What's so great about Sora?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Yuffierulestheworld32, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

He has a key for a sword, that has to take at least some skill!

2. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

Yea I can give him that. But if that's the case, then I'd side for Riku instead.

3. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

I think Sora is a likeable character because he has a good and strong heart, which is essential for the Keyblade master to have, and is very loyal. Yes he can sometimes be a little cocky and can make mistakes(which is good, it shows he's not perfect) but the fact that he sticks by his friends even when they let themself be consumed by darkness. He never turned his back on Riku, even when Riku attacked him in KH. He's also quirky and is sometimes a little slow (how did he not notice Mulan was a woman??) which people find amusing.

4. Hobo_Donald Merlin's Housekeeper

Well I'm not the type that drools over characters like Sora for example, but I'll tell you one thing that makes Sora great... He wields a big key and kills creatures (such as the heartless) with it. :)

5. koolashley King's Apprentice

6. #1 DinestyX Gummi Ship Junkie

SORA IS HOTE! THAT'S WHAT'S SO GREAT!

7. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

My reasoning is that he's an ordinary joe (who looks like something from a two year olds coloring book) who just 'happens' to get the only thing that can save the worlds. It's as if anyone can get the weapon (certain conditions met) and can do the same thing.

Or I might have been sleepwalking while delerious with the flu when I thought this up. You decide!

8. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

He did kill most of Organization XIII for no good reason other than Yen Sid told him they were bad.

9. Repliku Chaser

Man, Sora hating. He did not kill the Organization because of just what Yen Sid said. They were stealing people's hearts which in essence pretty well is killing the people on several worlds. As much as I like some members of the Organization, to me, what they were doing was wrong. I can sympathize with the reason, but not side with the actions they took and it doesn't seem like most of them were going to say 'okay Sora, we'll do it your way!' Xemnas especially had a very high opinion of himself as did Saix, who was tormenting Sora through KH2. I don't like how he goaded Demyx, but in the end, Sora is not perfect. None of the characters were perfect, and I think that's why I like KH in the first place. You can point out where the heroes can be wrong too and have faults and it's somewhat refreshing. I'm kind of tired of 'Superman' goody 2-dimensional characters.

I'm not fan gaga over Sora but he's a person who was just some 14 year old kid with dreams about adventuring which didn't seem so probable where he was from. He did his best and met friends, re-encountered his old ones and tried to do his best to make decisions with what little information he was given (or did not perceive). Yes, he's not the sharpest knife in the utensil drawer but he makes up for it by following his heart and helping others out. Whether he had other things to do or not, when someone was in danger, he dropped things to aid them. He wasn't selfish and was giving to those he didn't know. He's amiable and not all emo and whiny, complaining about what he has to do. He just goes and does it. His expressions and emotions are very 'real' and he's not two-faced. In other words, to me, he's a good 14/15 year old kid with a lot on his shoulders and though he's naive and not very perceptive, and makes some errors, he's at least keeping himself together and keeping up the fight where a lot of others confronted with such horrors that Disney tones down...would run the heck out of there.

10. The Great Gatz Chaser

Why is he so great? Cause he has saved all the worlds from destruction a few times now. I mean that takes some serious skill.

11. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

I think he was a great character in both the original game and COM. Although I'm still sticking to my strange opinion that Donald & Goofy were the best characters in those two games, Sora was a likable and unique character. In KH2, he comes off as just another cliche RPG hero, IMO. His personality just seemed really toned down and softened up. :(
    As for the whole thing about criminally-insane fangirls flocking at him, I can't really form a real opinion, as I'm a male(Contrary to popular opinion) XD

12. Nymph of Destiny Chaser

I totally get why you can hate Sora - he's one of those typical heroes who has some special, magical skill (and weapon) that uses the power of friendship/light to succeed but acts super nice and magnanimous all the while, and etc., etc. But despite all that, he's actually not that bad of a character. I mean, I can dislike him sometimes, but to go as extreme as contempt?

