Kingdom Hearts III What worlds/world plotlines would you like to see?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Beucefilous, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Fair enough. How about Wall-E, then? ...Eh, no, you could probably squeeze more than a few fights outta that one too... Emperor's New Groove? Mm, no, that'd almost be like Tarzan with a better sense of humor... Well, maybe they should just stick to the 100-Acre Wood and throw a couple of these others in as fully fleshed-out worlds.

2. A Zebra Chaser

Wall-E is a weird one, I'm really not sure how they can do that... do they put Sora awkwardly between Wall-E and Eve? Does Sora just try to understand their basic communications?
    "What's that Eve? Little Wall-E's stuck in a well?!"

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I figure you'd start off helping Wall-E with his daily routine, maybe in a series of silly minigames, then Eve shows up and you fight her due to a misunderstanding. After that's cleared up you eventually make your way to the ship, where the AI has been possessed by a Heartless and they're swarming the place. You fight your way to the command deck and take on the computer (whatever it was called) as the final boss.

4. Truly Mad Moves Destiny Islands Resident

Okay, I must apologize in advance, these are thoughts I've been mulling over that I simply HAD to get out of my system and hope that other people would see them. There are a lot of them. So here's an awesome new thread about worlds whose appearance will be necessary for KHIII.

Yes, I'm not talking about worlds I'd personally like to see, I'm talking about worlds that are going to be a requirement for the proper Kingdom Hearts III experience. Obviously, I don't mean that: I'm practically listing enough worlds to make the entire game, and there are too many variables for me to correctly predict the exact world lineup. I'm sure I'll be entirely satisfied - and, one hopes, at least a little surprised - by exactly what Disney material KHIII chooses to mine. But these are my thoughts on things that KHIII must contain... and, be forewarned, I do a fair amount of ranting. But, believe me, I'm not trying to declare myself as some kind of ultimate authority here - after all, this is only my 11th message on the website. These are just my thoughts and wishes, and I hope they provoke dreams and hopes in whoever reads them.

First order of business, necessary returning worlds in (my personal opinion's) order of importance.

AGRABAH

KHI gave us a very loose adaptation of the film Aladdin... in fact, all of the worlds in KHI were a loose adaptation. Every other core game (I think it can be safely stated that the "core games" in the series are KHI, KHII, BbS, and 3D) features very precise adaptations of Disney films, often including word-for-word reenactments of a few scenes. The saving grace of this was that the worlds had to be returned to at some point: KHII had "second visits" which took place after the movie was over, BbS had three different storylines so the movie events were dragged out rather than compressed, and 3D had both Riku and Sora, one of them reenacting the movie and the other on a more original quest, generally speaking.

What I'm saying here is that KHI is the only core game that never did the reenactment thing at all, and indeed, worlds from KHI that came back in subsequent games often didn't do it either, continuing to serve us with original stories. Only worlds that debuted in later games follow the plot of their movie. (the exception is Atlantica, but I know we don't like to talk about that...)

Agrabah, on the other hand (there we go, finally back on topic) did something unexpected in KHII: they did an adaptation of The Return of Jafar that was almost as loosely-adapted as the first game's stories. So the way I see it, Agrabah needs to be a solid I-II-III world: KHI does Aladdin, KHII does The Return of Jafar, so KHIII must adapt Aladdin and the King of Thieves. Hopefully, with more accuracy than the way they adapted the first two movies. Aladdin's dad is an awesome character and I really hope we get to meet him.

But there's room for creative liberties: after all, who else is disappointed that we've never fought Jafar in his "giant snake" form? Also, I hear that funnyman Jim Meskimen has recently taken on the role of Genie, and I hope for a chance to hear his performance. It's gotta be better than the unfunny, over-scripted, doesn't-sound-a-thing-like-Robin-Williams hack job we've been getting from Dan Castellaneta for the past 20 years. Who could be funny and spontaneous and sound like Robin Williams if he wanted to, but chooses not to when he plays Genie for some reason. Darnedest thing.

Okay, most of my ranting was reserved for the Agrabah bit. I'm going to relax a bit now.

