Kingdom Hearts III Who do you think will die in KH3?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Cutsceneaddict, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Irony Moogle Assistant

You're forgetting that it's Nomura, lol. Though don't get me wrong, you are probably right. I feel like making the argument because it crossed my mind awhile ago.

As unlikely as it is to happen, I would think that if someone were to die off, it would be Sora. That he'd have the best chance out of all of them. We've already seen that KH's been starting to take some steps toward trying to get a bit darker with every inch. IF they were to kill off a character, I'd say that they go with Sora. With ALL the times that he's already come back, with EVERYONE'S hopes being on this guys shoulders to the point where they had to make a bloody ending with everyone saying his name, think about it. We've had a series going for almost a decade now which Nomura is claiming to only be the opening of an entire series.

An ENTIRE series. This was the start of it.

What better way might there be to take this one, happy-go-lucky character, the hopeful one who's come back from darkness, reawakened from his amnesia, just with ALL the stuff that he's been able to come back from. What better way would there be to BEGIN a series then to revive 6 other characters, make them proper good guys, and then the one guy that they all revolve around ends up getting taken out. Sora would be remembered throughout the whole thing, and we'd have 6 characters with some sort of a backstory that they have to deal with and try and work through in the next series after probably splitting up, becoming more serious as characters, etc.

My point is this, since I forgot the rest. If we have a ton of stuff coming up after the Xehanort Chronicles, then he has to have something that's going to make these characters interesting still. They've all already reached states of salvation, and yeah, we've got **** that we still godda learn about some of them, but not doing something to traumatize them and make them continue to be interesting would be suicidal.

Or, it could end up being that Sora ends up being destroyed, but ends up in the realm of dreams. Given the Dream Eater ending, I wouldn't be surprised if he gains some kind of stronger ties with those things.

I'm just throwing out good reasons for him to kill off Sora though really. He probably won't, but if someone had to die, he'd definitely be the best decision. The rest, with how long we've had to wait, just wouldn't have any impact on the viewing audience. And let's face facts. No one would ever see it coming to Sora. It's the perfect set up for a long term domino effect. And you can always keep him as the "main character" through his legacy, or some excuse like that. Maybe make Roxas take his place (no one start **** with me over that one. Let's face facts, there's far too much that's possible in the KH world to exclude that possibility).

Either way, that's my thoughts on it. The rest, I just can't see anyone feeling anything over their disappearance.

2. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

If Sora died it would be like a messiah, a boy that was born to save all others from, pain take all the pain and end it with his life.. it would be a suiting ending for Sora, but is highly unlikely, even the characters that "did died" in KH2 came back as their original forms, even Sora "died" at KH 1, (and goofy ç.ç!!!), but not for long..

I guess if anyone will die is Xehanort, he has to die just for him not to come back again, Eraqus that is only alive at Terra's Heart could also die after saving Terra. some side characters like Lea or Terra could die to save their friends, but it would be rather cruel that they received this new life only to lose it again.

So I don't belive there will be deaths, it will not be like the Last Harry Potter when JK decided to "Kill everybody she didn't kill along the series"... IF there is Death in KH I guess it will be only one , and only to get rid of Xehanort for ever.

3. 61 No. B

No, I'm not forgetting Nomura. Aside from the details KH is somewhat predictable. I remember people more or less knew the story to BBS before it was even released.

tl;dr not reading all of that. I did glance through it though, and one thing I saw was that this is the start of the series and there is more to come. Like I said, Nomura has said that Sora is the main character of the entire series, implying that he will be the main character in future titles, meaning he won't die.

Just going off of recent games, if someone were to die it would be someone with little significance and then Nomura would expect me to care without doing anything to earn my emotions (a la BBS.)

Sora is pretty much the glue holding this haphazardly told story together, and the one holding all of the characters together. If he were to die the entire series would be in shambles because Sora pretty much is the story right now.

I'm not going to lie though, I may be being biased right now. Sora is my favorite character so ofc I don't want him to die.

but yeah, if you want more details on why I don't see him dying or anybody else, you can read my previous posts.

