Why Do You Hate Emos?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by ShadowofRiku, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

I've only ever seen it happen on forums like these. Then again they could be 40 year old men for all I know posing to meet a minor. Posturing that you have it "rough" is just begging for someone to make it rough for you.

2. Majik Chaser

you all are really immature if you hate/dislike someone by the way they dress.

yes i agree that there are kids that like to get attention and i want to slap the h*ll out of them but seriously not ALL of them are like that. ALL the ones at my school just like the style of clothes they wear. none of my friends are depressed kids that cut themselves, they just like the style

and no thats not a fake emo or a wanna be, it's just the way they are

if you hate them or whatever then you seriously need to grow up. if you don't like them ignore them.

3. ValooTheFifth Moogle Assistant

Why do I? I'll tell you why.

The whole lifestyle is unhelathy, the music flat-out sucks, and they are ruining the image of our generation witht heir stupid "Look at me, I hate myself, now I'm going to go be a freak". I mean, they don't even try to make new friends, they just hide and be freaks and are only friends with people who are freaks like they are.

I think the whole word should be changed to freak.

So why do I hate freaks? Well, because they are not trying to improve the quality of their lives at all, just wasting their time crying about their problems instead of actually fixing them.

I despise them.

:)

4. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

The previous post is what I like to call a stereotypist bigot ^^ I dress emo because I like the look, I like emo music because of how it sounds (an opinion which I do not expect all others to share as it is music). What I CANNOT stand is when people use wide and generalising stereotypes to class people because they are too lazy or ignorant to actually look at what they are talking about.

The part about 'ruining our generation' I really don't get. Since when has our generation been represented by emos? If anything it's represented by chavs, which I consider to be a far worse fate..........

Stereotypes like that are what makes the world a bad place, not emos. And anyway, if that's how they feel then so be it. They can do what ever they want, it's a free world. I get depressed sometimes too, it's a fact of life.

5. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

Like I said, I've never had a problem with the STYLE, because that's all it is. What bothers me is the self-pity and the attitude that so many people start to associate themselves with. The self-pity thing just drives the vicious cycle making people loath the attention whore thus driving the self-pit even further.

Furthermore emo culture has taken recent generations by swarm. but it's no different than hiphop, or any other sub-culture out there. Also I have no idea what a Chav is.

6. ValooTheFifth Moogle Assistant

While the style isn't really my favorite thing in the world, I don't really hate it. I can tolerate someone doing it just for the style. I just hate everything that "emo" stands for, and that's what I can't stand. Wear whatever the heck you want, it's a free world after all. It's just that what is commonly associated with that image, stereotypical or not, is something that I definitely do not agree with.

7. The music is entertaining and about life itself. It brings out different points and gelps us see the truth in life.

Also. Its not the emos that dont try to make friends, its the people who just dont care, they dont even try to be friends with emo people they shove them down and hate them for seemingly no reason.

Perfect =)

Chavs are idiots who wander the streets vandalising houses and cars and beating people up for no reason. They're the ones that are ruining our world. Not emos. And emos dont just do it to try and get attention. You should at least try to understand some and get to know them before you say stupid accusationd like that.

I'm sure shadow would back me up here too.

8. ♥ M e w I c h i g o ♥ Twilight Town Denizen

Hmm. Well, I can't exactly say I hate emos, seeing as I wouldn't actually say "I hate (insert person here)", unless I really completely despised them, and it's pretty hard for a person to make me dislike them that much. xP
    In fact, the real problem with people these days is that they choose to label other people, and even themselves. I HATE labels. People call me a prep, because I actually wear girls' clothes. My friend calls herself goth because she's not girly. Another friend calls herself emo because she's into rock. Ugh.
    Really, I'm pretty sure this isn't true about all or most emos, but I just can't stand the whole self-pity thing. Though I'm pretty sure that's just a stereotype given to people who are into emo music and clothes...

9. xekushi Gummi Ship Junkie

I don't know a single "emo" wallowing in self pitty, dispite their dark look they all seem happy.

10. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Exactly, I don't know any either. I bet there are very few emos who wallow in self-pity constantly every day. I have wallowed in self-pity before but always came out of it, and I'm a TEENAGER therefore have things called hormones etc. which can cause mood swings. It's part of life, so calling someone a freak because of something they have no control over is extremely ignorant. Some may have actual clinical depression, and making jibs against them would make it worse.

And I know how hard it is to get out of the afore mentioned vicious cycle, at one point I thought about how I was getting depressed about trivial things and this made me even more depressed as I thought about those who actually have real reasons to be depressed.

I think anyone who hates someone because of a pre-decided label before they have even met them doesn't deserve friends or any form of social interaction.

11. Repliku Chaser

I really don't care how someone dresses. I dress in black all the time but certainly don't consider myself emo. I don't mind what people coin as 'emo' music. Some of it is really terrific and I'm kind of glad there are other types of music to listen to than pop or country love songs that have no meat to them anymore. There are other emotions besides wanting sex and keeping someone's attention and oops, I got dumped again and all. Dark poetry is mostly fine. There seem to be two types of emos though that need to be rather discernible. One type, as mentioned above here, they are harmless. Big deal if someone dresses in black, has tattoos, lots of piercings and loves a genre of music. Who cares? It doesn't affect anyone to let these people live and do their thing. Those who say so, I totally agree with that.

However, the other type of emo that becomes annoying to most people is the 'cutting', drawing pics of death and morbid scenes of 'themselves' because they really do say they hate themselves, taking drugs to destroy themselves and escape reality, writing poetry not just about being sad etc, but how they want to mutilate and destroy themselves and those around them, being selfish jerks that they expect attention and 'woe is me' but if someone else is suffering the most you get out of them is 'poor you' or 'I don't want to hear about your problems', becomes a point where most people would say 'wtf'. Not all 'emos' are bad. But those who are so lost in their own self pity, loathing and make themselves suffer and have no care for those around them they bring down are seriously in need of therapy. There's a real psychological issue that needs addressed and they require severe assistance. I don't 'hate' them, as I've said in other posts, but really, it's hard to ignore someone like that when they are related to you or a friend. Live and let live doesn't always work so easily then.

12. Reoy Hollow Bastion Committee

i don't hate them they're just scary sometimes...hiding under their hood puttting their hands in their pocket feeling so down i just don't like seeing people like that its just very sad for them to be like that always having thie dark thoughts why can't they change and be happy g8oddamit! it makes me mad sometime l:<

13. khorne58 Merlin's Housekeeper

emo is more of a fasion statemannt

the majority of emos arn't all emotional (which is what emo is short for) and stuff, its just more of a fasion statement, they wanna stand out from the crowd.

14. Soku Hollow Bastion Committee

Emo seems like a word people exxagerate with.
    If someone comes to school dressed in black then they are considered emo.WTF?
    It's like black is some kind of banned color now.

15. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I agree, they get worked up on the tiniest things but I don't care! I'm not emo, I would never think different or treat them lower to me because they aren't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.