Chain of Memories Which was better?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Kai_Lyoko, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Kai_Lyoko Merlin's Housekeeper

I need to know, should I get Re:Chain Of Memories, Chain of Memories, or 1.5 Chain of Memories?

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

1.5, because you also get KH1FM and the 358/2 Days movie. Unless you don't have a PS3, in which case, just get Re: on the PS2.

3. Kai_Lyoko Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks
    Thanks! I've always wanted to play COM, but I never knew which one would be better, GBA, PS2, PS3.

4. Krowley Moderator

For what it was on the GBA, the original chain of memories was fun to play, and I think one of the most under rated in the franchise. 2.5 dimensional movement gave a very neat perspective to the limitations of the system while still making the game fun to play. It is the easier, but still equally fun version. If you prefer the PS2 styled scale with more challenges, cutscenes and content, I'd say go for that, but get the 1.5 HD ReMix. Might as well get the first Final Mix game if you're going to get the game.

I found the GBA version more enjoyable because I could play it on the go, and just something about the sprite style made me happy. It plays well on both ports, but I would recommend getting the 1.5 HD version if it's your first time playing, despite it having a better flow and design on the original version. Might as well get the most expansive experience and look back on the GBA version after if you're still interested.

5. A Zebra Chaser

Personally, I think the GBA version is the best. It's built with the cards in mind so each attack has more impact
    The script is better on the GBA as well, in my opinion

6. 61 No. B

GBA is the one that should be played first, or should be played if you can only play one. You get the experience as it was originally intended (like hatok said), and it gives you more appreciation for the 3D of Re: and 1.5.

My go-to version is Re:, but that's only because I have both. If money is tight and you can only get one or you don't have a GBA, go ahead and get 1.5 I guess, though that's the last one I would want to play.

7. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

ReChain because better visuals and controls.

8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

1.5 has those too

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I'd go with either the GBA version or 1.5, and only 1.5 because it has more value as a bundle. The original GBA version plays the best; it's efficient, it has the better visuals, and it's form-fitting. Nothing is done with the 3D upgrade, so getting the PS2 version is effectively overpaying for the same or lesser experience.

10. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

1.5 REMIX version. the PS2 version (Re: Chain of Memories) has some weird blurry effect on cutscenes. 1.5 fixes that and it also has Kingdom Hearts Final mix and the Days Movie. Never played the GBA version though.

11. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I prefer the Re:chain over the gba one... but I put a emulator on my phone and like to play it when I have nothing to do.. but would not trade the full console experience over the GBA.

But if you have a big screen and a Ps3 go for the 1.5 , not only there are more games in the bundle but the Ps2 version doesn't look good in big screens.