Who is Sora with? Riku?Kairi?Namine?Roxas?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by MandyXRiku4ever, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Always Dance Chaser

Honestly, I do believe Sora is romantically interested in Riku. And that's not some yaoi desire, I don't swing that way. Seriously, the kid grew up on an island, he probably has no idea what to do with himself, I doubt he sees any problem with man love.

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

It's not completely unreasonable to want to go searching far and wide for your best friend. They obviously have a large history behind them, spening so much time with someone is going to make them very close. Plus, Sora is a determined guy who wants to protect everyone so it makes sense for him to go so far to save such a big part of ones life.

Sora definately likes Kairi, whether they're actually together is another matter, Namie is just a part of Kairi so in a sense they are. However, Namine is more with Roxas as they're both nobodies so it makes sense. Roxas? He's just a part of Sora so no.

People get creative and make up things like yaoi so a friendship is turned into something dirty. Some people like to believe it, it's just what makes them happy.

3. RikusLight Merlin's Housekeeper

No, there isn't a problem with it. In my opinion, however, there are more hints that Sora is interested in Kairi more then Riku. Riku he just sees as a brother.

4. Narnianqueen Merlin's Housekeeper

God, why do people have to be so disgusting? Please, people like you give the rest of us KH fans a bad name. Can't two guys love each other in a brotherly way? Why do they have to pictured as gay. Geez! This whole thread is disgusting! Sora loves Kairi. Kairi loves Sora. Roxas loves either Namine or Xion. Riku has yet to find anyone. I hate when I search pics of Kh online and all I find is Roxas and Axel together in a gay way and Sora and Riku together in a gay way. There are hardly any pics with Sora and Kairi. Actually, I haven't seen any of Sora and Kairi. What has our society come to if it's all about being gay. C'mon!!!!!! I'm a girl and I love my girl best friend but not in a sexual way. I love her like a sister. And I would like to say I love her and not be thought of as gay because I'm not. And what's with the whole Roxas masturbation thing?! That's the most disgusting thing I've heard in my whole life!!!! People just stop please!!!!!

5. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

Let's do this reply step-by-step, since this is the third time I've tried to post and my internet's cocked up.

1) Nobody in this thread has really disagreed with anything you're saying. Look at all the posts saying 'Sora's not gay! He loves Kairi!' Therefore, I don't know what half the reaction here is about.

2) In Days, Roxas doesn't really comprehend 'love', and hardly even has an understanding of 'friendship', so he doesn't 'love' Xion and his reasoning for them being 'friends' is additionally pretty shaky. As for Naminé, they've not had enough interaction to actually call 'ship'. So ya know. ;)

3) The reason people draw and write SoraRiku is because it's not canon, so otherwise they have no way to see it happen. But they want to, so instead of flaming or leaving the franchise for something that trivial, they just make it for themselves instead.

4) SoraKairi DOES exist on the Internet to be found if you're willing to narrow your search down a bit. It sounds stupid, I know, but people don't have much of a motivation to make it when it's half-canon.

5) I say it's half-canon because while the hints are as obvious as a brick to the head, Nomura's already said there's no romance in the original cast, just strong friendship and devotion.

6) Our society is starting to become more accepting of homosexuality, but we still haven't pinned down the correct reaction yet. That might be a factor as to the overload, but I doubt it. It's much more possible that fan-girls just wanna see two guys get close, something that doesn't happen on TV as often as two girls getting close does.

7) At no point has anybody actually insinuated that any of the members here are gay. And even if any of us came to the conclusion that Sora and Riku aren't just friends, we'd certainly not be saying that it's impossible for two people of the same gender to be close friends. We would just think that Sora and Riku are too close for that.

8) Which part is disgusting, that we're considering people being gay, that we're discussing it quite openly without much tact, or that we're discussing the sexuality of Disney characters?

9) The 'Roxora equals masturbation' thing was just a joke. There could've been worse.

10) If you honestly think this thread is disgusting, then God help you if you ever stumble upon 'Meatspin'.

11) Also, warning for everybody here before we continue: a character being gay doesn't always mean they'll have a sudden rabid sexuality; same with real life. So even if Sora and Riku were gay with each other, they won't be humping each other at every possible moment, since that's not in their characters. Similarly, if we're coupling Sora and Kairi, this isn't a synonym of both characters being celibate. The question that started the thread is about romance anyway, not sex!

6. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Well, if you think of Square and how they have done it with their games before;

Tidus / Yuna
    Squall / Rinoa
    Cloud / Tifa\Aerith

The majority of people would cheer for Sora and Kairi, and I am one of them. I'm not a homophobe, but honestly, it doesn't make sense to pair up Sora and Riku, because they are such good friends, and all I can see is that, they are extremely good friends, it's like JD and Turk in Scrubs as someone mentioned earlier.

About Naminé... She is Kairi (technically) so if Sora loved her, he would love Kairi as well. Naminé is to Roxas what Kairi is to Sora, because they are the same, right?

