Kingdom Hearts III Who do you think will die in KH3?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Cutsceneaddict, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

Alright, I know what you're thinking: death in the KH universe is kind of impossible because of all the connections between characters and ability to bring characters back. All the same, with KH3 looming around the corner, so is the end of an epic saga 10 years in the making. I can't help but think that someone is going to kick the bucket in order to make that ending big and memorable.

I originally saw this topic on another website forum and thought it would be interesting to discuss here. Here's my thoughts on the matter:

***BEWARE OF DREAM DROP DISTANCE/BIRTH BY SLEEP/ETC. SPOILERS****

Terra seems extremely likely. If he is one of the 13 Xehanort's, I'd say those odds go up considerably. I can picture him making the ultimate sacrifice to destroy Xehanort and save the world (or alternatively request to be destroyed in the process).

Isa is definately likely, as Lea seems set on redeeming him. I can see Isa ending up as the tragic, unredeemed character-type who dies in the end. Or perhaps changes his tune at the last minute and dies saving Lea (etc.etc.etc). Xigbar also falls in this category to an extent, though I can see him going down as a bad guy and proud of it.

I think that Sora may very well die. Not permanently, of course, but it seems that a lot of series climax with the main character dying and then being brought back to life. I can see the same being held true for Riku, but because Riku has already made so many sacrifices in the past, it seems to me that Sora is the more likely candidate.

If they aren't a villain of some kind, I have a hard time believing that any of the KH characters would "die" permanently, though. I've got to admit, it would raise the maturity bar for the series quite a bit. As KH3 will be the conclusion of a story 10-years in the making, a permanent death may be just what the series needs for a big climax.

So what are your thoughts everyone? This could get very insightful and interesting!

2. A Zebra Chaser

>Dying
    >Kingdom Hearts

3. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

I don't think there will be any permanent death. Disney's involved so it wouldn't happen but there could be some temporary ones. If anyone dies it'll probably be the Xehanorts though.

4. A Zebra Chaser

>Disney
    >No permanent death

5. DuelRoxas16 Destiny Islands Resident

i feel like there will be characters in new disney worlds that will die, most likly the villans but theres a gut feeling that aqua dies

6. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Of course, I'm expecting Xehanort (and his 12 other forms) to be killed off once and for all.

I don't know why, but I have a strong feeling Riku will die.

7. 61 No. B

I doubt anybody will die, good guys that is. KH isn't really a story that requires death to propel it into any sort of climax. Axel's death in 2 was an anomaly, and it's effects were almost none because Lea was revived. Sure, a death would add some dramatic spin to the last installment in the Xehanort Saga, but the whole point of 3 is to resolve all of the conflicts, and since KH is such a light-hearted series, I'm not sure that the way to end the Xehanort Saga would to have death.
    If anybody were to die it would probably be either Terra or Mickey. I just can't see anybody else dying at this point.

8. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Spoiler: Aerith dies in KH3

It actually makes sense to me. It's about time she died again. And again. And again.

9. CloudStrife2k9 Twilight Town Denizen

I doubt anybody, especially the good guys will die. If anything, it would be Xehanort, Xenmas and Ansem.
    That's about it.

Riku? lolwut. He's a main character. He's just about as important as Sora is. They can't kill him off.

10. Misty gimme kiss

hatok is right that a (real, permanent) death in Kingdom Hearts is... highly unlikely. Still, fun to think about.

Personally I have felt for some time that Riku's death would be a fitting end. Now Riku is one of my favorites but I think he is, first of all, a very self-sacrificing character--Sora is too, of course, as are many others. Focusing on Riku though, in the original Kingdom Hearts he did give into the darkness as a curiosity, but I believe he stayed in league with Maleficent & co. only to find a way to help Kairi. Of course, that did not entirely work out--stand too close to fire and you will be burnt, after all. But, he later tosses himself in front of Ansem SoD to allow Kairi, Donald, and Goofy to escape, closes himself behind the door to Kingdom Hearts, etc.

I also think it would be a kind of full circle transformation for him. He falls to darkness and dies to preserve the light--it's a good story, I think. Not only that, but I think it could be made into an interesting twist, almost a parallel to the original Kingdom Hearts: just as Kairi's heart was within Sora's, and he had to (metaphorically) "kill" himself to free it, Riku may have to "kill" himself to free any piece of Xehanort left inside of him. He did, after all, deny Naminé's offer to seal it away at the end of Chain of Memories. It is still within him, and while he has learned to cope with it, they cannot fully destroy Xehanort without destroying it too.

ahhh idk I don't want anyone to die but Riku's death would, imo, just be so satisfying.