OLYMPUS COLISEUM

Well, we already know the Rock Titan makes his return, so that's a good sign. Sure, some of us are a bit tired of the whole arena-fighting deal, but what would a core KH game be without the arena-fighting deal? Here's a few things that I hope to see from Olympus Coliseum in KHIII:

-A new Final Fantasy hero to encounter. Someone from VI or XIII, if fan consensus is heeded. But whoever it is, remember that appearances by Final Fantasy characters are not reserved for Olympus Coliseum, we'll probably get a few new ones in KH-original worlds as well.
    -James Woods being awesome.
    -The Titans. The BBSFM secret Disney boss was originally going to be one of the as-yet-unseen Titans before they decided to use Monstro instead. I think we can all agree we're sick of just the same two Titans when there are three more waiting to be encountered. I figure the Cyclops will be our story-mode boss much in the same vein as Cerberus and the Hydra, whereas the Wind and Lava Titans, those could be our secret bosses. In theory.
    -James Woods being hilarious.
    -An appearance by Zeus, and perhaps a few other Olympians. Granted, most of the Olympians didn't get anything to do until the Hercules TV series, but hey, if we're lucky, we might get appearances by several of the gods, heroes, and monsters who graced what may very well be the most star-studded TV cartoon of all time. After all, KHIII has to be absolutely epic, so why shouldn't the filler material be just as epic and sweeping as the main story? Okay, we'll probably never get any material from any Disney TV show, but we can dream. (but while we're dreaming, any given villain from the Aladdin TV series FTW)
    -James Woods being creepy.
    -A speaking part and more active role for Pain and Panic. They're very beloved minions, and their voice actors are comedic treasures. The fact that their only role in the series has been a cameo in KHII is just a crime. And, a similar request about the Sisters of Fate, who have only appeared on a trophy. Really, Hercules has an entire truckload of great characters and monsters who should get some serious KH screentime, and since this is the grand finale and everything, why can't they?
    -James Woods being... well, James Woods.
    -Susan Egan.
    -James Woods.
    -James Woods.

HUNDRED-ACRE WOOD

This one goes without saying. A staple of the core games, even more so than the first two on this list; where else will we have our minigame world? What might not go without saying is that the 100-Acre Wood should probably base its material off of the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie. If it doesn't, I'd be content with seeing a role reprisal by some of the voice actors - such as Tom Kenny, Craig Ferguson, and Bud Luckey - who took over the roles of the Pooh cast for that film. But let's be honest, the world probably will be modeled after the 2011 film... it'd be a lot less surprising than the appearance of Skull, a location in Pooh's Grand Adventure, in KHII, and almost as epic. Hey, maybe we'll even get to fight the Backson. Heh heh, nah, probably not.

DEEP SPACE

Okay, not Deep Space itself, but... a new world, a second Lilo and Stitch world, based on the Hawaii portions of the film. And since the appearance of Experiment 221 set a precedent, there should probably be a few sequel characters snuck in there as well. Again, we want maximum epic potential in this thing.

PORT ROYAL

If we assume that KHIII will follow the same "two visits" model as KHII did, we'll want a first visit that follows Dead Man's Chest and a second visit that follows At World's End. After all, those aren't two movies so much as they're one really big one. Of course, those films might be too epic and convoluted even for a Kingdom Hearts finale, but as an alternative might I suggest a world that follows the plot of On Stranger Tides? It's a bit more subtle, human, and interpersonal. But again, we want our money's worth from KHIII, and that should mean Davy Jones and the Kraken getting Keybladed to death.