And I definitely see something between Kairi and Sora, and I'm so extremely annoyed that there is no "proclamation" of feelings from either side! I hope they up the PEGI to 13+ or 16+ so you can at least have some more romance than only thinking of each other. I'm not saying they should, well, lets not scar the kids, but there has been not even a single kiss? That to me makes no sense what so ever. One of the things I really love about the KH games are the relationship between the characters, but unfortunately, I'm guessing it's Disney, won't allow it! I could be mistaken though, but I think letting a relationship develop over more than two games, without even a single kiss is a bit too much.

I am very much for Sora and Kairi being together!
    Riku could get Selphie!

And what about Kairi engraving her giving Sora the flower (which I can't remember the name of)?

Square should definitely make the relationship more serious, I mean, Sora is 15 years old, surely, he has to start feeling stuff about now?

7. Saxima [screams geometrically]

LET'S DO THIS.

Let's be frank you guys, Sora's with Riku. We all know how gay the two are for each other, such gayness was displayed in Kingdom Hearts II. LAWLS. I'm such a fangirl.
    But seriously, IMO:
    Sora and Kairi are the most canon pairing, the pairing most-likely to happen.
    Roxas and Namine are Sora and Kairi, so...if those two end up together, then so will the two Nobodies.

I mean...what others could happen...?

8. FazzyGrl21 Moogle Assistant

Last Safe Haven.. Rivendell ;) (haha I wish...)
    Ohh boy, here we go. *cracks knuckles*

Many of you have brought up many concrete theories as to pairings for this game. But I have to agree with those that say Sora is with no one. There is no real final conclusion at the end of KHII as to who Sora has true feelings for. That doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings for someone though. There is just no final say..yet.

As for what I think, I definitely go for the Sora/Kairi idea. For one thing, there are TONS of hints at the budding romance that they could have. While Riku is someone important in our main character's life, I really think he is supposed to be more of a big brother figure for Sora. Because, seriously, Sora's strongest memories (the ones that formed Xion and the ones that Namine messed with) are of Kairi.
    Heck, Riku even says Kairi is someone VERY SPECIAL to Sora! And Sora, when confronting Namine, says "The person most important to me... is not you." And she says "The girl you care about the most... is her." Meaning Kairi.
    So, I think that they're trying to tell us something.. without telling us up front.
    Lastly, do you guys remember the end credits of KHII? I think there was a scene where Sora finds the drawing he and Kairi did when they were little. You know, the one sketched on the rock wall in the hiding place? When he saw Kairi's sketch of her giving him a paopu back.. Yeah, he looked pretty happy to me.
    I dunno, that's just what I've noticed. I'm for Sora/Kairi all the way.

9. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Oh, this too. In the end, I really hope that Sora ends up with no one. But what I do hope for is that he shares a Paopu Fruit with Riku and Kairi. I think that would be the best way to go in terms of this fanbased bunch of pairings...

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

What others could happen...?

Sora is Roxas so Roxiri, though unlikely, is technically a good, canon pairing.
    Kairi is Namine so Namora can also be canon.
    Namixas, though it's technically SoKai in Nobody form, is also a real, canon pairing.
    Maybe we could see a RiKai vs. SoKai type thing eventually (ya never know til Nomura does it...)

Those might work out but still SoKai is the most likely and obvious pairing in the KH universe...

11. Llave Superless Moderator

agreed. However when i saw that seen with KHII sora dancing with small KH1 kairi, the first word that came to mind was; Pedophile... but yeah he likes her and vice versa. he was just joyous with tears when he found out riku was ok, that's all....(insert extremely long awkward pause here)

12. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Pedophile? Yeah because Sora knows what Kairi looks like after 2 years.

Obviously, he's with Kairi. I don't get where people are getting these ideas that Sora is with Riku, Roxas etc.

13. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

That's easy kairi no contest

14. Kayate King's Apprentice

He is obviously in love with Kairi.
    He has a strong friendship with Riku, yes, but that's all it is, a friendship.
    Namine is a Nobody of Kairi, and Namine and Roxas are obviously the correct "relationship", which means that even if Sora was in love with Namine, it'd still be Kairi.
    Derpderpderp

15. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Sora is with Kairi. This is clear. Really really clear.

With Riku? Of course NO. They are friends, Sora looked everywhere to find him because he were worried about him. Friendship IS a strong bond after all.

Naminé? No, she is already of Roxas.

And Roxas? Impossible, just if he loves himself. lol

That's it:

SORA AND KAIRI. :)

16. sora awsome11/10 Traverse Town Homebody

No No NO NO Sora and Namine.Sora did WAAAAAAYYYYYY Much more with Namine then kairi so NAMSO WINS! lol

17. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

lolno. Namine is with Roxas, and besides, Kairi and Namine are basically the same person.

18. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

I know who he is with! Riku!

NAH!!! Kairi all the way.

19. Glen Returned from the dead

Proven in KH2? Nah, Riku gets a whole teary speech given to him about how Kairi looked everywhere for him.

20. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yeah, Sora and Riku are nothing more than best friends; if there's any kind of love between them, it's more of a brotherly love.

As for Kairi, I believe that both her and Sora love each other, which, as others have said, becomes clear in the daydream Sora had at the end of the second visit to Halloween Town.