Dream Drop Distance What new worlds do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by . : tale_wind, Nov 20, 2010.

1. kstokes11 Moogle Assistant

a finding nemo world, kind of like the original atlantica

2. Doukuro Chaser

I can't believe I didn't think of having Pocahontas in there. I love that movie and would be a very interesting world to explore <3

3. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

Honestly, I'm tired of Disney. I wish they'd put a few freaking original worlds in there with original characters. I know the whole Disney/FF crossover thing is the premise but still, I'm getting tired of cartoons.

4. Slycrg Destiny Islands Resident

The problem with Pixar movies is that you can't really place Heartless into their stories. Pixar has too much in depth plots that focus so much on the development of a character's persona that it would make Sora stick out like a sore thumb. We've seen this before with Tarzan (Yes I know that it's not Pixar but it's an example of a story with character development and story depth) The story ended up completely side tracking from the original and dumbed down nearly all the characters giving them no purpose but to sit there as information posts to tell you what to do next. Disney movies are easy to change simply because their plot elements can be rearranged and tweaked yet still be the same fun loving stories that we know as the originals

5. Misty gimme kiss

Well I don't really think that the major focus of visiting the other worlds is to be a guest on the sidelines of the story of the Disney worlds. You can say about very few if any movies "oh, it could have used another character." While Sora & co (or whoever you're playing as) are guests in the world, they're not really guests in the story, if you know what I mean?

Kingdom Hearts takes a lot of creative license with the Disney worlds, I don't know how much they're meant to stick to the original storylines of the movies. Just look at Wonderland, Olympus Coliseum, Atlantica (in KH1), Pride Lands, etc. It's more about working the lessons that Sora & co learn into the plots of Disney games; in Wonderland we learn about Sora as a moral character, he won't stand by and let evil happen, in Olympus Coliseum we see the fighter's spirit awaken in Sora, pretty much all of KH2's Disney worlds were making Sora realize his feelings for Kairi & how he should treat her.

In my opinion, at least, lol.

6. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

So Stitch would wonder in space and in different worlds for around twelve years before meeting Lilo? Interesting. Since we are in the topic of it, i believe that a mini game for Lilo & Stitch about catching the rest of the experiments, something like the dalmatians searching but more complex since each experiment has unique powers, could perfectly fit in a handheld KH version -although to be honest i would prefer to have such a quest on KH3 instead of let's say KH3D-, although i am not sure if catching 626 experiments would be possible in a game =/

7. P Banned

You forget; we have various ways of manipulating time. If we were to dump Stitch into the Realm of Darkness for a few of those years, it'd be easy enough to explain away. Or his ship's been going at light speed. Or, like most Disney characters, he just doesn't age.

A collection quest around the experiments is a great idea. Whether each would be a boss battle, I don't know. It'd be good fun, but possibly not quite viable. Some could be boss battles, others could be normal encounters. After obtaining them, you'd gain abilities. So Sparky, the one in BBS, would give Thunder Boost.

8. Doukuro Chaser

I have to agree with this. If Sora took a backseat in all of the worlds then it'd be kind of boring. It is his story after all.

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

HOLD IT!

*taps temple thoughtfully, stops, and grins*

Ms. Sion, I'd like to present this piece of evidence--a musical number from The Lion King!

If I can direct your attention to the segment of music from 1:29 to 1:36...

...The lyrics quite explicitly say:

"If this is where the monarchy is headed, count me out!

"Out of service, out of Africa, I wouldn't hang about!"

</aceattorney>

10. Sora_The_keyblademaster King's Apprentice

Just as many others I'd love to see Pixar - Disney worlds, I think it would be the icing on the cake

11. P Banned

But it's not a modern setting. You could quite easily say the entire thing was in an animals-only world, and no one would be any the wiser.

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

*visibly deflates*

...Shot down... ;~;

...But, hey! Hunchback was one of the best movies of the Disney Renaissance! I find it highly unlikely that it'll be left out of any future games.

13. P Banned

Wait, what were you arguing for?

14. Top-Tier Roxas. Destiny Islands Resident

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else knows, but,

Disney has recently come into ownership of Marvel Comics.

It's highly unlikely,
    but if there is a SpiderMan, Incredible Hulk, or other Marvel worlds, I'm pretty sure I'd be done with Kingdom Hearts.
    I love Marvel, I love Disney, and I love Kingdom Hearts, but that'd be terrible.

15. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

What about Iron Man?

16. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

*facepalm*

Hey, Disney also owns ESPN, has rights to Lost, Desperate Housewives and so on. Can we just already drop this Marvel nonsense?

As for the Hunchback of Notre Dame, i would prefer to see it in KH3 and not in 3DS. Don't forget people it is about the 3DS game we are talking about here.

17. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Can you drop your horrible attitude? It's honestly a fair concern, considering quite a bit of Marvel things are geared towards kids and teens, just as KH is. Not to mention that some of it could actually work in the series, unlike all of the other examples of things Disney owns you gave. Yes it's unlikely that Nomura would actually include Marvel worlds, but there is that possibility now.

Anyway.
    I wouldn't mind seeing something based on The Rescuers/Rescuers Down Under, Robin Hood, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, or Brother Bear. There have been a lot of movies that have gone under the radar of Disney, especially during the "dark age". I suppose they could also try to add more from their CGI/live action movies, since if they turn out to not go well with fans it wouldn't be disastrous to the series, since it's technically not a "main" title. At worst it'll be like Days in terms of world gameplay.

18. P Banned

Lost would make quite an interesting world. It's a secluded island, there's space for heartless in the story and it's not overly modern as a setting. It could be simplified by having the island placed in the Realm of Darkness, twisting the bloated plot around a bit.

This'd be a pretty cool world as a Pride Lands replacement. Fitting Heartless into the plot could be a bit difficult though. The brother is being possessed by heartless, and is hunting him because of it? Darkness caused the protagonist to kill the mother bear?

19. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

... lol What? Where did this came from? Have you ever looked yourself at a mirror lately? Anyway, this is so not worth it.

No. No it's not. You know why? Because initially the idea of KH was to combine "classic" or of some value Disney material with FF. Honestly, i do not understand why Marvel is being brought up every time a topic like this appears. It belongs to Disney sure, but Disney owns half of the world this far, you can't expect Nomura to put everything that Disney owns. It's like this whole Studio Ghibli thing. Disney is the distributor yet people fail to realize this and bring up the same thing over and over again.

So you are telling me that the Gremlins could not work in a KH game for a portable system? Because i fail to see how a Stitch world and a minigame based on the experiments would be a bad idea.

^This is something i would rather see in a KH3. I doubt it could work in 3DS especially considering the complexity of its universe but you never know.

20. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Please, try to maintain a peaceful envoirement. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you don't like it, or digress, try to do so in a respectful manner. It doesn't matter if you're Staff, Premium or Normal, this rule still stands. For everyone.

So, please refrain from insults and harsh disagreements. Thank you very much.