Plus, we can take bets on which actors will reprise their roles and which will have to be replaced. I think Bill Nighy is a sure thing, as is Kevin R. McNally if they choose to feature his character in the game. Lee Arenberg and Mackenzie Crook could go either way, but again, that's only if we actually get to see their characters. Which we should. Oh, but who am I kidding? I'll be playing the "who'll reprise and who'll be replaced" game with every world. And I do think it's kind of epic that Bruce Boxleitner is thus far the only actor from a live-action film to come back for KH... it'd almost be disappointing if he lost that position... hmm, ranting again. All right, moving on:

Now to list the movies which haven't made an appearance as KH worlds yet, but definitely should. Once again, in order of the magnitude of just how much they're required:

TANGLED and THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG

I list them together because I think they're almost equally necessary. Why? Because The Princess and the Frog announced to the world "Disney's coming back!" and Tangled followed it up by saying "Disney IS back!" They should then be included to announce the triumphant return of the Kingdom Hearts series. Not that KH went anywhere, of course, but KH3D brought it back out from under the rader and it'll be a hell of a lot more on the radar once KHIII hits the shelves. And the two movies that revitalized the age of fairytales should be on board to reflect that.

And, people are already starting to say that Frozen is still escalating the statement that the last two princess movies made, and talking about wanting it in Kingdom Hearts... my two cents is yeah, it absolutely should be in a game, but KHIII will probably be too deep into production by the time Frozen arrives in Japan for that to happen. Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed at that realization myself. There's always a bit of lag time involved, KH never includes anything from less than two years ago, unless you count Chicken Little, and that smacks of having been Disney's idea that they forced on Square. And he was just one character, not a whole world.

TOY STORY

We need at least one Pixar world in the series before the Xehanort Saga (or did they rename it the Dark Seeker Saga?) is over, and general opinion from the fans and staff points to Toy Story as the most-hoped-for candidate to bear that distinction. My personal preference would be for the world to follow the plot of Toy Story 3, but it's more likely (and probably better from most standpoints) to go with the first movie.

THE JUNGLE BOOK

Okay, this isn't one I particularly want or would particularly enjoy, but for the sake of thoroughness, it must be included on the list of necessary worlds. After all, they've deleted it from two games thus far - KHI and BBS - so I think it's about time we see what they had in mind.

BAMBI

It occurred to me that Square's always been pretty stingy when it comes to introducing "all-new worlds". Think about it: most worlds have had their existence foreshadowed in a previous game. KHII gave us Beast's Castle, Land of Dragons, and Pride Lands, each of which contained characters who had been seen in KHI - Port Royal and Space Paranoids were the only worlds that came entirely out of the blue (for more reasons than one, live action, woot woot). BBS gave us four new worlds, but each served as an origin story for a character we'd seen before. And in KH3D, La Cite des Cloches was the only world in which everyone Sora met was a total stranger.

Sure, they probably did that because they're saving the good stuff for KHIII, but it got me to thinking: what other previously-foreshadowed worlds could they use to sneakily cheat us out of all-new Disney material? Sword in the Stone (appealing, but Merlin serves his function well enough as a Radiant Garden character), Chicken Little (nah, nobody would enjoy that), Dumbo or 101 Dalmatians (both have their merits, but aren't quite epic enough)... and then I thought of Bambi. Keeping in mind that two, maybe three, years have passed since KHI... what if we have a Bambi world that follows the second half of the movie? The half everyone forgets about - the half where Bambi is a grown stag, strong enough to serve as a party member. Am I right? Never thought of that, did you? It's starting to appeal to you, isn't it? Surely I'm not the only guy who could dream up that possibility... but the probability of it is low, very low. Hey, the whole "necessary" thing is still just my opinion.

TINKER BELL

Pixie Hollow world, anyone? To turn us all into fairies? Okay, now I'm just way too tired to think straight, I should go to bed. Hey, it could happen. They like to surprise us.

Hope you enjoyed this NOVEL of a forum post. Hey, mostly it's nice to just get all this junk off my chest and out of my head. Thanks for listening, KH-Vids!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  5. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

I agree with everything you say although not entirely sure about Princess and the frog although it would be an easy thing to mix in with Kingdom Hearts I am not sure where Xehanort or Meleficent fits in considering the main villain gets his dark power from Voodo gods or something. Pixie hollow ... wouldn't this be time travel seeing as how Tink was with Peter Pan in the earlier games and doesn't this whole movie franchise or whatever you would call it start with her being Born. Also Bambi ... Bambi, I just can't think what Xehanort or Meleficent would want in that world considering it would likely only occur on the Animal side of it. However I want Treasure Planet, and Wall-E in it however these tales cross multiple star systems which makes things slightly more complicated and in this game such ships would be blasted apart by Heartless or Nobody ships or even Fleets and if used there could be some minigames right there and they would be fun if you don't blow up. I would love to see Star Wars fleets fighting Heartless and Nobody fleets as well and of course Xemnas fighting Vader (I know it is a very stupid suggestion but that fascinates me).

