Who here collects figures? o: [Image heavy!]

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Bareri-San, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Bareri-San 私はポテトだ。

Its a hobby that I started up nearly a year ago and despite how damn expensive it can get oh my god its a lot of fun.
    Plus you get to have pretty colourful figurines to put on display. o:

Here's some of the ones I've taken photos of so far:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I've got more photos over here: x
    And a more extensive list of what figures I have/have preordered here: x

So... yeah, do you collect any? Do you have a favourite that you've bought at all? I'd love to know!

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

ASDFGHJKL <3
    you have great tastes

Sadly, I don't have the cash to collect figures, but I'd love to sometime soon. I've been thinking about getting some KH Play Arts, Nathan Drake (Uncharted) and possibly a Mass Effect figure (preferably Garrus)

3. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I wish I could, but all I have is a tiny Rokudo Mukuro figure in my room, not even sure if it's legit. Also, nice Ao no Exorcist figures.

4. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I wish I could as well. I want to collect the TF2 figures...

5. Lite The Future

If I had the monies for it, I'd probably have quite a few figures. But for now I'll just have to stick with my Gurren Lagann figure that's covered in sharp-as-hell drills. So much blood was shed when I first got it. ;-;

6. Bareri-San 私はポテトだ。

kalfjasdf thank you! ;u;
    I'll say this now; its not a cheap hobby. To give you an idea on how much I've spent on figures so far, I will have reached the $1500 mark in December but that was before I preordered four more figures haha. I have a friend that's been collecting them for the last 3-4 years and I think she said she's spent like... $8000 on them so far and she's showing no sign of stopping either.

Speaking of Garrus, I have a Play Arts Kai figure of him!
    [​IMG]
    Sadly he is sitting down in my glass cabinet because I can't find a stand for him at this point in time. u__u

If you head over to this website and type in his character name you might be able to find out if its a bootleg figure or not. They usually keep an eye out for things like that. o:

Also fun fact about the Rin and Yukio figures: They have spare parts so you can have Rin without his flames and tail and I think for Yukio you could have him with his guns at his sides. He came with spare glasses too. xD

Ooooh I've seen those TF2 figures and they look AMAZING. The Gaming Heads one that is. But they're so expensive. I really want the red Sniper one but its like $250 or something. ;___;

Well if you ever do take the hobby up don't hesitate to send me a message with any questions on where to buy them. I usually go to AmiAmi but there's several other websites out there too (same applies to everyone else who's interested~). I'm pretty sure the first figure I bought myself was an anniversary one of Yoko. She's one of the biggest figures I have (followed by my Leon S Kennedy one :3).

Oh yeah, I found a photo of my glass cabinet for my figures:
    [​IMG]

7. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

i will stick to my gaming hobbies

do u have a job? if so where n how much they paying?

8. Bareri-San 私はポテトだ。

Yeah I have a job at a craft store (its an aussie business so I don't think you'd know the name if I told you). Its got decent pay but they've been screwing me around for shifts for a while now so I'm looking for a new job. I also have a second "off the record" job cleaning my mum's boss' house (that's $100 cash in hand for 3 hours of cleaning). I also have a savings plan in place so I always have money to fall back on if I don't get shifts for weeks at a time.
    Mind you I only say it can be expensive because if you're like me, you preorder a few figures every month and it can get up to $100 not including shipping very easily. I know my September preorder on AmiAmi is about $230 at the moment. Thankfully since its a monthly thing, I get plenty of time to get the money together to pay for my orders when the time comes.

9. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

I do have the entire Final Fantasy Mini-figurines that they used to sell on the Squeenix store. I don't think I'll have any pictures though, but I'll be sure to post them... eventually.

But really nice collectibles! It's a shame I stopped buying them a few years ago, but hey, I hope to start up again.

10. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

At the moment I have around 30 figures and nendoroids, starting to slow down on how often/many I order now though. Think the next thing I have coming is my iBRS but that got delayed until August.

