What is Kingdom Hearts(the heart of all worlds)?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by RikuNotRikku, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RikuNotRikku Destiny Islands Resident

There is a lot of uncertainty when it comes to Kingdom hearts. What is the difference between The KH of worlds and the KH of Man? How could the Org use it to become complete? Was it a fake? I wish to disscus this with all of you. Here's what I think so far:

In secret report XIII or somewhere, Nomura said that Ansem, seeker of Darkness went around capturing worlds with the heartless. Kingdom hearts of worlds was one of them. This leans towards that kingdom hearts being real.

This is how I explain Kingdom hearts of worlds: The heart of each world is the culmination of all things living in that world. Kingdom hearts of worlds is the culmination of the world's hearts. This is why it is called "the heart of all worlds."

As for the Kingdom hearts of Man, it seems to me that when a heart is released from a heartless, and that heart's body became a nobody, the heart waits in suspension, but it doesn't say were. It is just probably where ever they are at the time, unless they're moved.

It seems to me that the kingdom heart of man is not artificially, yet doesn't occur naturally. When large amounts of hearts are brought together, it seems that is in their nature to join together and form a large heart, like the kingdom hearts of worlds.

It seems that the organization was warping hearts using the darkness into TWTNW, were they joined together. There are a few reasons I think they used the darkness to gather the hearts. First of all, one time it shows hearts rising up and they are engulfed by darkness and disappear. Also, when you beat the cursed boss with the medallions, the second time through
    Port Royal, the boss' heart goes towards Luxord's hand, and he makes it disappear in darkness. This shows that it is all the organization’s doing, and doesn't naturally happen.

Xaldin said, in Beast's castle, something like, "Only when Kingdom hearts is complete will can we truly, finally exist. We always knew it was part of their plan to become whole again, but it was always unclear how.

If a nobody dies after their hearts are freed from the heartless, then they could possibly be complete, but it is unknown whether or not they knew that or not.

It is possible that if they capture a heart of someone who wasn't turned into a nobody, they would just go back to their body (like they usually do) and not merge with their Kingdom Hearts. This would mean that the Kingdom hearts of Man would be entirely made up of Nobodies' former hearts.

That could be it, but then it would be hard to know when it was "complete" or not since they would need specific hearts. It seems it might be more complex than that. I am missing something.

One thing that I'd like to point out:

After KH of man explodes, hearts fall on a bunch of nobodies, and they are dancing. they don't become whole or disappear, at least not that we see.

2. shingo_the_pest Destiny Islands Resident

Thank you for compiling information on theories of what Kingdom Hearts is.

I'm not sure what I can say about the KH of man or the KH of worlds that you haven't already said. They could be the same thing, since the KH of worlds would also contain the hearts of everyone from that world. The Kingdom Hearts of worlds may have grown at a quicker rate, since large world hearts made up of all the citizens of a world could add up more quickly than just hunting down individual hearts.

What was the Kingdom Hearts that Baldy created? We're told that it's not a true Kingdom Hearts.

We don't see Baldy take hearts or any type of essence from any of the knights. It's his keyblade that transforms, and creates what may be the first step towards a KH. So perhaps this KH is made up of keyblades. This would make it a new type of Kingdom Hearts, not based on hearts. Kingdom of Keys? A giant power focusing device?

Or perhaps Baldy was holding hearts, or one very big heart, in his keyblade. The world they're battling is a barren desert, with all the life sucked out of it. Perhaps Baldy had (most of) the heart of this world, and the blue KH is the first step towards a Kingdom Hearts of worlds.

In the latest interview, Nomura say that as many keyblades exist as there are hearts that can weild them. Hearts that can create a keyblade are not an everyday thing. (Making it all the more odd that Sora, Riku, and Kairi come to live on the same world.) The shear amount of keyblade on the battlefeild is shocking! Remember how you felt when you first saw that scene? Seeing that many keyblades makes me wonder if this world is huge and/or extremely old. It doesn't seem like just any world, but THE world, the one that existed before everything split.

3. RikuNotRikku Destiny Islands Resident

Yes, I've heard people say that the kingdom hearts in the video isn't real. Could you please give me a link or tell me what interview it's from?

A Kh of Keyblades? Hmm, good idea. Just as Kh is said to be the source of all hearts, It is the source of all keyblades. When someone has a qualified heart, it is what creates them.

When keyblade user dies, their keyblade would go back to That KH. But it looks to me like it was sealed, probably because, if found, someone could take from it ultimate power. It also explains why all the keyblades are there. After it was sealed, the old keybaldes were put under it, since it would be where they should have gone. This explains why they were all sticking out of the ground and why there were no bodies/bones.

