358/2 Days Why do people hate Xion so much?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Shikou, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Princess-Zilla Moogle Assistant

Can I just simply say, totally completely generalising here:

'Fangirls dislike Xion because she gets in the way of Axel and Roxas's love'

as stupid as that sounds, it's true if you twist it around a little. It's debatable, but people say that without Xion, all that cr-p between the trio wouldn't have happened. Most of the time she's just angst-ing. Myself, I like Xion. She's cute and a good friend to both Axel and Roxas, as well as quite important to the story, but my first impression of her was kind of 'why is she here? Axel and Roxas are best friends. they don't need someone else', sort of thing y'know? Like she started at the organisation, caused a bunch of trouble, aided with Roxas's depression and insecurity issues, and faded away.

... on the fangirling side ... I'm an AkuRoku fan myself, so it's kind of like having two of your favourite characters, who you think are adorable and totally made for eachother, and adding in someone else who disrupts any chances at love.
    wow that sounds stupid. I should stop trying to transfer what goes on in my head onto the computer screen now.

A Mary Sue is just that annoying stereotypical girl character who is good at everything and everybody in the series likes, who pretty much lacks an original personality.
    ... I think.
    She's not really a Mary Sue. There's too much angst going on for her to be a Mary Sue XD

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

Just like with Kairi I don't hate Xion, but I can kinda see how people would dislike her. In the overrall plot the main thing she did was show that Roxas was different than the other nobodies.

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

*sigh*

ROXAS HAS NO REASON FOR LEAVING ORGANIZATION XIII WITHOUT XION.

Honestly, what's his motivation otherwise? "These guys are dicks, I'm gonna go vanish into this ******ed brown-haired kid's subconscious"? Yes, they could've chosen another reason, but would anything else be worth an entire game? And if not, would it ever come to light? The sentiment that she's wasted space infuriates me, and is actually slightly offensive on a level I'm not comfortable talking about.

Also the people claiming AkuRoku disruption need to take a long hard look at themselves. That was never a thing. Even RokuXion isn't a thing. I'm the one who claims the Nobodies aren't as emotionless as they make themselves out to be and even I can see that Roxas is too damaged to form any kind of healthy or productive romantic relationship. He needs friends, and that's what he has--or had, until sh#% went south. Xion complicated and intensified the tension between Roxas, Axel, and the rest of the Organization, thus leading to Roxas's departure. She sells that angle on his character better than anything else before her; she makes it real, gives it gut appeal.

Ok, well, I dunno if I'd go THAT far. He did make up most of the games as he went. I mean, how would you explain Demyx or Luxord in that light? They're kind of one-note. Even with a backstory they'd still be incidental, unless they were somehow tied intrinsically into the events that transpired between BbS and KHII.

4. NamineArtistOfLove Destiny Islands Resident

Honestly, I think people hate her (I don't) because she kills 358/2 Days' AkuRoku potential. Akuroku fans started the Anti-Xion feelings. Everyone else came after. (As far as I can tell.)

5. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

I also happen to like Xion. I think though another problem some people have with her is in her moveset. In multiplayer, she is basically Roxas with a different model. She should've been given her own moveset and that would've probably help her popularity. Not many people likes a clone character.

(To be honest, my girlfriend cosplays as Xion, so I might be a lil biased for her.)

6. NamineArtistOfLove Destiny Islands Resident

But technically according to the story, all she was, was a failed clone made by Vexen. A clone of Sora, no less. Roxas=1/2 of Sora. So it's only natural she'd move and behave like Roxas, right?

7. Shuhbooty moon child

As it was mentioned before i also thought her presence was unnecessary in the plot. Nomura does have this thing with putting unnecessary characters into the mix just for fun. She reminds me of a weakling in dying need of help. e.e

8. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    Shes just a damsel in distress.
    "Oh no,I'm so useless and I need friends and I was created to destroy my only freind~ MER"
    Like seriously,Sit the Ef Down.
    ALMOST NO ONE LIKES YOU.
    She also trys to kill you at the end,and your her best friend.So yeah.
    (Your (In last sentence)=Roxas)

9. ygorvaz Destiny Islands Resident

Well, to be true, she knows that or her or Roxas have to disappear, she also knows Xemnas plans and has decided that she would try to make some difference, so, yes, she was reprogramed to fight roxas, but she knew that and she knew that that was the right thing to do, because that way Roxas could eliminate her, something he would not do in anyother way.
    And as Sforzato posted earlier, Roxas would not have any other strong reason to leave the organization, and if you ask me, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days would have been a very boring game, I mean, same faces, same reasons, just a little backgroung history, without anything unique in the game.