11. Lite The Future

I'll be sure to keep you in mind if I'm ever able to start buying some more. Thanks. c:

Nice collection you have there. Is that Crimson Viper from Street Fighter IV near the bottom?

12. Stardust Chaser

I have a few cheap Nendroid-y Higurashi figures, but that's about it ;~; Could never bring myself to fork over the money required for collecting figures lol. Cool collection!

13. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I'm not really sure how many I have in totally, but I have about 20 standing about my room, and several more in boxes, mostly FF and KH (Cause there's no more room in this inn...yet I keep buying...). The last figure I bought was the Hakase Nendoroid (Which happens to be my first nendoroid <3). And I think the next one I have coming is the Maou nendoroid. Though, I've been fighting the urge to get the Akari nendoroid.

I'm uber jealous of your glass stand. Its something I really want to look into but there's literally no space in my room for it.

14. 61 No. B

kinda sorta maybe not really. I'm somewhat retired but still active

I used to collect Gundam models (not figures, I know, but still kinda) and that was like my whole thing. I quit that hobby because the fandom is just that bad. I recently (like, this past week) took the hobby up again, but Instead of diving into the hobby headfirst I'm just going to buy the few that I want and then retire officially. For those heavily involved in the hobby you can attest to how it pretty much consumes your life, which is something that I am not looking for this time around.

I got this in the mail today, I'm pretty excited. I would be more excited if Amazon hadn't stuck this huge sticker on the front. With the help of some rubbing alcohol I fixed it for the most part, but it's not perfect, and there are some other dents and creases on the box. I'm kinda mad about it, but whatever, not mad enough to pay $50 again.

so excited, Buster was the first Gundam that I went crazy for, and Seed was my first/is my favorite series.
    Photo Jun 13, 4 10 26 PM.jpg

15. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

While I don't collect figures I own Four Kingdom Hearts Figures from my Dad (Sora, Micky, Donald, and Goofy. I also have many many many Disney figures that are both my mom's and mine.

16. Bareri-San 私はポテトだ。

Aaah I just looked them up (good ol' google haha) and they look super cute! QAQ
    I'd love to get the Vivi and Zidane ones omg;;

Oooh neat! I've seen that BRS figure around and I gotta say, it looks bloody amazing (then again I love almost anything purple so that probably has something to do with it lol). I've only got my three nendoroids at the moment but I'd love to get more, I'm starting to grow fond of them. ;u;

Why yes that is C. Viper. c:<

Oooh are they like these ones?
    [​IMG]
    Yeah I have like... 24-27 (haven't counted for a while) and I have another 17 on order spread over June to December. I might get a few more in between because I too want to get the Akari nendoroid. u__u
    I also want to get the Alter figure of Milla from Tales of Xillia but that will have to wait for now. As much as I love nendoroids I've only got one other one on order and thats for Kobato Hasegawa haha.

Aww bugger about the space. D:
    Well if you do end up getting one I got mine from Ikea for $120. But that's because I have a membership card there so I got money off of it (they're usually $150 but the black ones were discounted). Speaking of glass cabinets... I'm going to need to buy another one in a few months. orz

I've never been a big fan of the Gundam series but that model looks pretty cool bro.

It hasn't even been a year and I can already attest to how time (and money) consuming this hobby is jfc
    I try and balance it out with my other hobbies (buying video games and manga) but uuuugh there's so many out there that I want. ;-;

Neat! o:

17. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I'm slowly amassing a nice collection of my own. Over the past few years, I've made it my goal to buy at least one figure per con that I go to. So far, I have a KH Sora and a black-label Mickey Play Arts figure as well as a Disco Ninja Frog figure from Persona 4.

18. Amaury Legendary Hero

This is image heavy?

19. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

For most people, yes.

20. Jube Formerly Chuck's

Most of them are Sabers