Who do you think did the worst voice acting??

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by stevik7, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esakrreh Destiny Islands Resident

Yes, unfortunately, voice overs CAN be worse than Haely Joel Osment in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. And when that's a sure and undeniable fact, it's a sad day for the human race.

2. namine_of_kh2 Twilight Town Denizen

JESSE McCARTNEY WAS THE WORST!!!!!

I hate his guts and he played Roxas and didn't sound good!!!

3. Arica_Leonhart Moogle Assistant

My opinion...

Though I LOVE Rikus voice.. I think it could be a TON better. While David Gallagher got way better in KHII the fake laugh at Soras funny face bothered me. Then there are times when I found myself caught up in the dialog because of vocal tonations alone. Course then again, Riku is the only character I've ever known Gallagher to have a part for that wasn't a whiny word I cant mention.

Squall (Leon) in KH disappointed me greatly, as did Sephiroth, because of their Final Fantasy selves, you expect a lot. Squall is my FAVORITE Final Fantasy character! Still in KHII Squalls vocal dynamics was still lacking. Where as KHII Sephiroth wasn’t at all that bad, I think the guy did a GREAT job... in Advent Children... for that much the AC crew didn’t do that bad. I just hate their story in KH.

Aerith bothers me, A LOT. I liked Mandy Moore better simply because she wasn't so flat. (I'm a musician, I like articulation.) The new chick sounds like she's talking through her nose, which is VERY annoying.

I think Roxas was very lucky got a great voice actor the first time around, Jessie put a lot of emotion and tonation in his voice. Even if you're not watching the screen you still know what's going on. I was in high school when Dream Street was big, around the time of BSB n'suck and Hanson, I have new respect for Jessie.

Riku/Ansem did too. Like when he says "She's a wonder" when speaking about Namine' I began to doubt. MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better then KH Ansem, I loathe Billy Zane... didn't like him in Charmed either... and really his voice wasn't very convincing when blended with Gallagher’s for KH.

Hayden did a better job too, not so much "I'm a bratty princess" this time... but it doesn't make me like Kairi any better.

Quinton Flynn did an incredible job! A lot better then Reno, Reno in Advent Children had animation going for him. But then again he didn't do a whole lot in the story.

Susan Blakeslee was wonderful, I'm a fan of Maleficent. She's my fav Disney villain. (When I have to like Disney...) I like the way she voices her.

What I want to know is why, if they have the star power of James Woods and Christopher Lee of all people, why couldn't they get Jerami Irons to come back for Scar? Matthew Broderick? Come on... for that much why couldn't the Port Royal people have voiced their characters? NONE of the POTC crew came in for their voices...

Xigbar was interesting, as was Demyx. But out of the two I think I like Xigbar best... Demyx was like watching John Travolta in Grease.. disturbing.

Namine sounds a LOT like her Japanese voice actor, which I thought was interesting. Especially since she's the ONLY one who does.

I only wish I could find a way to get Haley singing on CD, I watch a little girl who LOVES Sora. (She asks to watch him every single day.) Interestingly enough her name is Ariel, and I thought it would be cute to give her that on CD for her birthday... if I could find it.

Being as a whole that I work with vocally talented people and voice actors, I'm picky but there's my two cents on what came to mind.

But that's juts my opinion... :p

4. Zekushion Traverse Town Homebody

I had a similar reaction. After a while I turned off KH2 and went back to KH1 just to hear Billy Zane because his voice is the very epitome of sex.

I agree. Talking through the nose and flatness of Suvari's voice was almost enough to make my ears bleed. Aerith is one of my absolute favorite girls and Suvari ruined her. Her Aerith had absolutely no emotion in her voice and was so monotone that I wanted to cry.

Other characters whose voices disappoint me:

Xemnas: As funny as the jokes about his voice suggesting that he's constantly having an orgasm are, his voice was horrible. Also, as funny as it is looking back into my childhood fascination with Digimon and finding Xemnas is played by the same guy as Wormmon, it still doesn't work for me. His Japanese voice is worse. Both his English and Japanese voices sound horrible to me.
    Saïx: His actor did a decent enough job but I much prefer his Japanese voice because it is utterly sexy.
    Demyx: Ryan O'Donohue has nothing compared to Kenichi Suzumura. Yes, the utter dorkness is still very obvious, but I'm a whore for Suzumura. It's probably that fact that makes me prefer his Japanese.
    Yuffie: Just something about her voice annoys me to no end.
    Cloud: I hate Cloud's English voice.

5. oX Angel Xo Traverse Town Homebody

uuhh Aerith...

and shes one of my favorite FF characters! :( she sounded like a zombie! well her voice actress mena something whatsername did *not trying to be mean...sorry mena person!* and i didnt like hercules' voice in the first one...not that it was bad.......it just kinda annoyed me!! :p

6. orgXIIIfan King's Apprentice

Forgot to mention that I WANT JOHNNY DEPP to voice Jack Sparrow.In overall,I want the original PotC cast to voice their characters.Pride Lands had dead voices.

7. Mighty-Matt91 Twilight Town Denizen

I hated the VAing at Port Royal, you could obviously tell it wasn't the original cast.

8. Hunted Hunter Twilight Town Denizen

Port Royal just pretty much sucked. Let's just say that.

Sephiroth's voice was good. *things are thrown at me* ONLY because I'm used to his voice being like that! It's the same VA from FF7: Advent Children. I'm kinda glad they didn't change that.

I hated Xemnas's voice with a freaking passion! He talked so SLOWLY and had such LONG speeches! It took him five seconds just to say "Indeed." One word. The tone of the voice was good, but the slow, deliberating kind of thing, like he was making everything up as he was going along, really annoyed me.

9. wussycat Moogle Assistant

Simba: Cam Clarke also voiced Simba in Timon & Pumbaa and The Lion King 1/2, but he did a much better job in those.

Nala: Vanessa Marshall never voiced Nala before. I don't know what they were thinking when they cast her.

Aerith: Absolutely no emotion in Mena Suvari's delivery. It's like she wasn't even trying. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't she do a better job in Advent Children?

10. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

Monestary of the Endless Stair, Labyrinth
    Aeris always has the worst voice. Even in Advent Children, her voice was SO annoying...

But then, I do just plain hate the chick, so I may be biased.

Brittany Snow was kind of annoying, too.

11. Akino King's Apprentice

Aeris, I payed no mind to. Though, when I first heard her... I laughed. No emotion whatsoever. She killed Aeris, I kinda liked her as a character in FF7.

Oh, I had a issue with Tifa's voice. Sure it was okay, but something about it made me back away from the television. Literally.

12. Dawn King's Apprentice

I backed away when she kicked the wall and Sora and co jumped up then it is like "Sorry to bother you." I'm like, you bothered me for life.

Britany Snow is scary as Namine it sounds as though it is more hearing it from a computer, no emotion. Just add a little bit more than I'd be satisfied.

13. Anderson (☞゚∀゚)☞ You've lost the game.

Aerith. Mena Suvari sounded so monotonous. There was no emotion or even volume change in her VAing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.