Sora's good qualities include being determined, caring, and even though it's very typical of the hero, you do have to admire him for that. You can tell he's very good-hearted, and he would do almost anything to protect his friends. I mean, around the ending of KH (spoiler alert if you have not yet finished it!!), he even removed his own heart to save Kairi! You might think that it's just because he likes her, but I remember that one of the makers of the game said that none of the couples are canon...and if you think about it, Sora never really does say officially he likes Kairi (although it's quite implied in my opinion XD)...so it doesn't matter to him - whether it's because of love or friendship, he would've saved anyone just because he can't stand anyone to be in that condition. And despite that, being strong-hearted (not something a lot of people have, and it's especially unpredictable, coming from a kid), was able to keep his mind when he became a heartless.

So, overall, Sora may be a cheesy hero, yes, but he's also a gold-hearted, simple boy who's full of persistence and love. How can you not admire that?

As for his apperance, it all depends on your opinion of good lucks. Me, I find it average, nothing to drool over. But I find Zexion totally hot - but others don't. So really, that's just a matter of opinion there. XD

13. Zodiac50 Merlin's Housekeeper

They just wanted to get their hearts back. Is that so wrong? That is one of the main reasons why I hate Sora. Sometimes he acts so stupid, like the time in Land of the Dragons when Mulan was pretending to be a guy he didn't know that she was a girl. And let's not forget about Atlantica.

14. AntiWeapon Chaser

So by your logic..

Its ok to kill someone to get their house, because I haven't got one?

I really don't see how that works.

15. Dreadnought Twilight Town Denizen

We don't drool over him.... its just that in kh1 he was practically the
    only guy we could make a fanclub about.... The only cool original
    characters in the game were sora, riku, and xehanort's heartless...
    In kh2 though.... we had organization 13 members to make
    fanclubs off of....

16. #1 DinestyX Gummi Ship Junkie

BECUZ SORA IS HOT AND NICE AND LOYAL AND OMG I LVE HIM!!!

*drools*

17. Flamedancer Twilight Town Denizen

His hair is quite possibly more gravity-defying than Cloud Strife's. :)

Seriously, though, I liked Sora in the first one cuz I thought he was cute (I was 10. Post-puberty Sora's much better.) and he really went for what he believed in. And he sacrificed his heart for Kairi, which still gets me to this day. And in the second one, he makes me laugh. He is just such a teenage guy, and yet such a goody-two-shoes. He's funny! :D

18. Repliku Chaser

Of course it is not -wrong- that they wanted to get their hearts back. It is the method in which they employed. As I commented elsewhere...if you see someone walking down the street and you happen to need a liver to continue living, do you go and kill that person for their good liver? It's like live organ transplants in a twisted way and I would hope even if we can sympathize with the plight and condition the Nobodies are in, that this is very wrong. Their solution to their problem was manipulating Heartless, turning 'other' people to Darkness, probably making 'more' Nobodies, using Sora and Roxas to draw out more Heartless for their plan, manipulating Sora and Riku, kidnapping Kairi etc. They were not -good- guys here. They also certainly weren't going to change their minds about what they were doing. They were ridiculing Sora all the way through the whole story so how can he even suggest, until he had the chance with Xemnas at the end, which of course Xemnas wasn't going for?

And yes, I agree Sora isn't the most observant being, but he's a 15 year old kid in KH2 and a 14 year old one in KH and he has a big responsibility and just in the end wanted to go home and be with his friends, and yet he stopped to help several people along the way and never really once complained about his responsibility. He was happy for others that they found what they were looking for and went out of his way for people. He made mistakes, granted, but then again, I think that's the coolness of the character too. He isn't perfect or infallible but he does his best. That to me is what makes him more decent than many super heroes etc. His flaws are open to see, as are Riku's and other peoples' and they also get used by the villains. However, their strength of will perseveres and helps them fix things as they can, and they also -want- to fix their mistakes.

19. Xaerun Destiny Islands Resident

Hmm, I don't really *mind* Sora, but I'm more of a Riku person. More specifically, I love Riku's looks (and his personal battles, and his 'battle catch cries') but I also love Roxas' backstory, and his personal battles. For me, it's hard to choose a fave character between the two. I'd love a KH game that specifically focuses on Riku. I've played CoM to the finish, and LOOOOOVED Reverse/Rebirth (except the whole, 'Riku's deck can't be changed' thing, that sucked) but Riku played really well as a character.

More Riku please!

(No, I DO NOT think that Riku is gay for Sora. Seriously, there's a lot of references that he is heterosexual, and if you wish, I'll have a looooooong debate with you about it.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.