What is your favorite kh opening?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by benjizz, Apr 2, 2013.

1. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

it can be stuff like coded aswell which doesn t have a cgi opening. And explain why?

2. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

To me it's Kingdom Hearts II. I just like how it sums up the previous two games very (I stress VERY) briefly but in a cool way. I especially liked the Chain of Memories parts in it, you gotta admit that it was very impressive at least the first time you saw it.

3. Krowley Moderator

In the entirety of the franchise, only 2 songs have been used, with one orchestral rendition.
    To be frank, I love them all. Even Re:CoM, Coded and Days with their rehashed cutscenes.
    Though I do think I favor KH2, BBS, and KH3D above the others. (One for each theme used)

4. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Yea the kh 2 opening ideed quite impressive but you could say the same for the 3D opening which pretty much summed up everything

5. A Zebra Chaser

KH2
    dat hand drawn animation

6. 61 No. B

DDD

It would have been KH2 before DDD came out, and part of me still wants to say KH2, but DDD.

The cg is just so good. It's by far the best yet, and it's so nice to see things that hadn't previously been in cg, like Xemnas, be animated in glorious hd cg. It's also just the coolest because it's like KH2 in that it's a summary, only a summary of the whole series so far in a way. And seeing all of the protagonists at the end standing together just gets me all kinds of excited.

The only downside though is that it doesn't have a song. It's just the orchestra version of Simple and Clean.

I really wish Square had used Sanctuary for the song. I don't know why but they seem to hate that song, it never gets used.

7. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

KH2. It sums up the the story very well and also had fabulous animation. And of course, Sanctuary.

8. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah, Dream Drop Distance is my second favorite.

9. CloudStrife2k9 Twilight Town Denizen

Ahh, I want to say KH2, but I'm going to say Dream Drop Distance. It just barely beats KH2, but... it does so yeah.

Winner: 3DD.

gg.

10. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

My favorite opening is kh2 and dream drop distance is a close 2nd

11. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

DDD opening. I love how it sums up all of the recent games (not counting HD 1.5 REMIX) in an awesome way! :)

12. Light-Rune Maven Seer

All of them, duh. :) Self explanatory.

13. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

O_o Why didn't I think of that?! XD

14. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Ah yes, choosing a favorite Opening theme. This is rather hard because they are all so fabulous! If I was forced to choose one, I'd say the one from Re: Chain of Memories.

15. Mysty Unknown

Birth by Sleep. I won't give my reasoning. I just like it more.

16. Barakon-King Traverse Town Homebody

The original Kingdom Hearts opening was amazing to me. Simple and Clean made that whole intro for me. I read the manual and learned the lyrics and sang along. It was a fun time.

17. Silent Wings Destiny Islands Resident

It's a tie between the KH1 and the KH2 for me.

The intro music in KH1 is what I love about the opening, but Kh2 was twice as cool for introducing a popin' song AND tying up the past two games nicely in one scence.

18. Misty gimme kiss

I really don't think I could choose.

I love the original Kingdom Hearts's because it was very symbolic--Sora reaching out to Riku but being separated by the water, I think, symbolizes not just darkness driving them apart but also their quest to rescue Kairi (water). Then, Sora running towards Kairi on the shore but falling away symbolizes fate, I think--part of Sora wants to just be at home with his friends, but duty and destiny will always pull him away. The doves on Sora's station of awakening I would say stand for the purity of his heart. I really like this one, lol. The animation is starting to look a little dated, though, especially next to the later opening sequences.

I am fond of Kingdom Hearts II's for one because it uses Passion, I love Hikari/Simple & Clean but they start to feel tired after a while. I also think it makes a gorgeous summary of the past two games and has a lovely animation style. I adore the transitions between the scenes, also, even if the size of Naminé's head drives me bonkers.

Birth by Sleep's reuses a lot of KHIIFM+'s secret ending (also named Birth by Sleep), which bothers me, but I think it flows beautifully.

Dream Drop Distance's is really nice but something about the animation bugs me in places. It looks sometimes like plastic.

19. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I've never played KH3D, but it's opening is my favorite. I just loved how it put together every game in the series (minus coded).

20. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Yes finally somrone who likes a non cgi opening. I would say my fave was Kh2 intro opening there is something calm abd soothing about it :)
    I agree with you for the most part here(especiall the namine head like seriously wtf?).But i don t really agree with opithe bbs opening about using some of the secret ending scene.I don t know about you but i found the fact that they used the scenes shows really the struggle they all three went throughas in my opinion the bbs zending really foreshadows the game . As for symbolic terms one i figuredi quite recently is the way towards how we see terra turning into his badass darkmode which then results him falling into darkness,we then see him sort of forming into Aqua which symbolizes how she took hisplace in the realm of darkness THEN after we see riku and soras keyblades breaking ventus station to then reveal Ventus in what appears to be his sleeping form.Which could be symbolizing how sora and riku will save him