Why do people hate Kairi?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Zexion of the Twilight, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

I see one logical explination: some of you seem to think Kairi shall get in your way to Sora. Honestly, THEY'RE JUST CHARACTERS IN A VIDEO GAME! Go write your fantasies in a book or somethin', but don't haunt me if it turns into a The Grudge curse or anythin'.

2. ZakuraRabbit Gummi Ship Junkie

Somoene hates all female main characters in japanese animation so it seems-.-

3. Daydreamer

Thats pretty much it I guess.

4. Inasuma "pumpkin"

It is most likely they are a straight woman or a homo man.

And yes, it is quite ignorant to 'hate' a video game character. Except for certain ones....like Sigma from Megaman. >.>

5. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

:rolleyes: I never got to him...

6. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

Well I don't hate her (: I think Sora is cute :P
    But seriosely it is going a little bit far when you wan't to kill a video game character just because you want the boy x3

7. BirthBySleep Merlin's Housekeeper

I heard it's because Sora does so much for her all she does is laugh and look pretty. *eye roll*

What do they expect her to do, she can't really do much when she didn't know where he was, or remember who he was. I mean, all she could do really was send the message in the bottle...

I like Kairi (Y)

8. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

That's called obsession...and it's pathetic.

Some hate her because she's so useless in the game. I just see her as one of those characters who is most likely to have a love relationship with the main character.

9. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

People are weird. She's only a game character. Why someone hate her? Besides she's with the good guys. I only hate the characters that i can't beat. Like Ursula in the first game.

And i don't think she's useless. She's one of the seven princesses.

10. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

When we are talking about this I suddently remembered a poll .
    It was posted here at khv and I took it , and I got Kairi and the poll said :" OMG! You are eviil girl Kairi , I hate you!!".
    Now that is taking it to far with hating video characters.

I like Kairi to :3

11. DJSeph2007 Traverse Town Homebody

because the people who hate sora is girls... and they want sora all for them self! (but sorry girls, sora is GAY!) XD

12. Topaz-Jo Traverse Town Homebody

Hey i don't hate Kairi, i don't even want Sora! I want this boy in ma class, :S. Anyway why can't they accept that they can't be with him and just don't hate her because of a boy.

13. DJSeph2007 Traverse Town Homebody

i didnt mean every girl who plays KH likes Sora... just the crazy once XD

14. Nanaki Broken in six places

I don't hate Kairi!! I think she's kinda cool. Really,I only hate characters that care for themselves alone,or kill/hurt without caring. There are only 3 characters in KH that I don't like,but I don't hate them. They would be: Aries,because...well..she's just..weak and..emotionless. Namine,because every time I see her,she has only bad news to bear. And Yen Sid...beacuse he just gives me the willies and I believe he's evil...

Seriously though,I don't get why people hate Kairi,either...

15. Mish smiley day!

I liked Kairi more in the first game, not sure why..... xD;

But in the second one she's just kinda annoying. Getting herself kidnapped like that.. only providing more trouble for Sora to clean up. :rolleyes:

Also, she gets in the way of the Sora/Riku relationship. =D;

16. Jade Rhade King's Apprentice

This is the reason a friend of mine simply cannot stand Kairi:

"Kairi is the epitome of Mary-Sue-ness!" (basically stating that she is too utterly perfect)

Now, while I agree that Kairi is, in fact, rather useless other than being a Princess and trophy for Sora and Riku to fight over in the first game (sorry, but Kairi does in fact belong to Sora, and Sora to her), she is not evil and should not be hated just because she's too pretty and has an obnoxious laugh and seems to serve no other purpose than to be the damsel in distress. And then Riku just pulled a Keyblade for her out of his butt or something... But let's not get into how she magically ended up with a Keyblade, or I might rend flesh from limbs. >.<

I prefer the "evil" characters to Sora and Riku any way. ^_^ You've got Zexion, and Demyx, and Roxas, and Ienzo... <3

17. khfanatic Merlin's Housekeeper

i like kairi ,she's hot

18. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I eat Kairi haters for breakfast.

Many people don't like her simply because they are...infatuated with Sora. Let me explain something.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!
    He is a video game character. NOT REAL.
    Kairi is ALSO a video game character. NOT REAL. She was created for Kingdom Hearts and its sequels. However, Square Enix has designed the complex program that makes all those pretty images come up on your screen, and in that extremely complex system of coding, 0s, and 1s, there is a program that makes Sora and Kairi act in a loving way to each other.

In other words, YOU CAN'T CHANGE THAT. They're both virtual, nonexistant in our world. Yes, they exist in a game, but not in flesh and blood. They are programmed by game designers to act that way. DEAL WITH IT.

Let me know if I totally confused you.
    ...I'm gonna get a soda.

19. Nanaki Broken in six places

EXACTLY!! It's okay if you do hate a character,really though. Just complaining about it like a 4 year old is getting you NOWHERE. People just have to deal with it. But do they ever? Only the smart ones...*sigh*

20. PopTartAddict Merlin's Housekeeper

People hate Kairi for....well, honestly not that many reasons. She's either annoying to the person...or to fangirls, in the way of awesome SoraRiku smex.
    Now....I am a shipper SoraRiku...and I do resent her for being created. >.> Which makes no sense but IT'S OKAY. Because it doesn't have to. Everyone has their own fandom.
    ...This is turning into a rant...and it will! Rant away little brain!
    So...back to Kairi hating. I do find her annoying and I would not mind seeing her explode, but there is a reason it's okay she's there. It has been stated...SHE'S NOT REAL. She does not exist...a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER. (How I love my caps-lock key!)
    Yes, you can dislike, hate, loathe her, but do not go out of your way to do that. It clearly states your own life is so boring...you must obsess over fictional characters that can not feel your hate, hear, it, or have any kind of reaction to it.
    Which bring me to the whole...single character obsession. Everyone knows it...'OMG!!!one11!! I ttly luv (insert character name here) hes SOOOOoooOOOOOO hotz nd bak of WHORE hes is sooo mine btch!!!oneoneeleven!!111''
    Yeah...I don't know either.
    IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. There is a certain LINE that one just can NOT cross. That was it. (On an off-topic note: Characters claiming= BAD.They do NOT belong to you, they belong to their creators. )
    They are not real. Stop. Right. Now. You are only hurting yourself. Yes, everyone wishes they were real but they're not. Live and let live....or something.
    Read and repeat: 'They are not real. They will never be real. I must get myself a man. '
    And there ends the spastic command my brain sent my fingers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.