What's the last book you read?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Amber, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Rogue's Home by Hilari Bell. It's the second book in the Knight and Rogue series. They're great light reads.

2. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

3. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

The Brick Bible by Brendan Powell.
    In summary. The First Testament, completely illustrated with Legos.

4. Misty gimme kiss

I finished Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë yesterday. I liked it! It was rather short in comparison to the others in my book (I was reading out of a collection with Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, and Agnes Grey), but I did enjoy it! I have read Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre, and Agnes Grey really did seem like Jane minus the Gothic elements. It probably wasn't as powerful emotionally as Jane but it was nonetheless interesting, and Anne has a very powerful voice.

5. DizzyPidgeon Merlin's Housekeeper

I read Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro yesterday.

A book about an aching repression to give function to humans. Much less soppy that it sounds, a novel about hopelessness and humanity and the steady but forthright decay of belief.

6. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

Finished Insurgent (Second book in the Divergent Trilogy) a few days ago. Divergent (if you don't know) is about a girl that lives in a city split into 5 Factions, and is only days away from her Choosing (a Faction) Ceremony. The day before, however, she learns that she is Divergent, or can fit into mulitple factions. Divergent is about her adventures in the Faction she picks.

7. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

The last book I read was James Patterson's Witches and Wizards (all three books in one sitting yeah I have no life)

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Star Wars: Death Trooper.

Read it a few months ago, but I haven't had any new books, or any books for that matter, to read. It's actually a nice book to read, and I found it really interesting.

9. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

Doctor who and the empire of glass
    oh and the Spiderwick Chronicles with my nephew.
    all good books

10. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Finished reading The Perks of Being A Wallflower. A very interesting book to read, and thankfully very short. There were a lot of times where I had to stop reading because...it takes you to very weird and dark places at certain points. It did remind me a lot of my freshman year of high school though.

Oddly enough, I had met an upper classman named Sam who did some out there things, and I was also open about my crush on her.

11. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

The Sleeping God: A novel of Dhulyn and Parno by Violette Malan.

A very good read, but it was a bit slow. The ending was wonderful though.

12. sonicfan23 Traverse Town Homebody

InkSpell (The Sequel to InkHeart) by Cornelia Funke. Great book, slow until about two-thirds in, but really awesome, my favorite in the InkHeart Trilogy so far :D

Can't wait to get InkDeath!

13. Loriah Banned

I'm currently reading the Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan. It's alright, but it's kind of corny since it's mostly about demigods loving each other in some parts of the story. If you like the Olympian Gods, you should read this book since there's a lot of action and comedy in it. Leo's my favorite character because he's really funny. :3

14. Barakon-King Traverse Town Homebody

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and somebody else I don't feel like looking up lol.

I'm about to finish 1632 by Eric Flint, seven years coming haha.

15. Cherry Berry Chaser

Latest book I am currently divulging myself into is Vladmir Noboktov's Lolita. It's a really good book, which invokes a lot of strange yet grotesque emotions when you realise this guy's got this... (not sure if I should say it here because this is a PG13 site) a thing for intimate, uh, and also sexual relationships with little girls (or as his alter EGO Humbert Humbert says, "Nyphettes".) STILL on the THIRD chapter so far, and I will update soon once I know more!

16. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Just finished earlier today F. Scott Fitzgerald's Tender is The Night. Quite the emotional ride, i'll miss the characters.

17. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

Latest book I ever read? It's a manga, really--so I don't think it's considered a book, but it was based on a book. I think the title was Maximum Ride. The drawings in there are so amazing. <3 I love the Maximum Ride novels, but this is even better.

18. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

The Gunslinger and The Drawing of The Three both by Steven King. They are both part of the Dark Tower series and they are really good.

19. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

Mark of Athena (Book 3 in the Heroes of Olympus series). Really good book.

20. Toxicity Merlin's Housekeeper

I will catch myself reading a number of books, but recently I have read, actually started: Easy - Tammara Webber.