What's the last book you read?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Amber, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Cookiie Traverse Town Homebody

The last book I read, and also finished, was Wuthering Heights. It's one of my favourite books of all time, and I've actually read the whole book several times.

The last book I read for school was the three-act play The Miracle Worker. Our class read it for the "contemporary drama" unit of English class. The last novel that I read for school was Of Mice and Men. The end of that book ;_;

2. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    The last book I read was John dies at the End, good read.

For school, it was either Great Gatsby, or if you'll accept a play, a Streetcar Named Desire.

3. Mish smiley day!

The Catcher in the Rye.

The last book for school.. umm. jeez. I think it was called Spies?? ._. by some guy

4. Sessamaru Traverse Town Homebody

I last read "The Hunger Games". Finally got around to it... still haven't seen the movie, though.

Edit: Oh , crap! Erm... the last book I read in school was... well, the Literature book. But in that, the last story I read (or remember reading) was Macbeth by Shakespeare.

5. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

last book I read was The Son of Neptune
    last school book was Cantebury tales

6. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Recently for my Honors program class thing, I read The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind by William Kamkwamba.

This was a required reading, so naturally our teacher spammed our inboxes about it. To be honest, it does not really live up to the hype.

It talks about a boy in dreaded Africa and the miracle he gave to his village by building a working windmill with very primitive resources. But the way it's told is kinda poorly written. For him to actually build the windmill and get worldwide attention is rushed at the end. Which then leaves the rest of the book for how the famine swept his country and dragged on exposition about his family. Granted, there are a few instances where there were touching moments, but overall, I tended to zone out during my reading.

The author is actually coming to our college, so there is at least some value to the reading. I personally didn't enjoy it as much I wanted to, but if you are really curious, I'd say it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

7. Krowley Moderator

Skulduggery Pleasant, I found it fairly enjoyable.
    For school, I think it was "The Wars" by Timothy Findley. I adore books with different viewpoints, and this book did well in portraying the torment behind each character's personal conflicts.

8. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

Jester by James Patterson. Got it from a yard sale for a dollar along with Mary Mary and I have to say it's a very good book.

9. Doc Destiny Islands Resident

It's not really a last book for me I'm still reading it. The book is titled Goliath. Its the last of a three part trilogy by Scott Western Field.

10. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Macbeth by Shakespeare

I absolutely enjoyed it. It got me laughing, confused (not as often as I thought I would be, thank heavens), angry and I feel rather accomplished that I understand the book haha. I really did enjoy it. I would read it again. It's a great book - not very pleasant, tricky, morbid and dark - but I absolutely love it.

11. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

This is the second time I've read that book.

12. Neku_Sakuraba Gummi Ship Junkie

I think it's called A Tale, Dark and Grimm, though I'm not sure.

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Star Wars: Death Troopers

I can't even say what I did for school since that was quite some time ago.....*giggle* Can't believe I can actually say that now

14. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

Dragonlance: Rise of the Dragons. Storm of the Tempest. I forgot the author's name.

I couldn't remember if my class last read Othello or Pygmalion. I think it was Othello.

15. Ghost King's Apprentice

I think it was Poison Princess. By Kresley Cole.

The last book I read for school was The Strange Case Of Origami Yoda

16. Ghost King's Apprentice

Just finished The Color Purple by Alice Walker

17. ButcherKnifeBetty Merlin's Housekeeper

the last book I read was a couple weeks ago The Circle Opens Book 3 Cold Fire by Tamara Pierce
    the last book i read as an assignment wasRevolt of the Cockroach People by Oscar Zeta Acosta

18. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Dance with Dragons (Song of Ice and Fire), started "The Windup Girl"(Liking).
    At school.. It has been over 6 years since ... was a book of chronichles of Carlos Drumond de Andrade.

19. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Last leisure book: Fountainhead
    Good stuff till about 2/3s intot he book, it gets a little preachy on Objectivism but ultimately the character relations are great like the characters themselves, very diverse, some very sinister.

Last assigned book: Paradise Lost
    Well Books 1-4 which are ungodly to understand by yourself, but tthe plot and the way it works is very interesting indeed.

20. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I'll be honest, I don't read as much as I used to, although I should, but the last book I picked up was An Assembly Such as This - A novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman by Pamela Aidan.

It's basically a telling of Pride & Prejudice through the point of view of Mr. Darcy. It doesn't really give any more insight than a fanfiction would, but I suppose it's not too bad, and it seems to stick to Darcy's character well enough.