Xion also appears in BBS secret ending, Blank Points and in the ending of Coded/ Re: Coded, implying that she is one of the characters that will come back in the future games.

10. awesomeperson Destiny Islands Resident

wow when i saw that video,im like who makes a big deal u didnt get so u hat alyson stoner jus cuz that, but i dont hate her she one of my favs

11. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

Granted, but it would've still been nice to have her stats or technique be a little different. maybe a different attack style or something. I mean, Roxas in days and sora in days acted differently.

12. Llave Superless Moderator

Akuroku is purely a fan made scenario that is not going to happen in the actual series. Roxas and Axel are good friends, but that doesn't mean they want to stick their sea-salts up each other. Frankly if Xion didn't exist in Days, I wouldn't be surprised if female fans would proclaim that 358/2 Days would be a sexist and androcentric game.

She is a complicated character, but at the same time, very basic. Essentially she is Sora, but the memories of Kairi. Her physical body is nonexistent, but she is a composition of real emotions. Whether you like it or not, she is a person if you get down to it.

I interpreted Days as a more emotional game amongst emotionless, paradoxical beings. Xion makes things real, and the way it ended really got to me. Days is to show how unfair Roxas' days at the organization was and how, even though stuff happens, memories will never fade. Xion was a vital emitter to this subliminal plot.

13. Aragorns Gummi Ship Junkie

I agree with Pond here, Xion is a good character.(To be honest, at beasts castle when she got her Keyblade back, half of my mind was actually saying 'don't just stand there fool, kiss her!'... don't ask). AND Roxas wouldn't have any incentive to leave Organization XIII, but I agree with Cloudrunner here as well, all though she IS a clone of Roxas, why would that have to stop her being a bit more... different?
    I suppose we should sum it up with one thing I don't think anyone thought off...

We all have Free Will, meaning we all have Opinion, respect people's Opinions... and keep your own.

oh and, for the record, let me point out some stuff..
    1: When Xion disappeared, everyone started to lose their memory of her, by the time Roxas fights Riku at Memories Skyscraper... he can bearly remember her name.
    2: On the subject of her name, it is No.1... you know, she was No.1 of the replica programme.
    3: Do I recall a 'K' in Roxas's name? No? Therefore, AkoRoku isn't real, its in your imagination...
    4: Again, we all have opinions, respect eachothers opinions, and keep your own. Remember Ezio's words
    "Nothing is true, everything is Permitted."

14. Mini Armaldo Moogle Assistant

I'm not a huge xion fan but I think Nomura should have given her a part in the story that actualy connected to the much LARGER story altogether and sense she just had the khdays part and wasn't really ever mentioned again she didn't get very popular so people just hate on her because nobody really cares because there's nothing to like or dislike about her.It's kind of like bullying her I guess...But who knows what's going on in Nomura's head,maybe xion will make an epic come back or something later on in the series

15. redhairedking Traverse Town Homebody

Honestly, I don't know why I dislike her. I have simply never really liked her.

16. RoxasJ26 Merlin's Housekeeper

maybe people thought she wasn't needed in the story or she was a burden or was just useless, I don't know, although I don't hate her

17. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Xion is not creepy, the girl on the video is.

I don't hate Xion, she's one of my favorites characters. I can't see why people hate Xion either. Xion is just like Naminé and Kairi (or at least similar). Never did something bad, of course that happened in the end of Days, but we all know why.

18. shadusnox Merlin's Housekeeper

I actually liked xion quite a lot, don't ask me why. But I can understand why people don't like her.
    She's basically the same as roxas only with a different face and most people think she's not important and got in the way of axel and roxas without really adding anything but she does a few things
    1:she gives roxas a reason to leave org Xiii
    2:she adds something original to days
    3:she explains roxas's ability to wield two keyblades (which for some reason I think is important, anyone know why?)

Random xion fact
    Her name is no I, as in number one because she is vexens first successful (mostly) replica, I know riku's replica was made first but in one of zexions reports it says that the riku replica is "unfit for number status" so they decide to experiment on it instead

19. nickoboyzx Gummi Ship Junkie

i doesn't like / dislike xion
    in fact xion aren't so bad when using it
    i seem xion more look like namine

20. AkuRokuShi Moogle Assistant

Hey,, this might be a little old but yeah! So um people call her 'Mary Sue' because apparently it means they they're perfect or something. which Xion obviously is not. and i agree with you. I don't find her annoying or creepy, and i think her voicing is okay. Could have been better though. And lol at the video XD