Why doesn't my PS2 read a Codebreaker or Action Replay disk?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Milla Maxwell, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Milla Maxwell Moogle Assistant

Apologies for asking this here, but I've searched for solutions for a good many months. And I have found all of zero answers on countless other sites.

I have an NTSC PS2, I had an Action Replay for it and it worked fine. The reset button broke and became all flimsy and I didn't know how to replace the button part (all the tutorials I found were only for broken power ribbons and not the button itself.) So I had to buy a new PS2 because I didn't want a broken console.

The new one works fine, except it doesn't play my Action Replay anymore. I put it in; the console makes a loud noise (like it's struggling to read the disk,) and gives me a Disk Read Error. I bought a Codebreaker, thinking it was an Action Replay issue, but that fixed nothing (it still screams like a banshee when I try to make it play the Codebreaker disk.)

I'd much appreciate if someone could shed some light on this. Again, I apologize for putting this here, but I have nowhere else to ask it that has a chance of giving me an answer.

2. NewbieBob Moogle Assistant

I've seen later-model PS2 Slim's do weird things with cheat discs. I believe Sony's last few models blocked them out in amusing ways. In one instance, I tried to load Codebreaker up on one of those late models, but the splash screens loaded so slowly that the program was completely unusable.

Sometimes, PS2's just develop quirks when reading discs. For example, random PS1 and PS2 games not loading is a common issue. From there, you have to test the discs in another console altogether. Remember: There's a high probability that nothing is wrong with the discs.

I hope this helps.

3. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

What condition was your ps2 in when you bought it, was it refurbished or was it new, if it was refurbished then there's a chance the laser that reads the disk is damaged or no good, try other disks besides codebreaker or action replay, if no other disks work then its possible you have a bad laser.

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

~Moved to technology as the code vault is more for the codes themselves and you are asking a question about the technology behind it.

I do apologise, I don't know much about technology so I wish I could help you xD Have a nice day, any questions, feel free to message me.