What to Buy

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Iskandar, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Well, the program doesn't close, but the thing saves to whatever amount and then it jsut stops and the popup comes out with the error code. And was is BSOD?

2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Sorry, my computer was running really slow when you posted that and I for got to get back to it. I'm getting a few different stories when I looked up things online. So a few questions

1) What precise version of Windows are you using? (i.e. Window 7 Home Premium 32-bit)
    2) What file types are you input videos?
    3) What are your output settings?

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I think it's the Window 7 Home Premiun 63-bit, but I'm not entirely sure. And I don't know what the file types of the input videos are, I got them off of here, if that makes it easier. And how do I check my output settings? Since I don't know that can I say defult?

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

The vids from here are mostly WMV format but some of the vids like the secret movie at the end of KH2 or Deep Dive are in MPEG. WMM shouldn't have a problem using it, but I always had Vista and I don't really know about the WMM on Windows 7...

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, what I'm really wondering why it won't work is because of the fact that the first 3 or 4 videos I made were perfectly fine. Nothing went wrong with them. But once I started making more, I couldn't save them. So I stopped. But only al little while ago I was able to save 3 of the videos I couldn't so I thought I was good, but it's happening again

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Maybe you've got a virus or something? Anything special you did with the videos that can't save, like did you use more effects than normal or did you use more clips?

Also, it could be the songs you're using. Try getting different versions online and seeing if that works.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, I'm using the songs form the CD. I could only use them if I ripped them, so I did that. And there aren't any viruses on the computer. It scans reguarely . And the only things I do with the clips is split them so I don't use something that's 18 minutes long

8. ShibuyaGato Transformation

If you mean me than thanks, but you might wanna say that in a VM instead seeing as how that's off topic and SOMEONE is gonna delete that. Also, an introduction in the section for that might help you learn how to start off without any trouble from the staff. But still, if you DO mean me, than i'm flattered. (:

What I meant was that if you're using so many different clips in the video itself that it's too much for it to handle and it won't save because of that. Maybe the file's too big or you should try rendering it to see if there's a problem with that too...

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I've actually thought of that before, but what's really strange is there are some that are bigger and they saved. Plus, the error code doesn't have anything to do with the size

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, what does the error code say? Try googling it and seeing what comes up?

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

done, done, and done. I've done all of that. Seems like it's just something that's started appearing with the few past versions of WMM and jumped to the "Live" series.

12. ShibuyaGato Transformation

So, there aren't any updates or patches you can get to fix it?

another reason to hate on WMM... like we even needed another reason!

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

as far as I've checked, no. Unless you guys want to check and prove me wrong

14. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

it means black screen of death!^ ^

15. Iskandar King of Conquerors

oh. Don't you mean the Blue Screen of Death?

16. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Black Screen of Death is also abbreviated BSoD.
    They both exist.

In this case though I believe she was referring to Blue Screen of Death.

17. Misty gimme kiss

It'd just be easier to troubleshoot if we got error codes or something of the sort; blue screens of death do often give them, not sure about black screens. If you're happy with how WMM worked before the problems there's no reason to spend all that money to get Vegas when you can work to fix WMM (then again, I hate spending money, haha). Have you tried simply uninstalling and then reinstalling it?

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

not my choice. It's not exactly my computer, so I can't just go installing/uninstalling things willy-nilly. But it's not something from a Blue Screen of Death, since that's never happened on this computer yet

19. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, does anyone else use WMM on that comp?

If the answer is no, then I don't think anyone would mind much if you uninstalled and reinstalled it.

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

no, I'm the only one that uses any Windows stuff. But it's still not my decision. You don't know my dad. I could ask him, but I don't know where to download it from the Microsoft website. A link would be helpful. And actually, if I were to uninstall then reinstall, would I lose all the videos that I've made so far but can't save?