Which Portable game do you perfer?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by flowergothic, Jul 12, 2011.

?

Which portable KH game would you perfer?

1. Chain of Memories

6.9%
  2. 358/2 Days

21.8%
  3. Re:Coded

12.6%
  4. I dunno.

2.3%
  5. None of these

56.3%
  1. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

We all remember the Portable game releases for KH. If you haven't (I hope you have though), the 4 portable Kh games are Chain of Memories, 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep, and Re:Coded. So anyway, if you had to choose between one of these games, which one would you want?

PS, If you are gonna go for BBS for the poll, select None of these. Sorry I forgot to add it.

2. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

I prefer Birth By Sleep hands down. It was fresh and new (the attacks and new commands were amazing) The characters were all so diferent but they balanced each other perfectly, and were more complex from any other kh character so it was a nice mix. And let's not forget the story which made it pure gold.

3. Johnny Bravo Chaser

I dont think that I have a favorite, Coded was eh, Chain of Memories was the best, 358/2 days was different but very enjoyable, ad Birth By Sleep was just down-right sick.

4. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

I sorta do too. The battle system is fresh. The new characters are fresh. Mainly, everything in BBS is fresh.

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

There were different things about each game that I preferred.

For BBS, I thought the story was the biggest highlight. The way each characters tales wove together at the end was incredibly well done, and we even got to finally learn how Xehanort came to be. ...Even if that means we have more questions that we did before. >_>

For Re:coded, I lovedlovedloved the gameplay. I know the commands were originally from BBS, but it was just so refreshing to use in this game too. I also really liked how the gameplay battle styles swapped between Normal, a Third Person Shooter and the Mario Bros. style.

Days was simply because of Xion. And her battle music. That was entirely it.
    Oh, also Org. XIII gameplay. But that wasn't exactly as good as I imagined it would be.

6. Saxima [screams geometrically]

As Plumsy said, all the games have something to offer, although some more than others, but I picked Birth By Sleep, it's my favorite by far out of the three of them. The combat system, IMO, was a lot better than the others (I never played CoM, just Re:CoM, though I probably wouldn't have liked it much anyway) and not to mention there was the story and everything, which was good insight to another characters becoming, rather than another character who we knew well having his story told. (358/2 Days)

7. orlando. Traverse Town Homebody

BBS is undoubtedly the best hand held kingdom hearts game. The story line is phenomenal, and the game play is top notch. Not to mention it will keep you entertained much longer than any of the other hand held games. You could easily burn a good 50 hours in BBS as opposed to recom which takes around 12 hours.

8. Arch Mana Knight

Birth by Sleep. New gameplay elements, Terra being badass, new songs, less button mash-y gameplay, a more KH1-like feel, Terra still being badass, a few simple puzzles, ability to play as two less awesome characters(which is still good), and Terra still being badass.

Birth by Sleep felt so fresh. A lot of wrongs were corrected from KH2's over-simplistic gameplay. I haven't played Re: Coded just yet...but I really don't see how it can do any better from what I've seen.

9. Inverser361 Destiny Islands Resident

To me, re coded is better. True, bbs was beast, but I like being able to play as sora.

Also, the newer commands RULE. Judgement triad, sora's version of zantetzuken, AND the Zone of Ruin finish command. Zero-one was the most beastly keyblade I've ever used(targeting scope, lol)

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I will have to say BBS, it's probably my second favourite game of all time. I love the gameplay and it did make me cry which shows how it was so good I connected with it. Plus I love the command style system and some of the mini games do make me laugh.

Out of the others though I'm gongi to say Days, Coded never really enticed me- it's a good game but I haven't been motivated to finish it and the same goes for Coded, it was mostly the graphics of the GBA that annoyed me. Plus I really enjoyed Days, the story itself was quite sad and I enjoyed the multiplayer aspect of it. It was also really interesting to find out the backstory to Roxas.

11. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Birth by Sleep. Oh, wow. BBS is the strongest handheld game if not one of the strongest in the series. The fresh Command Style system was a great push, and it's the game I've connected to the most so far, even more then KHI and 2. The story was beautiful, the new characters sent the story into a good step, and the fact that it can go from such light worlds to one of the darkest in spirit endings I've seen in any KH game. The amount of play there is is the final boost. 3 full stories, each of which with a new hero, is a brilliant move by Square Enix. Nomura did some of his best work on this, and I think BBS is the type of game that needs to be remembered later in the series.

woohoo rant

12. Princess-Sammi Merlin's Housekeeper

Most indefinitely Birth By Sleep. I'm seriously addicted to it! The combat, the story and the characters are very appealing. I'm so attached to BBS that I cried at the ending. I hope to get Birth By Sleep: Final Mix (which I will patch in English using Truthkey's patch) towards the end of this year, purely because I love the thought of more Mirage Arena missions and the other extras.

13. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

BBS, though I'm not too fond anymore of a lot of cutscenes, I enjoyed the overall gameplay of the game. And also the FM is quite fun as well.

14. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I'm not completely sure, actually. Each had their own ups and downs.

Chain of Memories: The card system was unique. The leveling was tedious, but at least it wasn't hard. You could make so many different deck combinations, you really could spend hours on that alone. The only downside was the fact that once you finished Sora and moved on to Riku, you couldn't keep that fun going.

358/2 Days: I loved the panel system. It made me plan out how I wanted to set everything up. The biggest downside was the leveling system they had. It was as if they didn't want you to level up higher than level 20 or something.

Coded: This is one of my favorites so far. The way everything was set up, you could easily fix any mistakes. Biggest downfall? The inability to undo all chip combinations and redo it from scratch. I really wish they had allowed such an option.

Birth By Sleep: All of the commands and styles you could use. The fact you could control three different characters. The fact the characters each had a different line but still intertwined in some way. There really aren't enough words for this.

15. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Birth By Sleep had the best graphics, gameplay, replay factor, and story out of any handheld release BY FAR!

The others weren't bad, but they all could've been better.

16. Llave Superless Moderator

I love Days, it's just that it was hard to level up and the graphics were good for a DS, but i wish it would've been on the PSP. I love the storyline, it defiantly makes KHII more understandable from Roxas and Axel's point of view.

17. Kayate King's Apprentice

Birth by Sleep, definitely. Never played Chain of Memories myself, but I've played Re: Chain of Memories...

365/2 Days was an amazing one, it offered quite a bit of backstory to Roxas, which I've always kinda wanted, but this gem wasn't too good for me in terms of commands and gameplay.

Re: Coded was pretty good as well, the gameplay and Command style was similar to BBS, which I enjoyed, and it revealed a bit about Sora himself, along with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus, even that strange message in the journal.

And then Birth by Sleep. The utter amazingness of this game is just...
    Amazing. The gameplay, characters, cutscen- I loved the opening sequence, I just loved it, my favorite part is where Terra and Ventus are running down halls, both being chased by darkness or light.
    This game is just plain amazing.

18. Amaury Legendary Hero

I voted for Chain of Memories, mostly because it's the only that I had out of the choices in the poll.
    However, for portable games in general, I prefer Phantasy Star Portable and Phantasy Star Portable 2.

19. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

my favorite portable game is birth by sleep

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Birth By Sleep

I haven't played it, but I've played Chain of Memories and Days, and I know they don't add up to it, and don't even ask me how Re:coded measures up, because I can tell without playing it's not even close