4. A Zebra Chaser

Light tone? The first game has Sora commit suicide. More characters than I can name off the top of my head have been faced with fates worse than death.
    And Nomura isn't omnipowerful. He's a figurehead. If Square enix decides they can make more money off Final Fantasy XIII-4: Lightning Does Vegas than they can with Kingdom Hearts: Re:Unsynergize- Reverse Revengeance that's how it'll go
    Just because Nomura says something will happen does not make it so.
    Sora obviously wouldn't be cut down and Xehanort wins, or something, but I can easily see a 'sacrifice himself for the good of the universe' ending

5. 61 No. B

You say suicide as if it was an actual suicide and ended his life permanently. Remember a hug from Kairi brought him back, I wouldn't exactly call that dark. I'm not saying that Kingdom Hearts is like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or something, but remember it uses Disney worlds as a backdrop. Sure it has its dark moments, but overall Kingdom Hearts is a very optimistic series, which is not a bad thing.

Well, I should say Nomura plans it to continue after 3, and as I've said too many times now, he has said that Sora will remain the main character after, meaning that he won't die in 3.

I'm not saying that him dying is an impossibility, but it certainly doesn't seem likely to me.
    That sacrifice yourself scenario does not seem very KH at all to me, especially in the series where the power of friendship defies all logic.

6. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Ok.Listen up Sora and all that sh*t are not going to die, i mean come on all the characters we have seen so far have suffered loads already. Wouldn t you think SE would be bit cruel to make them suffer more? One thing they could do is to sort of 'kill of' Kairi for a temporary amount of time in order to boil Sora s anger for the final battle if you get what i mean. Someone i do see kinda dying would be Isa to set a tragic mark for lea during the game but they will bring him back someway or the other,same could happen to riku and thee remaining pieces of xehanort inside him.But i do not see anyone dying definitely,its the third game where everybodies sufferings from the past games has to come to an end. And plus its Disney come on they always leave on a good note.We can even see this by the endings of every kh game where they end on that 'everyghing will be okay' theme(except 358 days which was kind of sad)

7. Light-Rune Maven Seer

I would like to point out on the subject of how the series is becoming darker, that I think sora will probably be a somewhat moodier character in KH3. I hope Xehanort is the one who dies.

8. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Death? HAHAHA!! Death is impossible in the KH saga!

9. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Yeah we knew the plot of BBS and 358/2. But that is only because they were prequel, so there were so many clues that they couldn't espace much from it... Just see 358/2 for them to have some news whatsoever they had to FABRICATE a character only to dispose of it, and all clues about it (calling it, because xion is assexual). And we all know how that go well..

I don't think Sora will die though, or Mickey (I think they can't kill any disney characters), but Sora has the resolve to kill himself for the good of others, just like he did at KH 1, He might as well had died if wasn't lucky , so it isn't off the table, but there are so many characters right now that killing the character that will continue the series is kind of nonsense.. but if done right they can pull it of.

10. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

am i the only one here who doesnt get it? lol

11. Misty gimme kiss

I invite you to read pretty much any literary piece--they're rife with suffering and death, often unfairly, because it not only reflects our world, it's human interest to read about those things. A character's death racking us, its a sign of good storytelling--we were attached to that character, what they stood for, how they functioned within the story, and we are emotionally affected by their death. But deaths in stories have purposes--to complete a character's development, to fuel another character's actions (for example, Kairi dying would certainly anger Sora and Riku), etc.

12. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Thats why i said isa would probably be the one to die and that no people from the 'good' side would.isa is kind of in the bad side and his death would have an impact on us and how we feel towards axel with his various loss of friends. If there were ever someone to die it would either be Terra or Riku,but i am pretty sure Dysney would not allow that to be permanent and would give some sort of hint to the player that they are not totally gone like they always do(Bbs ending?).

13. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Just because they are the good guys does not entitle them to not dying. Personally, I would love it if Sora made a great sacrifice or something, resulting in him dying (even if it's just temporarily).

