What medals to keep? Medal Tiers?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ' started by Mixt, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Mixt The dude that does the thing

So I dusted off KHUX, and I feel like I'm liking it more than I remember but I've got no idea what I'm doing with medals. I spent a while pushing the issue aside by combining like 3+ star medals and selling Moogles, but I'm just out of space. I need to actually make decisions on what is going to get EXP, upgrade, and evolution medals; vs what is just junk. Unlike most of these freemium CCGs it's not just a matter of looking at rarity caps because it looks like everything goes up to 6 stars, but it's also clear that not everything is created equal.

The anniversary event's draw advertises iKH2 Kairi as "Tier 5" but I can't find information on what that actually means. Could that be a useful metric for filtering medals? Is it just their way of saying she comes with 5 of those upgrade dots? I've got nothing.

tl;dr. How do you guys decide what is trash or treasure?

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Tiers refer to how much of a special attack bonus a medal gets. There are currently five tiers in the game, with more coming down the line:
    • Tier 1: 10-25%
    • Tier 2: 20-50%
    • Tier 3: 40-100%
    • Tier 4: 60-130%
    • Tier 5: 80-150%
    You can tell which tier a medal is by the little swirl icon next to the special attack bonus dots on a 6* medal. Up until Tier 5, the tier roughly corresponds with the number of spikes jutting out from the icon. Naturally, the higher the tier, the more appealing it is.

As far as how I personally decide? If you can farm the medal during story missions, don't use it (unless you have no better options). I keep around enough of the farmables to max out the special attack bonus on one copy, and once I've done that, I sell the rest of the copies. I personally don't like to use single-target medals, either, though some have their uses.

3. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Ah, so the tier is the guilt ranking. The thought had occurred to me, but I thought her symbol was a 3 and dismissed it.

And as I figured, it will take some let work to sort out. Farmables tend to make sense to toss first, because on the rare chance they're good you can get them back easily. I just need to look up what medals are actually farmables. With my play history being so sporadic it's hard to say if I have a lot of a medal because its common, or because an event was handing them out.