What would it take for you to leave this dimension behind?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Ars Nova, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I figure this is pretty apropos for a KH forum :L

Some of you may have thought about what it would be like to live in a fictional or fantasy world, or just a place far removed from your time and space. What if you were actually given the opportunity to cross over into another world? Would you really be able to do it? Would you leave everything you know and love behind? Or would that be a no-brainer for you? What would convince you to go? What would make you stay? What would be hard to give up, and what would you say good riddance to?

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Every trace of the people I care about to be completely wiped away. That would pretty much be the only way I would choose to "live another life". I find it pretty much impossible to even think about, leaving all of this behind. Granted there are a ton of bad things, and if that's the only thing I had, then heck yeah. That however isn't the case.

3. Arch Mana Knight

Not much. My life's depressing as is. Though I would miss the few friends I have. Also, I'd really like to play FFXV and KHIII...And a few other things. But given a good enough opportunity I'd find it hard not to pass up the chance.

4. Sara Tea Drinker

Knowing I'm worshiped as a god for a few years of hard work and am set for the rest of my life. *gets pointy objects thrown at me* I'M KIDDING!!!

Anywho... In all seriousness, I would probably go if it promised some excitement or adventure. I think I love rp'ing so much is because it lets me spark out my creativity and feel like I'm writing an adventure. Would I miss some people? Yeah... Would I miss my mom? Definitely, but a promise to something better and more adventure? I would probably go. But that's me.

5. Patman Bof

No way, moving into a new town makes me super angsty already. Overall I' m a man of habbit, I' d rather deal with the devil I know. And if the point is to become a hero, well, I have no desire for that whatsoever. I' m perfectly fine playing my part out of the spotlights.

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Mm, that depends if there's absolutely no way to come back. I mean, if it's like Kingdom Hearts, we'd be able to come back whenever. But if it were for good....I'm not entirely sure I'd be able to go unless I could take whoever I wanted along. Mainly just leaving my family, because no matter how much you hate them, it'd be weird at the very least not to see them ever again.

7. Fellangel Bichael May

I don't know. If you asked me now, then it's a straight up no. Later though, it could change. Now, I'm living happily and comfortably. Maybe a few years back, I would've taken the offer. Possibly years down the road, but for now, I have too much things I care about to leave.

8. Shuhbooty moon child

I wouldn't go. Now if you asked me a few years ago, I would jump into that boat and row off into the sunset. I'm actually in the process of finishing my business and I feel like reality has more of a pull on me then fantasy.

9. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

It's weird, I fantasise about this sort of thing all the time and wonder what it would be like because the importance of fantasy is a world you can escape to when this world gets too much, but that's the thing- it's just a temporary freedom, you can come back into this world and thoroughly enjoy it or hate your circumstances. I don't know, because the adventure will be amazing and exciting but everything I know will be gone and I would miss it all dearly.

If I could return then I would go in a heart beat, I would go an experience everything and really make the most of it but as long as I could come back because no other reality would be my home and it never will be. I think it would take a "you must leave this reality to save your family" sort of thing to make me leave but otherwise I could never give this world up, it holds everything I know and hold dear. Sure I would love it if I could meet and fly away with the Doctor but he's just a fictional character, he's still in this world but as just that- a character.

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It's a fantasy that I play around with a lot. This thread has made me think about it more, and I'd do it on three conditions: I got to bring someone with me, said person could come back whenever they wanted to, and every trace of my existence in this universe would be erased -- I'd feel guilty about leaving if anyone mourned me. I still don't know if I'd do it permanently without those loopholes, but it's incredibly tempting to go out and live in the universe of my dreams.

11. Antidote Façade

I honestly don't know. It seems like a lose/lose situation to me.

Choose to leave, and lose everything you've ever loved and cared about. Stay, and continue living the same ****ty, mundane existence that you're accustomed to (obviously not speaking for everyone here).

Things can be tough most of the time, but there are little things here and there that keep me somewhat happy and content with this world. Friends and family being one of them.

**** it. I choose real lyf.

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

For me, my decision would be mostly affected by where I can do the most good. If, for example, my escaping into another dimension meant saving this one, I would have to go. But if it were just about where I wanted to be, I would stay here. There's no way I would be able to leave my life, good and bad alike, for mere convenience or even for relief. But if this world were being invaded by Species 8427 from the See-Through Zone and the only way to stop it would be to close the Crack in the Universe and lock it from the other side with my Keyblade, I'd do it without a second thought.

13. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Wouldn't do it. The fantasy idea is just that, and even if fantasy became reality, I doubt i'd be able to happily live in it.
    I've dabbled and wasted time in self-indulgent spaces, so to plunge into an existence I know nothing about seems selfishly stupid.