Kingdom Hearts III What new characters would you like to see in KH3?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Key of Awakening, Jul 29, 2013.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I don't want to see a Final Fantasy character with a Keyblade. Keyblades are a KH thing. There are only two Disney characters that wield Keyblades, and they're Mickey and Yen Sid, both of whom are crucial to the KH story. Heck, we haven't even seen Yen Sid wield! Aside from them, the only Keyblade wielders have been original KH characters. I just feel like it would take away from KH's special-ness and uniqueness to start giving its signature weapon away to FF characters.

/inb4 lighning gets a keyblade and @Misty hangs herself

2. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

But Kingdom Hearts is suppose to be a cross-over between Final Fantasy and Disney. Disney has already been integrated deeply into the Kingdom Hearts story-line while Final Fantasy has not. I mean seriously the last FF character to join this series was back in BBS! Plus, if Final Fantasy has a character who obtains a keyblade it would add at least give them a few points in being integral to the story.
    I mean I like Kingdom Hearts and all but it has become too Disney orientated.

3. Twero Traverse Town Homebody

Althought it's possible, I like to see that KH story-line is solid by itself. The Disney characters rarely goes out of their worlds, and the FF are always in a Origina KH World, aside Cloud and Auron, and they never wield a Keyblade.

But, at least, you have Leon holding the Kingdom Key for a for a few moments in the very first game.

4. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Dude, have we been playing the same game? Seriously, I mean Disney characters go to a crap-load of worlds. I mean have you not seen how many Disney characters have left their own world? If you make a list of those characters there will probably be more Disney characters than there are FF characters in all of Kingdom Hearts.

I mean you have: Mickey, Donald, Donald's nephews, Goofy, Jiminiy, Pluto, Gepetto, Pinocchio, all of the Disney villains from KH1, Pete, possibly Yen Sid,etc.

Anyway the point is these list of characters prove that both Disney and Final Fantasy are not solid equals (they are far from equals)when it comes to how they integrated into the story. I know you would like to see the series solid by itself but that would be impossible without the Disney figures in play...

5. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I'd like to see some non-Final Fantasy SE characters. Mostly because I'm playing Bravely Default right now and it's glorious, but also because It would just be really, really nice to see some.

6. Twero Traverse Town Homebody

Specially the first one, heck, even Belle and Beast are outside their worlds.

But still, they don't influence in the story as much as the original characters, and even less the Final Fantasy ones. Heck, in KH 3D we didn't have a single FF character aside the Moogle.
    What I'm trying to say is that Keyblade is a main-element in the KH story, and it's onyl talked about it between a few characters from FF and Disney universes, in the final segments, we barely see the characters we met in the worlds, got it?

7. Dr.M Merlin's Housekeeper

Tarzan again

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

That's not going to happen, sadly.

9. Dr.M Merlin's Housekeeper

I can dream can't I?

10. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Dude, you kind of added to my point as to why we need more Final Fantasy in Kingdom Hearts
    • No FF characters in KH3D
    • Keyblades are a main part of the story yet no FF characters wield one.
    • Order of importance to the story: Original KH characters>Disney Characters> FF characters
    Now first off the main storyline of Kingdom Hearts takes place across many different original KH worlds AS WELL AS DISNEY WORLDS. This proves that Disney is bigger part of the KH world since there are no FF worlds whatsoever in KH. Sure there are hub worlds but they don't allow the player to play through the FF storyline.

On top of that, buddy there are still Disney characters in the final segments of KH. I mean there's characters like King Mickey, Jiminiy, Donald, Goofy, and even Yen Sid. And all 5 of those characters are an integral part of the story plus we actually visit some of these character's worlds and they still end up important in the end.

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

...Not... exactly? It may have started off that way, but now the two properties have roughly equal billing with all the original characters. They have their own identity, similar to yet distinct from the others.

12. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Roughly equal? Dude how the hell is FF on equal footing with Disney when it comes to Kingdom hearts?!

13. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Because their worlds and characters matter more to the plot than most of the Disney worlds/characters combined. Quality is a match for quantity.

14. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

I seriously doubt that...
    I mean are you telling me that the Disney villians, Mickey, Yen Sid, and all of the those who originated from Disney Castle (Donald, Goofy, and even Minnie) are all less important to the story than say Leon and his committee?

15. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Mickey and Yen Sid aren't actually affiliated with the Disney worlds though. Maleficent's a better case, but in that case there's still Cid, Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, and Cloud to consider.

16. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

Buddy I'm comparing ALL of Disney to ALL of Final Fantasy. I just don't stop the comparison at the worlds. So yeah Mickey and Yen Sid are included. On top of that both Yen Sid and Mickey are both keyblade wielders and keyblade masters. How many wielders does Final Fantasy even have? Zero.

Face it Final Fantasy is very minuscule in the KH universe. I mean the last one to show up was back in BBS while Disney has had new Disney worlds and characters with just about each new game. Diseny has also had more of it's characters actually become integral to the plot such as Donald and Goofy. Sure they have characters like Cloud, Cid, Leon, Aerith, and Yuffie but do they contribute more to the KH plot more than Disney itself? Besides wielding a keyblade, did any of them ever meet Terra, Ven, or Aqua? Did any of them ever help seal the Door to Darkness? Did any of them become an actual party member to Sora and traveled with him to each new Disney world? Were any of them friends with Eraqus? Do they any of them even know who Master Xehanort is?!

On a side note think about why Leon and his gang didn't even show up in BBS despite the fact that they were suppose to be living their as kids.

17. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

That's fine, but what I'm saying is KH takes so many liberties with their traits and roles in the story that they effectively have more in common with the unique, KH-exclusive cast than any Disney offshoot. The difference is plain to see in worlds where another version of Mickey appears, such as Timeless River or Symphony of Sorcery.

18. ReverofEnola King's Apprentice

So those 5 or 6 FF characters have more in common with the KH cast than the Disney characters who wield keyblades, participate in the opening and ending credits of KH, helped fight against all forms of MX (have any of those FF characters even seen a Xehanort?)

Dude think this over again. I mean I know you stated "quality over quantity" but the FF cast's quality to the story is quite small when compared to Disney's. On top of that do you really believe that most of the FF cast has more to relate to the KH cast than Disney? Give me some examples and tell me how they can beat the countless liberties and adjustments each Disney character needs to take in order to be counted in the KH universe.

19. Hissora ahurhurhur.

Dude I wanna see some new Disney characters pop up, at least as summons. I mean 3DS they brought in some new good characters but it can hurt for more.

As for the FF characters... I never felt as if they were really necessary even though Its a SE game...

20. Brandon Gibbs Moogle Assistant

I wonder if those KH people saw my Sofia idea on here? What it could be is a mini game world like how winnie the pooh was in KH1 & KH2 also how The little mermaid world was in KH2. Seeing Sora bond with Sofia could be interesting cause they both have big hearts.:)

Attached Files: