What languages can you speak fluently?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by i <3 poptarts, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Crimson Merlin's Housekeeper

Welluh. Finnish is my native language, so that's a definite fluently spoken one. I've been studying English for about 11 years now, and become quite decent at it as well. I can speak Swedish and German too, but I'm nowhere near fluent when it comes to those two. I have a tendency to forget words easily. :B

2. Patman Bof

Je parle assez bien le Français. Je prends des cours depuis maintenant quatre ans et j' adore cette langue. Quand j' aurais fini de lire "Les Misérables" en Anglais je le lirais peut-être en Français. Je fais des erreurs de temps en temps mais c' est pas grave. Je pense maîtriser la langue suffisamment pour aller habiter à Montréal.

Fixed ! ^^
    But don' t worry, you seem to speak French well enough to make your point.

I' m French, I' m comfortable enough with English to come here on this forum and I understand Spanish (I suck at speaking it though).

3. Bubble Master Califa Hollow Bastion Committee

If you're properly learning it full on with a tutor and everything it will test your love of the language and culture.

I discovered I HATED it after a year of learning. Homework was laborious, things were overwhelming and my teacher intimidated me. You have be programmed for the difficult art of learning other languages long term to survive it. I can still understand the odd word and read hiragana and katakana and five or so kanji but in the end I genuinely can't watch anime anymore without looking at as stupid kiddy pidgin Japanese thanks to that.

I did spanish for five years but it was basic level stuff repeated every year (teachers are so good at this) possibly due to the first two years were in primary school and that was rehashed in secondary school but I didn't go further than describing a house. I can barely do a greeting.

4. Elena. Moogle Assistant

Well I speak English and Greek!!!!!

Καλο Πασχα!

I also speak French (from school) and Japanese a little(from my friend and anime)!!!!

5. Depakikh Moogle Assistant

i know english and greek!
    Καλο πασχα κι σε εσενα :P
    and a little japanese (from animes :P )

6. C This silence is mine

Norwegian, English and I can pretend to speak Swedish and Danish though it's not really that accurate. Can understand both though.

7. Spike H E R O

I speak English, French, and Greek. Went to schools for all 3, and I speak each one as often as the other. Thinkin' of going for Italian lessons next semester.

8. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Let's see... I'm pretty well versed in English and Spanish. I can barely understand Japanese, but my Italian is pretty awesome if I do say so myself. I wanted to try to learn Latin for the hell of it, but I'm not too sure about knowing a useless language...

9. In explicit Angst Gummi Ship Junkie

Fluently I can only speak English and Finnish. I fail at Swedish but know the basics.

10. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

I can only speak fluent English and German, but I'm taking French classes.

11. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I can only speak English fluently but I am currently studying GCSE German so I can speak that quite well. Hmm, well enough to hold a conversation in a speaking exam about random topics. I enjoy being able to speak another language but it's a lot of work and I cannot wait for it to be over next monday (my last German exam).

Also, mache ich nicht Deutsch geniessen aber ich musse es lernen. Ich wurde sehr glucklich nachstes Montag sein weil ich Deutsch finische! Obwohl, nachstes Jahr, wurde ich Austria fahren und meine Eltern sind auf mich angewiesen zu spreche mit die Leute.

(so, I do not enjoy german but I must learn it. I will be very happy next monday because I will finish German! Although, next year, I am going to Austria and my parents are relying on me to talk with the people.)

12. Saxima [screams geometrically]

The only language I can fluently speak is English.

Pero mi espanol no es tan malo en absoluto. Pordrias llamar a un profesional. (:

E poi c'e il mio italiano. In realta e divertente, se ci pensate, sono ispanici, ma il mio italiano - che e una piccola parte del mio patrimonio - e meglio che il mio spagnolo. XD
    Poi di nuovo, l'inglese e la mia lingua piu forte. Eh, come e la vita. DX

EDIT: I just realized I've already posted in this thread... Oh well, I be showin off mah liguni skillz. >_>

13. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Officially, I am fluent in English and Sarcasm. (Y)

Example of English: Hello, how are you? XD

Example of Sarcasm: (Well... the first part of this post was actually sarcastic in it's own way, so that can be the example here.)

14. Kayate King's Apprentice

I am fluent in 'Murican, like all good 'Muricans.

Example: MONSTER TRUCKS. WRESTLING IS REAL YOU B*TCH. OMNOMNOM MCDONALD'S
    [/stereotypes]

15. Amaury Legendary Hero

Spanish is my native language. However, I forgot a lot of it when we came from Mexico and I learned English.

So, anyway, I can speak English fluently. Also, considering I've had first year Spanish and second year Spanish so far, my Spanish is decent.

16. Plums Wakanda Forever

Well, I've taken Latin for about four years. I can speak it just fine (as in reading or repeating a sentence), but when it comes to holding a conversation with someone else in it, I only know a few phrases. :/

...and most of them are insults.

Other than that, yeah, English is my native language.

17. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

I speak English and Norwegian fluently, and Swedish and Danish shouldn't be a problem though I'm not as good in them.
    I am currently working on mastering Japanese, and I have previously tried French though that is long forgotten x).

18. Rhiscx Banned

I speak english, but I've also taken classes for Spanish and Latin. I also know a little japanese, but just small stuff.

19. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

I know those lyrics its still waiting by Sum41

I speak english and i'm currently learning japanese. So sayonara

20. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Well I speak English . . . I know some Japanese (watching anime) . . . I know a little Spanish . . .
    I speak body language fluently, that's why you would want me on your charade team. ^_^