About what you said about it being the world. I remember XH talking about 'the current world' that they were in like it was supreme or something. Did there used to be only one big world? I don't remember.

4. Kanji Traverse Town Homebody

Well if there was one world in the beginning, it was probably Kingdom Hearts, since all hearts come from it, including those of worlds.

I wonder...is there a place where keyblades all wait and choose a heart once it becomes worthy, or is a keyblade created each time a heart becomes worthy ? The keyblades in the secret ending linger even though their masters are not here : that probably means something important. My guess would be that Baldy's making them remain, because he's using their power for whatever goal he has.

In my opinion there is one true, natural Kingdom Hearts, which is the place where all hearts come from and to which they return after their shell dies. XH was collecting the hearts of the worlds and Xemnas the hearts of the people, but both were searching for the same thing : a pathway into the real Kingdom Hearts, which is a source of tremendous power, since it contains so many hearts. Baldy is probably doing the same thing : he's building a fake, artificial Kingdom Hearts from the powers of the keyblades in order to obtain the real Kingdom Hearts.

However, if in both games Sora and co. seem to have witnessed or entered the true Kingdom Hearts, it's never been made clear.

In KH1 it had the aspect of a gigantic door in the void : once opened, it released a flash of light, probably coming from the hearts in it. But then, on the other side of the door we saw the realm of darkness.

In KH2 the Huge Door Strikes Back (imagine Xemnas saying : "Sora...I...am your father" the worst is that the voice fits, and seeing as Terra is from the past and seems linked to Sora and Xemnas...could it be possible ? Nevermind), and again what we see on the other side is weird : it's essentially some buildings which Mansex enjoys throwing at you, a colorful void, and a black and white inconsistent dance floor where Mansew plays Mr. Zebra...why not ? But the problem is, once it's all over, Sora and Riku find themselves in the realm of darkness again, near the border with the realm of light.

So what is Kingdom Hearts ? Is it only a door ? It's obvious there's more to it than we've seen, but so far there's only a big door, some light and weird void spaces that seem to be linked to the realm of darkness.

5. Saroather Moogle Assistant

I can't say anymore than that.but I heard some where(I think it's an interview) that when a nobody 'return to the darkness' It will join with its heart(ofcourse,its heart must be release from being a heartless)so organization can just made a KH of man from any heart.And,Do you remember The story of an old world that Kairi's grandmother told us?It's about an originalworldoflight before it's broke into an every world that we know and not know.maybe the baldy is the one that broke it and the secret movie show that moment(well...almost)

6. RikuNotRikku Destiny Islands Resident

Oh yes, the fairy tale. I don't remember is it talked about seperation of the worlds, but if it did, it probably is a telling of the knights.

Also, I'm not sure what is with the giant doors we keep seeing. I did notice that the stained glass at the top of the door is in the shape of a dusk's 'mouth opening' (like Vivi's hat).

I would also like to note that you go though a door every time at the end of the game (at the point you can no longer turn back).

just what are these doors supost to represent?

7. Thi is probably the most hardest question of all in the whole series.

I'm not even going to bother to hurt my brain and try to think it over that particular subjet.

KH better end with us knowing though.

8. Ilikekeyblades Merlin's Housekeeper

About the thing that the nobodies are "dancing"... I belive they are trying to catch the hearts because, if its his own heart, they'll become human again.

9. Kanji Traverse Town Homebody

The doors represent the crossing of the point of no return, as well as growth, entering the wide, hostile world of the adult. Destiny Islands represented the safe but narrow state of childhood, and it was destroyed and the characters cast out with Riku opening the door. Sora's will to enter the final door even though he knows he can't come back shows his growth and his gaining self-confidence...growing into the role of the hero, in a way. The theme of growth is really interesting in KH, but it's not the point of this topic.

I'm afraid TwilightNight's right (wow, that was some rhyming), even though I think I'll keep discussing this matter.

10. Thanatopsis Moogle Assistant

When the door appears in KHII, Mickey says that "The worlds" opened it for them. So, KH contained world hearts.

KH of man/world theories FAIL

Kingdom Hearts is the heart of all worlds. It is where all hearts are born and also end. (Which also disproves KH of man/world theory) It is the great heart, I believe Maleficent calls it.

The door to darkness is the equivalence to a keyhole for Kingdom Hearts. All the world keyholes don't lead to the heart of that world, they unlock/lock the door that does. As evident in Another Report, the Ansem reports, and the door at Destiny Islands.

11. RikuNotRikku Destiny Islands Resident

Wow, good point. I guess that's why the little cave with the door leading to the last boss in KH1 looked so much like the cave back on the island. It was to clearly show that he had to step away from his childhood.

I don't know. I really think there is a difference between the Kh in kh1 and what we saw in kh2.

