What's the last book you read?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Amber, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I've just started reading The Hunger Games. Bought it at Walmart cause it was pretty cheap and I wanted to see what all the hype was so long ago.

2. Cherry Berry Chaser

I wanted to read a bit of Yan Martel's "Life of Pi" as I've heard its a pretty darn good read...

Unfortunately, ended up getting 50 shades of grey for Christmas. I decided to ganter around the pages, reading bits and bobs. I am facepalming repeatedly to myself at the moment. Why did I allow myself to read this garb?

3. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss.

4. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

The Three Sisters by Anton Chekhov. And whaddya know, four Acts of people standing around and talking...

This is mainly being read for a play that I am assistant directing called Anton in Show Business. It's a pretty funny play, especially if you are into the theater arts or something.

I'm also going to get my hands on Legend of the Wandering King by Laura Gallego Garcia. It's a book I read in Middle School and had recently just remembered about it. It's also a great read~

5. InkDeath, By Coranella Funke. Great read, BTW. Only thing I do better than annoy is pick out good children's fantasy books.

6. sora_keyblade master Moogle Assistant

The last book I read was The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan. It is the third book in the Heros of Olympus series. I found it rather enjoyable and a very engaging read.

Last book for school was one of my textbooks... Can't remember which haha. College doesn't give me really any exciting reads

7. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

1st to die by James Patterson.

8. FireRubies1 Merlin's Housekeeper

"American Born Chinese" for some class project xD. But if we're talking about for pleasure... it would have to be Caching Fire from like... 10 months ago; I did read Mockingjay as well, but it was so terrible I try to forget that it even exists

9. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

Scions of Shannara by Terry Brooks
    It's pretty great and has similar themes to LOTR

10. Silent Wings Destiny Islands Resident

The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald. I enjoyed reading every minute of it and I can not wait until the film releases <3

mmm Leonardo Dicaprio

11. Mysty Unknown

Last one I read was Hunger Games Catching Fire. Was good. Still need to read the last one.

12. Lt.Random Moogle Assistant

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
    Truly inspiring book

13. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Last one I read was The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan.
    Great way to set up the next book, but it really bugged me.

14. Madoka Merlin's Housekeeper

This might sound a bit stupid, but the latest book I read was Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. o3o It was for a group project... The book is definitely better than the movie. :P

I've been wanting to read The Mark of Athena, though. :/

15. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Believe me, its definitely worth a read

16. Hinako Merlin's Housekeeper

well i just started reading Les Miserables and it's like 800 pages long and i'm just
    why this
    why this happen

17. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Everyday by David Levithan. My friend forced me to read it, though it is a really good book, and I don't regret reading it. In fact, I ended up loving it.

18. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

I had finished The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks. Being a big fan of his stuff, naturally, I thought it was lovely.

Two people who were in love in High School, torn apart from social class. Years later, they meet again for an old friends funeral but the girl has a family. Yes during one short weekend, the love strike up again. <3 I know it's clique and been told so many time but it usually the ending that gets to me. He make such amazing climaxes that have me reading non-stop til it's done.
    I hope people actually read his books more regardless if they're romance. xD But oh well.

19. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Private Games by James Patterson

An interesting read and the first Patterson book I read from cover to cover. One thing I couldn't stand though was his choice to change from first person narrative to third person narrative. There was also a lot of stuff I felt was unnecessary.[DOUBLEPOST=1358010212][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm making my way through that too. Do you have an abridged (shortened) copy? The copy I have (signet classics unabridged) is almost 1500 pages.

20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Michael Vey: Rise of the Elgen, by Richard Paul Evans.

It's the second book in the Michael Vey series, which is a surprisingly good series about kids with electric powers. I recommend it for fans of series like Percy Jackson or Alex Rider.