11. A Zebra Chaser

Just one thing with that. It's implied DiZ's device removed Ansem from Riku... possibly.
    Honestly, that ending would be great if KH had satyed on the course KH1 had set... but a it stands, it's more likely that Riku has to time travel back to release his heart in Xehanort's time period, only it was part of Xehanort's plan who possesses Riku, who then splits into thirteen rikus which each go to thirteen alternate timelines except that was part of Terra and Eraqus' plan and they use it to seal away Xehanort once and for all except that was part of Xehanort's plan who finally summons the true Kingdom Hearts, only it turns out that wasn't the true kingdom hearts, but rather a fake that another Xehanort tricked the current Xehanort into finding, which allows this new Xehanort to abosrb all the power of the Xehanorts but little did he know he also absorbed Riku, who gives Sora and opening to defeat these Xehanorts
    And then in the next game it turns out that was all part of Xehanort's plan

12. Shera Wizard Merlin's Housekeeper

Death?

Disney pls. Unless it's a kidnapping, someone goes to save them, then gets taken into darkness which is assumed a form of death or unless they 'fade' like Xion I'm going for...Yen Sid ._.

13. Nowaki Destiny Islands Resident

Maybe Sora will die.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think that he will die for real, but maybe just 'fade away'.
    Remember this part of one poem:
    All worlds share the same sky.
    One sky, one destiny.

I don't think SE chose those lines by accident.
    So if some of you may know, sora is the japanese word for 'sky' . And the meaning for world could be 'story'. If we replace the words like this; you'll see pretty clear how I got to this conclusion about Sora dying:
    All stories share the same Sora.
    One Sora. One destiny.

I know this sounds pretty weird but if you think about it it's pretty logicaly I think.
    Ever Story/Game has someone Sora-related in it. (Roxas, Xion, Ventus, Vanitas)
    And they all share the same fate.
    They all die (Xion) or disapear(Vanitas) or fade away (Roxas, Ven).
    So if Sora shares the same destiny as all his related ones, it means that he will fade away or die as well.
    What do you mean about that?
    I was wondering about this a while ago.. but I don't know if this topic really deserves an own thread :D

14. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

I think maybe Yen Cid will die. I mean think about it, hes training Micky,Riku,Sora,Lea,Kairi. Im thinking maybe young xeranort or maybe Terranort will "kill" him. or devise a plan to. Or Maybe Yen Cid will sacrifice himself for something/somebody. I doubt Sora will die, hes been trapped in darkness when he was a shadow in KH, hes been asleep in CoM/KH2. they cant let him die either, I think hes already been the closest he will b to dying when he was "sleeping/dreaming" in DDD, and taken under xeranorts control. However, I do believe maybe Terra or maybe even Aqua will die. Theres lots of people that could and it would make sense, but were talking KH here... a curveball will b thrown and itll take just a lucky guess to know exactly what it is.

15. A Zebra Chaser

Let me ask you this
    Have you ever spelled Yen Sid backwards?

16. Hiro ✩ Guardian

By a lot of people's logic, it still wouldn't make sense because they say "Yen Cid" instead of "Yen Sid"

17. 61 No. B

When asked if Sora would continue to be the main character after the Xehanort saga, Nomura replied stating that Sora was the main character of Kingdom Hearts, meaning yes. This pretty much confirms that Sora will not die (not that there was any suspicion to begin with.)

KH_II_Cid_1.jpg

18. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

I can't say for certain that any of the good characters will be killed off in the end.
    Permanently at least.
    I can see them "killing off" someone at the end of the Xehanort saga and bringing them back in the next saga.
    So, making us believe that that character is lost but surprising us with a big return. (Like they did Goofy in KH2)

Or even possibly a near death kind of thing.

19. A Zebra Chaser

unless that's how they end the franchise[DOUBLEPOST=1364505250][/DOUBLEPOST]
    unless that's how they end the franchise

20. 61 No. B

First of all, KH has such a light tone that I doubt that the main protagonist of all people would die. I really don't see that happening, and nothing would surprise me more than, for one Sora to die at all, but even more for them to end KH on such a dark note. Second, this thread is about KH3, and since we already know KH will continue after 3 and that Sora is the main character, he won't die in KH3.