What languages can you speak fluently?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by i <3 poptarts, Jun 2, 2009.

1. jafar custom title

you speak spanish? are you mexican?

2. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

My native language is Norwegian, and because of the similarities between the three Scandinavian languages, I know Swedish and Danish as well. Obviously I know English, and I also know some Spanish. I can understand some German and French, but not really speak it.

3. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I speak English and my native language, Filipino.
    I can also speak a bit of Spanish since it is taught in our school.

I wish I could speak other languages though, like Japanese, Korean, French or German...

4. Mysty Unknown

No way bro. He's from Nicaragua.

5. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Mia Bella! J'adore.

I can fake a bit of Italian, Spanish, French, Mandarin, and maybe German. I like languages but unless I have a passion for them or a realm to learn then I can't commit to them.

6. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

English, french, and a bit of chinese.
    it's been years since I took Chinese though...

7. Daenerys Targaryen ok

I am only fluent in English. I've taken German for a couple years, but my teacher doesn't teach at all so I really only know fragments of the language. Like literally she should get fired. I know fragments of Italian from my family and playing Assassin's Creed

I'd really like to be fluent in Italian and French one day. So beauteous~

8. Kites Chaser

i'm fluent in english and russian, semi-fluent in japanese (meaning i still am learning kanji but understand/can speak it pretty well though i haven't been in japan in a few years so things are a bit fuzzy) and in the process of learning italian since I'm part italian as well on my mother's side. i'd also like to learn korean perhaps and maaaaaaybe french or swedish idk.

9. Daxa~ #stalker

I speak English, and read and write in English.
    Know a lot of Irish, can speak it fairly well, but am a lot worse at writing/reading it. Confusing language it is. Been learning it since I was....4/5. Yesh.
    Have been learning French for the past three years, so I know a bit of French. Can speak it well enough, and am decent at reading. Writing however, oh no.
    And I know random words/phrases in Japenese that I like to throw into conversations. And songs. Many songs in Japenese, although I am not sure what half the words in them mean. Does not stop me from singing them.

10. Going Down In Flames2001 Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm fluent in english ,cause i'm english =P
    I'm also fluent in Srench, Spanish, Chinese, and Japanease

11. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I am fluent when it comes to both reading and writing in English. I can speak just enough Spanish to get by, but writing it is out of my league. I know a few words and phrases in French (allons-y!), Italian (molto bene) and Japanese (baka, daisuki, etc.) that I've picked up through watching far too much Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes and Vocaloid. I'd love to learn Japanese completely (I've tried before, but that damn kanji) if I ever got the chance.

12. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

I speak fluent English and and can also speak French though isn't as fluent as I would of hoped. Still learning and practising though.

Languages I would like to learn would be either Japanese or Urdu.

13. miaulement Traverse Town Homebody

I speak English fluently. I'm also slowly learning Spanish, but I'm no where near fluent in it yet.

14. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Given your complex and in-depth grasp of English, I must assume you are also fluent in those others.

I am exceptionally fluent in English but no others. I really should learn another language sometime, for the culture if nothing else.

15. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i only speak English fluently. i speak a little bit of Chinese (what's weird is that i can seem to understand what's spoken to me but can't respond to people) and a can understand some Spanish. i do want to speak another language fluently just so that i wouldn't be a self centered American though.

16. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Fluent in English and that's about it. I know the very basics of French and a few words of Italian but it's not much. I also taught myself the runic alphabet (or one version of it). I would love to learn a language but I'm rubbish at pronunciation (even in English) and languages really aren't my strong suit.

17. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

I speak English of course, descent Spanish, and i want to learn either Japanese or Latin.

18. Yozora Archer

Yeah Im Mexican chinga su puta madre. (I don't talk like that lol)

And since people are saying they are fluent on shiet..... Im fluent in both English and Spanish.

19. ExTeRi0R HD Moogle Assistant

Coming from a Polish background, Polish has been one that I have been forced to learn; not the most fun.

English is my main, and French is a secondary.

20. Misty gimme kiss

I speak English, obviously. I don't think my speaking is as good as my writing--I often have trouble pronouncing things?--but I'm going to be taking a lot of public speaking/communication classes in the future, so hopefully it will improve. I took Spanish for a few years as a High School requirement but I don't think I was ever great at it. I dropped it after junior year.