6. Misty gimme kiss

I would truly love for Olympus Coliseum to return, if only as a mini-game world (I think having the tournaments is a KH staple). I'm very fond of the Hercules movie, but I just can't see them making it work, because Hercules is already a hero and him & Meg are already together. They could of course innovate and add an original story (hopefully one that includes the Titans, Hades, and Zeus, as you said), but I don't think there's anything we could salvage from the plot of the actual movie. It would be cool to visit more of Thebes.

I was going to add in a "I can't see them making it work without traveling back in time," but then I realized that time travel is entirely plausible in KH canon now so it's not a joke anymore. Thinking about it, if Sora & co. learn to use time travel, we could see Disney movie plots that were glossed over fully realized. That would of course create problems of continuity, though... wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

7. Light-Rune Maven Seer

For Princess and the Frog, I'm not entirely sure Maleficent or Xehanort -NEED- to fit in. Think about Deep Jungle in the original KH game: It didn't really tell you anything about what was going on (Most worlds only gave you a little information at a time in the first place), but it really opens your eyes to what the heartless are capable of; despite being driven by nothing other than instinct, they are manipulative and deceptive. They will follow the strong willed, sure, but the minute you begin to falter, you're toast. Controlling them is -MORE- dangerous than having to fight them when you think about it. Now consider Princess and the Frog: The villain is actually called "The Shadow Man", and while he calls upon evil voodoo demons, he also has them come out as shadows to go and catch naveen and last of all, his own shadow reacts to the physical realm (The lawrence reacting when the shadow kicks him, Facilier being dragged when the shadow is grabbed, etc.). It's been several games, and the monsters have either been
    a. Not within the heroes ability to control (Nobodies)
    b. Only controllable by one person (Unversed) or
    c. easy to control without risk (Dream Eaters)
    It would be easy to switch out some of the later voodoo stuff for heartless, and it would be the perfect opportunity story wise to renew the feeling of base brutality that come from the Heartless, who at this point aren't really considered very dangerous in terms of the story because of the lack of focus.

Tangled I would recommend for the story mainly just because of Mother Gothel's' wish to keep the light all to herself, which is the desire that started the ancient keyblade war. I have other reasons, but I will go into those later.

For Tinker Bell, I would say time travel is excuse enough: While you technically would have to have a past version of yourself to do that, the principle does not necessarily apply when a portal defining a specific time and place is utilized, as displayed by timeless river in KH2. While it's true they had not yet invented the principle in KH2, it gives an excuse for time travel other than to moments that the time traveler was present at: So I'm sure they will use that as an excuse.

For Bambi I can only say that Xehanorts goal is to corrupt and destroy everything, and he would be a fool to ignore it even if it's small. Of course, I'm sure Square can pull plenty of other reasons out of their a**. Y'know, kinda like where Xehanort gets more than half of his plans: INTRODUCING A -NEW- UNIVERSAL LAW!

I can't say much on the matter of Space themed worlds, but I'm sure there will be some.

8. Truly Mad Moves Destiny Islands Resident

Huh... my big post got moved from its own thread to this one. Fair enough. Glad I got some responses and that I was inserted before the conversation started getting in-depth and my talking points became redundant. Allow me to participate in some of the talking points which have already transpired...

People talked about the Realm of Darkness, and I definitely see that as a possibility. See, here's what I think about the cancelled game "Birth By Sleep Volume 2"... now, Aqua found herself in Cinderella's world in the Realm of Darkness. So, while I have no idea what the plot of BBSV2 would have been, it's pretty clear what the time frame was (during or at least shortly before KHI) and how they would have incorporated the Disney worlds: Aqua would visit worlds which have plunged into the Realm of Darkness. Presumably, to give us the atmosphere of usual Disney worlds, these worlds would be inhabited by characters who have no idea they're in the Realm of Darkness and are simply going about their lives.