14. 61 No. B

Isa's death would have little to no effect on anything, and it would be a cheap way to try and invoke emotion, that is if he were the only one to die.
    We don't know enough about Isa or Saix for his death to hold any weight, we don't know enough about his relationship with Axel and Lea for us to care or understand why Lea would be hurt. (Of course I'm talking about the people who actually care or know anything about story-telling here, not the raging fan-boys and girls who think their favorite character's death would be the biggest, saddest thing to happen in KH ever.)

Also, I'm not sure how much say Disney has here, but I doubt it's enough to dictate what happens, especially with characters they don't own.

15. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Yeah basically what i am trying to say is that I personally don t think any of protags will die. If theu DO it would only be temporary i don t think SE would make it definite. If they do somehow i woulf be impressed because yhe way they have ended the past KH games by giving that little sign of hope i doubt they would make it a sad/happy ending especially the fact that it is the last Kh game of the Xehanort saga they know they are going to loose quite alot of their fans they may aswell end it well to set a mark for a game that has been in 10+years in the developpement

16. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Dying... in Kingdom Hearts...
    [​IMG]

"It's not Possible!!!!!!" -Heavy

Still kinda fun to think about though. If anyone were to die, I'd probrably say Riku or Terra.

17. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

Ever since I got into Kingdom Hearts, I'd had this gut feeling that Riku was going to die at the end. He's just that type--courageous, self-sacrificing, and seeking a path of redemption. As he's my favorite character, I'd hate to see him go, but in a way, I think it would be satisfying, as you said. *Not to mention it'd probably get him even MORE fans* :) It would lend a lot of weight to Riku as a character, and KH3 as the conclusion of the series.

In all honesty though, I can't see Square killing off Riku (if they kill off anybody to begin with). At the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, Riku nearly does die in order to protect Sora from Xemnas (taking a severe injury to the leg). To me, that seemed to be Square's way of fulfilling my exceptations without ridding the series of one of its most popular characters. Riku has continually sacrificed himself throughout the series, which on one hand makes an "ultimate sacrifice" on his part very believable, but on the other hand would perhaps seem too redundant to be do-able. Up until KH2 and Dream Drop Distance, I was convinced that Riku was going to kick the bucket in some sacrificial way. Now that focus has shifted primarily to Sora for me.

Nowaki makes some pretty intresting observations here.

I realize that Sora has, in a sense, already died in KH1, but that was a long time ago, considering the whole of the series. I think the time is about ripe for him to make another big sacrifice instead of letting Riku pull all the sacrificial weight. I can easily see Sora "dying" at the end of KH3, prompting Riku to pull the others through to an uncertain victory, only to have Sora ressurected at the last second and save the day. I know it sounds cliche, but Square has a way of making those cliches work in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Yen Sid seems to be a popular choice for the death candidate of KH3. I have a hard time believing that Disney will kill off a Disney character who does not otherwise die in the Disney films. All the same, Yen Sid is a famed Keyblade Master (who we have yet to see actually weild a Keyblade). Perhaps a grand climax between Yen Sid and Xehanort is in order?

I've heard a similar theory with Terra and Eraqus. As Eraqus is now essentially a part of Terra, it would be absolute poetic justice to have a showdown between Terraqus and Xehanort. Pretty epic if you ask me.

Kingdom Hearts games don't always end happily, but there's usually a "feel good" feeling there all the same. Consider Birth by Sleep and 358/2 Days. Both had pretty sad endings, but they are handled in a way that promises hope will follow. Kingdom Hearts 2, on the other hand, ends very positively.

I don't think that KH3 needs to end all happy-and-cheery so long as it ends with a promise of hope in store.

Even if Sora is the main character of the next KH saga, it's still possible that he could die... and be brought back to life before the end of the game.

But, as you said, this IS Kingdom Hearts and Disney isn't likely to let many good-guys die before its all over. The closest we've come to that in the past is Axel in KH2 and Eraqus in Birth By Sleep. Even then though, there's some kind of assurance that the characters aren't entirely gone.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I really like reading all of your theories. Keep them coming. I know that this is very likely just a "theorizing thread" and that perhaps nobody will die in KH3, but, like others have said, it's fun to think about and discuss.

And who knows, some of you might be right O.o