Dream Drop Distance Why do you want KHIII and what do you expect from it?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Boy Wonder, May 21, 2011.

1. ShibuyaGato Transformation

That is in Re:Coded...

To end the seemingly endless stream of spin-offs for the DS.
    I wanna finish off the Xehanort Saga and play an ACTUAL console entry again.

I expect lots of plot twists and confusing ties between characters as only Tetsuya Nomura can deliver.

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I suppose I'm interested to see how it will end. I'm eager to find out what will happen in the end and if TAV will recover. I suppose I've just thoroughly enjoyed the last 2 main games so much I have high expectations for the sequel. As to what I expect from it, I don't really know, I just want a good variety of Disney worlds, I want good gameplay and an interesting storyline with an emotional part to it- I enjoy getting sucked into the game.

I have to agree though, I do like these spinoffs, I mean sure- i'm excited for KHIII but I am happy that they give us these side games while we wait. It helps develop the storyline so I can feel I know the characters more. Sure it's annoying that they seem to be trying to get a game on every console but that's business really.

3. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I want a nice, console version with amazing graphics that will put 358/2 days to shame which is fairly easy, since the graphics suck on that game Also, I want the story to end now. All the spin-offs are dragging the story out too much and it's kinda putting me off the series.

4. AMRES Destiny Islands Resident

I beg to differ. I am too big of a KH fan to see it all end at KHIII. I prefer the game to go on like Final Fantasy.

Just my opinion...... ^_^

5. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I half agree with you. As a big fan of Kingdom Hearts, it'll be hard to see the series end, but the one thing about continuing it is that they have to eventually run out of Disney to put in it, right? No one wants things to start looking repetitive, and that's the one thing I fear happening if they do continued it after Kingdom Hearts III.

6. AMRES Destiny Islands Resident

They do not essentially have to cram in all the Disney characters in it and continuously repeat and rehash the story-line game after game.

In fact, they can stop putting in new characters in and keep the characters it has now.

Instead, they can continue on the game as a serial much-like Final Fantasy - a story better than the last one.

Same concept applies when businesses, including gaming companies, make a deal better than the previous one.

Doesn't matter to me how long it will take for them to create a new KH but as long as the game maintains its originality in its story-line then its all good.

The only way for the game NOT to have a repetitive semblance would be if the upcoming games are well-planned from start to finish... and allowing the developers to take as much time as they need.

General Valid Point ---> "Rushed games" are typically never good.

They could also keep the same pattern they're going at since the beginning of the saga.

That is ===> Large Project -> Spin-off -> Large Project -> Spin-off

I ask for one thing -> Kindly keep the main characters intact. Otherwise, the story-line will be greatly affected, influenced [and perhaps ruined] by the absence of a main character.

7. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

It depends if they end up killing the game. I do want them to continue but not to the point of overkill, I don't know why but the Final Fantasy series is doing great with so many additions to the series but they were all idependent of each other while KH is not.

I can't imagine what they would do after KH3 but as long as the story is good and has the standards of the Xehanort saga then I am fine.

Regarding Kingdom hearts 3, I'm also hoping for a good addition to the Disney worlds- I want a good mix of films, including ones that they;ve visited previously as well as completely new ones.

8. Noise For Love and Justice

The KH series can go on...they just dont have to use Sora after KH3.

they have such an interesting universe they could make numerous titles...that doesnt mean they should though.

I want KH3 to have new worlds and a great new story. I cant wait.

9. Ichiya_Yuka Merlin's Housekeeper

I hope there's no end for KH coz I really love this series. But I know that's impossible =_=......
    Well, I just hope that we can see new worlds, new battle systems.....and I want that the playable character isn't only Sora or Riku.
    Oh, I also want the party member isn't just like KH or KH II....only Sora, Donald, Goofy....maybe we can choose our own party members? Like Sora, Roxas, Ventus in 1 party xDDDDD

10. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

I really want KHIII to end the freaking Xehanort saga. Sure, the story's interesting, but let's scan all the filler games they've smashed in our face. Only one is fun. Birth by Sleep was entertaining and useful to the story, but REALLY Re:coded? No. Just no. Technically, I think Xehanort's saga should have five titles:
    1. KHI
    2. CoM
    3.KHII
    4.BbS
    5.KHIII

Because in my opinion, that would be enough.

Anyway, I suspect the game will be fun and awesome when it finally comes out, and maybe the next saga can have a new hero? Pleeeease, Squeenix? Sora's okay and all, but...

11. Cloud.Strife. Traverse Town Homebody

Who, on this site, who HAS played every KH game, DOESN'T want KHIII?