But that's a bit of a subject change, perhaps I'll start (or find) a thread where we fantasize about what BBSV2 would have been like.

On another note, why are many of you hung up on whether or not Xehanort and/or Maleficent would take an interest in certain worlds? The KH-original villains almost never have an active role in the plot of the Disney worlds, a few Organization XIII members notwithstanding. And Maleficent, her meddling usually consists of letting the world's native villain do his or her own thing while she or Pete supervises, so really, they could easily be fit into any world. And on top of that, there are always at least a couple of worlds in each numbered title where the villain has no affiliation with Maleficent at all.

Oh, but on the subject of arc characters who meddle in the affairs of the individual Disney worlds, that brings me to another piece of "necessary" material for KHIII: a Princesses of Heart reunion. All seven of them in one place, fully voice-acted, that would be something we'd have to see.

9. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

I'm not sure what the whole rule on Disney-Pixar movies is, but I think UP would be an interesting concept to incorporate into Kingdom Hearts. I could totally Charles F. Muntz commanding a bunch of heartless-dogs

10. Truly Mad Moves Destiny Islands Resident

"Rule"? There's no rule. There's never been anything legal or official stopping Pixar characters from appearing in Kingdom Hearts. Disney owns Pixar, and even before they did, they owned all of Pixar's movies. The reason we haven't seen any Pixar worlds yet is purely for creative reasons, I think. Not sure why they cut Woody and Buzz out of KHIIFM, but I'm sure it wasn't for legal reasons.

Personally, I think there's a reason we haven't seen any worlds based on any CGI films, Pixar or otherwise, and I think that in the future there will be as few of them as possible. A lot of the series' attractiveness comes from the fact that all of the characters and locations are painstakingly built to look exactly like they do in the movies, but in video-game CGI. That's entertaining for traditionally-animated movies, and it's probably even more fun rebuilding live-action characters and sets, but the novelty drops a little bit once you get to a stop-motion movie like Nightmare, and it's gone altogether when you start recreating characters and environments that were already in CGI to begin with. So we'll probably get Toy Story because a lot of people are clamoring for it, but I think traditionally-animated movies will always be the top priority for turning into worlds.

I will say, though: Chicken Little in KHII looked really good. He was just as detailed as he was in his movie. How many Disney video games can say that? Whenever the CGI worlds come, it's gonna be some of the best video-game graphics ever seen. That's for dang sure.

Oh! But I just remembered! Remember what they said about KHIII: every world will have its own shaders, to make them all look even more like the original medium. To maximize the effectiveness of that, they'll probably need to use movies of every medium: traditional animation, computer animation, live action, and maybe even stop-motion as well. (Frankenweenie, anyone?) I think that's gonna be a pretty big key to predicting the exact line-up of worlds...

I think I've officially reached the point of "talking too much". Gonna go now...

11. Antidote Façade

The Black Cauldron.

While it may not be one of Disney's most successful titles, it's definitely one of the darkest. It would fit KH quite well, as we all know the games love to try and come across as dark and depressing at times.

Taran would be your party member and you've got the side-characters Princess Eilonwy, Fflewddur, Gurgi & Hen Wen.

The sub-boss could be the three witches- Orddu, Orgoch & Orwen, the main boss obviously the Horned King and they could use his undead army for one big fight.

I've fantasised about this being a part of Kingdom Hearts ever since the first. It would be amazing if it got implemented.

12. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

Well I didn't really mean a "rule" as in some legal problem. I obviously said "Disney-Pixar", implying the ownership Disney has over Pixar.

As for not including certain worlds in regards to "animation", I'd disagree. KH Staff did Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron didn't they? Sure the novelty dropped for Nightmare Before Christmas, but I still think the themes of that movie really mesh well with the Kingdom Hearts themes. After all, it's not entirely about how the game looks, but how the characters interact and develop Sora/each other to reach a satisfying end product.

