What would you do if

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by JedininjaZC, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Aura Goddess

I honestly wouldn't care. They're my child and I'd support them. I'd be surprised, of course, but I wouldn't disown my own child.

2. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

What I also think that were able to say that were going to support our child even if they were gay or whatever is that we live in a totally diffrent age from our parents, when they were teens, or even when they were little. People acted that being Gay was like the end of the world, or even equal to dying. But we see it as just being...you.

3. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Well, seeing that I've got a wife, I'd be acting pretty damn hypocritical if I wouldn't support him >;3

In all seriousness, I'd love my son unconditionally, no matter what his sexual preference was. It's not something he could control, you can't just stop being gay. Yeah, I might be a bit uncomfortable if I saw him kissing his boyfriend, but I don't think that I'd be too comfortable if he was kissing a girl either >.< As long as he's happy, and not hurting himself, I'll be content of whoever he chooses to date.

I've been raised to be tolerant to all, so I'm pretty sure I'd raise my children to be the same way. If I showed signs of not approving him being gay, I'd be going against my own teachings, which could cause my son losing faith in me. So is there anything else for me to do but support him? ​

4. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Same here,that's actually what I ment.
    You see,Some people are actually not allowed to have a boyfriend in their bedroom,private rooms etc.; so why treat homosexuals any differently.
    I wouldn't go out of my way; more than usual to say something like "Don't make a scene" or "That's disgusting" because I honestly don't think it's repulsive or disgusting.

Also guys you might want to watch what you say;because there are a lot of members of this forum and I know for a fact a few are gay.

5. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

I gave you the rep. xD I just felt like it.

6. Dredica SNES was the best.

I would accept him. We're all a little gay. Look at Brad Pitt and tell me if you wouldn't be a hypocrite if you didn't accept your kid XD​

7. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

God I love you all.
    I just wish more people were like you guys. :'{
    Its really sad to see people disowning their children because they are gay.
    :{ And what's even more sad is how brainwashed some people are into hating gay people. It's impossible to deal with people who are sexually prejudice.

8. Sora March Twilight Town Denizen

Personally, I wouldn't like it, and I don't want my son to be gay. But if he were, then I'd accept it, just as long as he was safe, healthy, and happy.

9. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

What do you mean you wouldn't like it?

10. Sora March Twilight Town Denizen

I don't really know. I'm all for gays and lesbians, but I just don't really want my son to be gay. Maybe its just the disappointment that I may not have grandchildren from that child, and see him happy as I would be...

11. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

Are you scared that he might get hurt, because of his sexuallity?
    If I had a gay son I would be afraid for him, but I would do everything in my power to keep him safe from homophobic people. After all he is my son. =)

12. Misty gimme kiss

You can have grandchildren from them, a lot of gay couples choose to adopt.

People attach such a stigma to being gay and it's because too many people perceive heterosexuality as 'normal.' It's normal to be gay. I've had close friends tell me that they're bisexual and I'm just like "yeah, okay." It doesn't bother me at all. I think I'd be the same way with my own child. I can't really speak for it until it actually happens to me, but I don't think it's a huge deal.

13. Sora March Twilight Town Denizen

It's probabley that. I'd keep him safe too, I just really don't like people making fun of others for their sexuality. I've got gay and lesbian family, and I sometimes tell people about them, and they just either make fun of me for supporting them, or they stop talking to me for a little bit.

@Misty, it isn't exactley the same to father a child and be that child's father as opposed to adopting and fathering a child, at least in my opinion.

14. Reisen Twilight Town Denizen

I'm gay, so it wouldn't matter to me.

Basically religion plays a huge part in the parents live if they would go to drastic measures to actually do something to prevent them from living that way. Like putting them out there home or sending them to border schools, or christian schools, just because they don't want to deal with it. Personally being "gay" is a sexuality nothing more, it's how the way you want to live your life.

15. Fellangel Bichael May

I wouldn't really care. I'd do anything to make him happy.

16. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

umm i would accept him as he is, because sexual orientation doesnt determine my relationship with my children :D

17. Emilio Estavez Destiny Islands Resident

He'd be my freaking son, so I don't see how being a homosexual would disrupt my relationship with him.

18. Rexyggor_thenewmember Twilight Town Denizen

I have a really good connection to that. It's really hard to know what I would do, but I know I would at least support it. I really don't understand anything wrong with it. With the whole Bible thing, I don't even understand.

19. Orivsca Banned

I'd beat the crap out of him, and tell him God hates him.

20. JedininjaZC Hollow Bastion Committee

So you will threaten your child with your so called
    'God', and then you will beat him up?
    That's child abuse.