Where would you live if you could live anywhere?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Shift, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Shift Chaser

Ignoring places outside Earth's orbit obviously, where would you live?

I live in Brazil, it's really good in here, living in the middle of nowhere specially, nothing bad ever happens.

But despise that and the people i know, there's nothing i really like in here.
    A lot of stuff, specially games, isn't affordable because there are no fabrics anywhere around, and the import taxes are just ugh.
    The school and the like also seem to not be quite as good as the ones outside, we get less free days than a lot of other countries but what learn seems to be the same and at the same pace.

I really always wanted to live around either Australia or New Zealand, for some reason.
    Likely all the photos I've seen. And it doesn't seem to have disasters that much around there, as i hardly hear anything.
    Also, out of curiosity, for anyone who lives in there, how is it?

2. Yozora Archer

Hmmmm.... Im not quite sure on where I would want to live, since there are many places that I have never been to. I would probably say UK. It seems to be different from the US (cencorship and stuff?).

I'd say the UK. Somewhere nice and quiet. Eh

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

If I'm to be honest, right where I am at this second: Lichfield (near Birmingham) in England. This is because it's a small city and it's a mix between the hectic city and the countryside. It has lovely parks and a lot of greenery, it has a vast array of shops and restaurants so you don't have to travel far in order to have a good night out. It also has lovely people and is quite clean. I suppose I love all the people who live here and how town in 10 minute walk and the large city of Birmingham is a 40 minute train ride which means me and my friends tend to go on shopping trips a lot.

I would also love to live in Japan though (and speak the language) because some of my favourite material things in this world originate from Japan and I absolutely love the culture.

However, I think England is the only place for me. Mostly because I hate heat, it makes me anxious- I mean it's nice to go on a holiday somewhere hot but then I just tend to sit under air conditioning while reading. I am also quite posh, so I feel like I belong here xD

4. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

On the sun. Maybe I'd finally be able to get a freaking tan T_T

*coughs*

Eh, I think I ultimately wanna move either to LA or Vancouver (or travel between them). Yeah, I'm one of those idiots who wants to be an actor.
    Chicago's working fine atm, though.

5. Saxima [screams geometrically]

If I could live anywhere...? If you would have asked me this two years ago, I would have said Okinawa, Japan in a heart beat. I hear the island has awesome beaches.

But now that I really think about it, I'd love to live somewhere in the countryside of Italy. I've seen the countryside in France, my grandparents own a cottage out there, and it's kinda awesome. So if they're green, then what about Italy? Then again, I'd probably live anywhere in that country...

6. Daxa~ #stalker

Well Id love to at least see America and Japan before I die...
    But Id love to live in Copenhagen,Denmark.
    Lol,I know it sounds pretty random,but I was there around 2 months ago,and I just loved it.
    The whole citys so well set out,everyones really friendly,and people seem to walk/cycle everywhere.
    I love Denmark <3

Though honestly,theres nothing wrong with where I live now(and have done all my life).
    Because Ireland is a very pretty country(so much green :O) and I know my way around,and all of my fellow Irish people are very friendly and just basically nice.
    So....I guess I would like to live in Copenhagen until I was,say...about 40/50?
    Then return to Ireland,and live out the rest of my life here.

7. Xiangill Moogle Assistant

I like where I am. Dublin, Ireland. But, not the area I'm in, a lot of crime...not to turn people off Ireland. There's people that are bad and then there's nice people like anywhere else. I love Irish Culture!

8. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Living in Miami, Florida at the moment, but in a little over a year or so I may be moving to somewhere in Europe. Father's job warrants it. Not thoroughly certain that I shall be moving, but if we do the most likely places for us to move to would be either Varese, Italy, or Prague, Czech Republic. Italy as a whole seems preferable to Czech Republic with its bleak weather and whatnot, though Prague does indeed look beautiful, no denying it. Assuming that I do move, it will be the beginning of highschool for me.

If you move to Italy sometime in the near future, Melanie, we could meet up! Ohhhh, be very, very afraid...

Don't know if Varese is anywhere near the countryside, however; will look that up soon.

9. The Fuk? Dead

I'd like to say a place far away, but everywhere I live, I always find myself not liking it. I also don't want to learn a new culture, when I'm already very at home here in good old Boston. I've always had a fancination with Venice, Italy. I'd like to maybe take a vacation there. I've also wanted to visit Iceland, it seems like they really have their act together.

10. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Back home, xD. No, America is nice I guess. :/
    Um, Portland. I am a nerdy indie musician who loves coffee. Portland FTW.
    Actually I do miss the UK, so, location decided.

11. AwkwardFailure Traverse Town Homebody

From New York City to a nice quiet place in the UK, or maybe Australia.

12. Daydreamer

Norway sounds like a dreamworld. A great relief from the State's politics and economy with things like free higher education, no death penalty, and universal healthcare. I currently live in Los Angeles, California.

13. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

I would want to move to Italy. I'm hoping to learn Italian in college, and I'm just amazed by Italian culture and history. Guess it runs in the family, considering the first known members of my family came from Italy.

Plus, Italian food=<3

14. Maggy Gummi Ship Junkie

I would love to live somewhere in Europe, like Italy, France, Spain, maybe Scotland or Ireland just because the scenery is so stunning. I'd also love to live in Japan or in the Philippines, maybe. OH AND AUSTRALIA.

15. VenVen Merlin's Housekeeper

Probably Japan or Singapore.
    Those two are the most nicest places I've ever seen on photos!
    Though I think wouldn't leave the Philippines either (where I live) . :3

16. SparksOfLogic Merlin's Housekeeper

I'd live in Akihabara. Electric Town. Raves, robotics, and food.

17. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Currently living in Brazil and while I don't really have a problem with the city I'm currently living in, it's pretty uneventful in my opinion and I'd very much like to go to other places and expand my horizons. Which is why I dropped out of my current college and am studying to get into better college in a bigger city. Unfortunately I can't start big and go directly to London, Venice or Tokyo but we all have to start small. Just having a new enviroment would be great in my opinion.

18. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Hmm, I don't travel much and the places that I've been don't often strike me as places I would want to live. Or at least not for an extended period of time, maybe a vacation home or the like. But I'm rather liking being in a suburb of Chicago.

If I had to move I think I would go to Minnesota. I've got an aunt that lives on a lake near the twin cities. It is a lot like how Ienzo was describing Lichfield. Absolutely beutiful scenary, the downtown suburb has some very nice shops, and the cities are pretty close when you want to go that route.

Though at the same time I love cities and feel like I would be happier living in a city rather than near one (albeit cost of living sucks).

There are several places I want to visit in my life, but few that I would think to move to

19. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, right now i'm in Miami. Contrary to what many people believe, it's not just about the beaches.
    Hell, I haven't been to a beach in years!

I think i'd have to pick New York City. I've only ever lived in a one story place, i've never seen snow in real life and although i'd also love to live in Japan, I don't speak Japanese.