13. T3F Chaser

I would love to see Atlantica the same way they had it in KH1. If we had an appearance from Finding Nemo I think that would just make my world (even though they're in two separate parts of the ocean but pfft logic)
    While we're on Pixar, I'd like to see a Monster's Inc world. Could you imagine how much fun you could have with those doors? And a Toy Story world too
    A Pocahontas world would actually be amazing. I'm imagining fighting enemies whilst heading around the riverbend, and I can really see Governer Ratcliffe being possessed by darkness and yeah. Pocahontas would be a great world to explore
    I'm all for bringing back Port Royal, I think it was great. But no Lone Ranger or any of those other ones

But enough of the Disney. I really REALLY REALLLLLYYYYY WANT A FINAL FANTASY WORLD!
    Like seriously how cool would that be? Maybe have a Cocoon world, seeing as Lighting strikes me as a character guaranteed to be in KH3. If not, put something like the Gold Saucer in Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden full of mini games and stuff (dat chocobo racing). I really want to see more action from the FF characters. OMG WHAT IF WE RIDE CHOCOBOS EVERYWHERE!

Unfortunately there can only be so many worlds in KH3, and there is so much, yet so little, that Disney has explored. Oh well, we can only hope I guess

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

New worlds I want:

• Tangled
        • Frozen
        • Atlantis: The Lost Empire
        • Pocahontas
        • The Princess and the Frog
        • WALL-E
        • Toy Story
    Old worlds with new plots I want (read: sequels/tv shows/spinoffs/etc):

• TRON: Uprising (Space Paranoids/The Grid)
        • Lilo and Stitch (Deep Space; except we need the Hawaii part of the game)
    Other plot-related things I want:

• Kairi and/or Lea training with the Keyblade as the tutorial, and then being fully playable characters later.
        • Isa shows up for a fight and as Sora starts to step forward, Lea pushes him back and faces Isa himself (as a cutscene, probably). They argue and talk and Lea manages to beat Isa down sufficiently, and Isa starts seeing the error of his ways—LOL SURPRISE XEHANORT COMPLETELY TAKES OVER ISA AND THEN ISANORT CURBSTOMPS LEA, leading to a Sora/Isanort boss fight.
        • ROTATING PARTY PLAYABLE SEVEN LIGHTS
        • WHAT HAPPENED TO TERRA?
        WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THIS FORMATTING

15. LilRavio Moogle Assistant

So, there I was, scrolling along my news feed on Facebook. When suddenly Bam image.jpg

I froze(Haha) and cried, then laughed, then posted this!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

_Merged due to a similar topic

Please make sure that a thread for your topic doesn't already exist before you make one.

17. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Ok, here's my question. If Frozen was a KH3 world... who would your party member be? My vote's for Anna, maybe with Olaf on backup or something—like Mulan and Mushu, but with ice!

18. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

I would love to see a world based on a Final Fantasy title.

I know it's almost impossible seeing as there's so many different areas to explore and visit, but just the thought of roaming a place like Spira (FFX) makes me drool.

19. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

If there ever did add frozen, Olaf better be my summon spell when all that shenanigans is over.

It'd be pretty cool if they ever decide to add Disney Pixar films into the mix. If and when they do, I'd love to see Toy Story. Can you imagine Sora blending in as an action figure? xD It would have an Alice and wonderland feel to it, because of how small you'd be, but then again it'd be hard to explain how in the world Andy and other humans are so tall... Maybe a Woody and Buzz light year reference, as opposed to an actual world? Perhaps they could call it...TOYLAND or something... I digress.

I'd like to see Chicken Little's world as well as a live action film like Prince of Persia or John Carter(cough). Brother bear?

Destiny ISLANDS!!! It'd be cool if we could actually explore the town for once.

20. A Zebra Chaser

Well it doesn't NEED a party member, though I imagine if they went for one Christoff would be the more logical choice, since he's shown to be more capable. Though this is all about fanservice in the end. Personally, I feel Elsa would be the far better and more interesting choice, but I'm not how that would work in.
    They'd definitely be starved for content with Anna, in the Disney Infinity thing they literally made her gimmick climbing gear, even though they devoted an entire scene to showing how much she sucks at climbing in the movie