there are Sora fans. Kairi just seems to be hated for the fact that she's close to him. I've seen a lot of other anime characters being hated for that reason.

9. P Banned

What you're talking about is a Mary-sue character. A perfect princess.

10. Repliku Chaser

I don't hate Kairi. I also don't like SoraxRiku. I just think Kairi's character is well...perfect in Nomura's eyes for some reason and yet she's also perfectly undeveloped as one of the top 3 characters in the game.

She's supposed to be so pure of Heart that she has no Darkness, yet she did a couple things that were kind of out of fear and selfishness such as the wanting to leave the island without Riku bit, instead of being pure of Heart and talking with Riku and Sora about things if she was confused. That wasn't 'pure of Heart' or being a good friend at that point. If my friend is acting odd, I'd think I'd talk to him and do something other than convince my other friend to leave the person behind who 'made' the item or bought the item I'd be heading out with. But eh, she's not a bad character for that choice. I just don't think it was a 'pure motive'.

The other thing is that she's so poorly developed. I agree with Pika that she made this comment in KH2 that Sora 'needs them' because he can't deal with the Heartless. He's only been fighting Heartless through 3 games. Come on! She gets a Keyblade from Riku and suddenly she's equal to Sora and Riku's skill? Just no. Besides, all she fought were Shadows, which Sora was fighting by himself on Destiny Islands.

What would be nice about Kairi in KH3 is the hopes that she actually becomes a more responsive 3rd main character. I think Riku kind of gets the shaft too in this way but at least he's better developed and we know his story. Kairi's story is so simple and yet empty. We could have learned more about her through DiZ perhaps. Anything. She has started to finally become one of the three and contribute more than just using her innate Light power and pureness of Heart. Of course, in KH1 I can't totally blame her for doing nothing as Sora prevented her from going to help Sora to try to get Riku back. So, she did her part by giving him Oathkeeper. I have no problems with Sora and she having feelings for one another, but I do think that she needs to also just well...be more out there and at the same time, not insulting Sora to get more showtime. She has potential and I do hope she's given more an active role. There's really no reason why she should be doing nothing but cheering from the sidelines or getting left behind. She's made her stand in KH2 so I hope in KH3 she can actually be learned more about and become a usable functioning being. Also, I think it's about time to answer just who she is with her background already. I won't say I 'liked' Namine better than Kairi, or Xion who seems to also be connected to her in some way, but at least they did more and are more complete characters. She's got to get out of Mary Sue stage though.

11. Kiyoshi Merlin's Housekeeper

In KH 2 I liked her pretty much but not in KH 1 >_>
    ...I mean, I was in like 8 Disney worlds just to search her and then she was like the whole time inside of me? xD
    Well I was just surprised back then...
    But the storyline seems more ..."fluent" in KH 1 than in KH 2...

That's just my opinion to this topic.^^

12. kairiheartprincess Traverse Town Homebody

I love Kairi! I've seen very few Namine hate things and about a million Kairi hate things. What's wrong with Kairi? She's not a bad person. I kind of wish they had put more description into her personality (I'm not saying she's at all bland) and let her kill more than 2 shadow heartless. Oh, and I hope in KH3 you can have her as a friend (like Riku in KH2)

13. Jayn

I don't hate Kairi. I just don't like her :3
    I didnt see much of a reason to like her.

14. tomtuff Destiny Islands Resident

[MARQUEE][​IMG]

LOL that's comedy. sorry if that's to innapropriate... i cant find out how 2 add spoiler tags ):<

lol, but yeah kairi's cool.

15. <SPOILER> </SPOILER>

Replace the "<" wih "[".

16. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

I agree with both of them.

17. *dancewaterdance* King's Apprentice

I don't know why so many people dislike Kairi, I think she's fine. I guess some people don't like the whole "damsel in distress" thing about her, but I don't think it's that big a deal. *shrugs* I personally don't mind her at all.

18. SoraxGarnet Destiny Islands Resident

alright hun i see what you mean
    AGAIN ITS THE CREATOR'S FAULT
    that she didnt have much of a character
    i wanna know based on how she really is
    for why u dont like her

19. Sui_Caedere Traverse Town Homebody

People don't "hate" Kairi because yaoi...

They hate her because she dosen't have personality and is USELESS...

If she actually kick some... buts, people probably star to say "hey... maybe she's kinda bada... cool"

I would personally love see her in some deep plot, doing cool things whit that flower-keyblade-thingy of hers :]

And btw Namine is to cute to be hate... And her yuri dounshis whit Larxene are awesome!

20. SoraxGarnet Destiny Islands Resident

umm have u seen the polls/?
    some do hate her for yaoi reasons