Honestly, like Brit said, the Xehanort saga HAS gone on for long enough, and I think the fans are itching to see something BESIDES a 3rd form of Xehanort in KHIII, I mean, come on Squeenix. Seriously?
    But, we just got to trust that they will do their job right when it comes to KH3, like they have with all of the other games.

12. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Anyone on this site who doesn't will probably be mauled by bears at a future point.

After KH3D comes out, I think Kingdom HEarts III will be the next title. We just have to believe that Squeenix won't stall anymore for us. I'm sure they're working just as hard as they can around the clock and the game will get here when it gets here.

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

don't forget about Birth by sleep Volume 2 or whatever. But yeah, I think we're getting quite close to the end. Square is just trying to fill in all of the details that might either be important or would be interesting to know

14. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

All I want is for Xehanort to die >:3 AND FOR TERRA, AQUA AND VEN TO BE RESTORED.

15. AMRES Destiny Islands Resident

Change of thought.

This is what I want, lol.

16. Saxima [screams geometrically]

It's a bit inevitable that the three are going to make a comeback, otherwise Nomura wouldn't have created them at all. I'm sure he has a second appearance for them in mind.

17. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

I want to see more playable characters or more Final Fantasy related worlds such as Spira or Zanarkand or Besaid Island.
    I love all the Final Fantasy X worlds so i really hope they will include atleast one.
    Oh and i would also like to see Final Fantasy X characters at their actual age.

18. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I'm one of the ones hoping KHIII will hurry up and get here, despite enjoying pretty much every installment in the series more than the average (particularly Days and CoM, which I pretty well loved). Everything needs to have an end; if a story goes on too long out of the fans' desire to see it continue, the developers lose sight of what made that story so awe-inspiring and garnered such support for it. The closing of a chapter is always a sort of bittersweet thing, but that closure is necessary and healthy, both for the author and the consumers. It keeps the mythos sacred.

With every installment, Nomura puts more and more on Sora's shoulders. The hopes and fears of his friends, the tragedies surrounding Roxas's "birth" and "death" and the struggles of the three Keyblade wielders who came before him, every life (and non-life, as it were) that has been touched by Xehanort's black hand... Suffice to say, there has been sufficient build-up for a thrilling climax. But that tension has to be resolved soon or it's going to boil over. Otherwise, both the thrill of the final battle and the satisfaction of the story's closure will be lost.

I wouldn't mind seeing other stories set in the KH universe. Far from it, I'd welcome an extended continuity. A property that expands into its own little multi-verse is probably one of my favorite properties. But this particular story needs to have the good sense and courtesy to end, and end well. No more leaving loose ends untied, no more introducing new threads.

I guess that's what I'm expecting from KHIII: closure. Well, that, and I have my own vision of the final battle with Xehanort... but that's just wishful thinking and I know it. Far as gameplay mechanics go? Well, they hit the nail right on the head with BbS, so I sincerely hope that system is kept. It gives you more options with less hassle--perfect for the increasingly fast-paced gameplay. I'd also like to see either the removal of Second Chance and Once More or for these abilities to matter a lot less; they're a crutch, and at this point a boss is only hard to beat if you haven't unlocked one of these abilities yet (Even then it's a toss-up). Other than that, I'm not picky.

19. What? 『 music is freedom 』

The desire of holding KHIII in the first place shall in itself be required as it shall continue the general story of the series in itself - and indeed, though the story is advanced, relatively, through the current handheld-based games, these games in themselves appear to be more "side-stories" so to speak, what with Birth By Sleep being a general prequel to the story line and 358/2 Days continuing the Organization plot line. Coded, though advancing the story slightly, appears to be more of a sort of secondary installment due to reasons of mechanics and whatnot. Though these aforementioned threads are quite lovely to view and indeed add a sort of essence to the entire world itself, I suppose the main objective wished for Kingdom Hearts III is a further advancing of the major story line in a sort of extensive leap - which attention should certainly be directed at as well, and thankfully is at the moment with Kingdom Hearts 3D. Perhaps a metaphor may be used - with Kingdom Hearts I and II being "suns" or anchors from which the secondary games or "planets" orbit around, these secondary games holding general influence upon these aforementioned planets. A third anchor or sun would be quite nice to continue to the story in such a leap or bound to continue the pacing already present.

20. KeybladeWars Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't want KHIII now. I think Nomura should release as much spin offs as he'd like, to uncover the true final story. Even though I have been waiting for KH3 since KH2 lol
    But anyways, I don't really think KH will end after 3. It is such a big success, why would Square let it go?