I'm not sure if Kingdom Hearts is were all hearts are born and also end. I mean, look who told us that: Xehanort's Heartless. Wasn't he the one who also said his name was Ansem and the heart's true nature is darkness? He has bad sources or he is a big fat liar.

If the Kingdom Hearts we see in Kh2 is the same as the one from kh1, how could they have used it to be complete and why did they have to 'build it?'

Also, just because all the world's hearts made the door doesn't mean they were in Kingdom hearts. If they were, then they wouldn't be hearts of worlds, since they were not in the center of worlds.

12. Thanatopsis Moogle Assistant

The Organization couldn't access Kingdom Hearts without the Princesses. So they just decided to build their own. The way I see it, whichever heart is the biggest at any given time becomes KH. The KH we saw in the first game was sealed away; that's why they just didn't use it after Xehanort gathered the Princesses.

You have a valid point on Xehanort being wrong about things, but we do actually see in KHII that KH is where the hearts end.

Although the worlds that made the door didn't have to be in KH, the door was the door to darkness, an object with a strong connection to KH, implying that KH was involved in it appearing.

13. RikuNotRikku Destiny Islands Resident

One thing though, in Secret report XIII, Nomura said that the fact that all the hearts went to the organisation was peculiar. They nomaly just go back to their bodies.

Also, this might sound supid, but I just can't remember.

The princess hearts were gathered to open the Door to darkness. Was this only to flood darkness on the world, or did it have something to do with optaining Kingdom Hearts?

14. Thanatopsis Moogle Assistant

Xehanort believed KH to be darkness.

So, yeah, just to flood darkness.

My theory on how the Organization acquired its hearts for KH;
    I think that they took the bodies of those who became Heartless, and forced them to undergo the transformation to be a Nobody. They became the lesser Nobodies. So, when the heart tried to return to its body, it isn't there and the hearts go into stasis.

This explains why lesser Nobodies seem tailored to the different Org. members.

15. shingo_the_pest Destiny Islands Resident

I couldn’t find the interview that said “the kingdom hearts in the video isn't real”, and I don’t have a direct memory of reading it myself, so I’m no longer going to claim that that KH wasn't a real KH.

Thank you Saro, that's exactly what I was talking about! This is the story Kairi's Grandmother (or Nanny) tells Kairi in a Hollow Bastion flashback.

Long ago, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light.
    Everyone loved the light.
    Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves.
    And darkness was born in their hearts.
    The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many people's hearts.
    It covered everything, and the world disappeared.
    But small fragments of light survived...
    in the hearts of children.
    With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world.
    It's the world we live in now.
    But the true light sleeps, deep within the darkness.
    That's why the worlds are still scattered,
    divided from each other.
    But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will open.
    And the true light will return.
    So, listen, child. Even in the deepest darkness,
    there will always be a light to guide you.
    Believe in the light, and the darkness will never defeat you.
    Your heart will shine with its power and push the darkness away.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBMKadabca0)

The story tells of a world that disappears and then became the one that exists today. But the most suggestive line in here is “That's why the worlds are still scattered” …as if they could be just one world. Or they used to be.

The world where the knights fight looks like a desert, with no life. What if this is a dying world?

I think the true Kingdom Hearts is the closest thing we can get to one having one true world again. But it’s not a world, it’s a bunch of hearts without matter. And the World That Never was, see how HUGE it was compared to the rest of the worlds? You can tell when you look at the world map. Perhaps that was the bodies/matter of destroyed worlds coming back together.

(If Terra and Ven were brothers…and Terra was Sora’s father…then it would make sense that Sora looks like Ven…with brown hair…it would explain the light sabers…)

16. RikuNotRikku Destiny Islands Resident

Ya, thats true. Each nobody looks like it has a connection to an org member.

Ex. Dragoon-Xaldin
    Gambler-Luxord
    Sniper-Xigbar
    ect

I'm not sure if you can force someone to become a nobody, but it's a possiblility

Thanks for posting the story, I had forgotten what it said. If there was only one world... Then wouldn't it's heart have been kingdom hearts?

So the true kingdom hearts was the heart of the big world. When it split, it became 'the heart of all worlds,' since all the worlds are from the big world. It is like it is still the heart of that world, but it's world is in many different peices.

17. shingo_the_pest Destiny Islands Resident

Yes! If Terra was from the original world, Xehanort could have an inherited desire to see the heart of that world whole again.

What if Baldy summoned the heart of the original world so that he could split it? That could have been a noble action if the world was dying. A chance for rebirth.

18. Thanatopsis Moogle Assistant

The theory I was most fond of is that the realm of darkness/TWTNW is what is left of the original realm of light. That's what the story alludes to.

And Nomura mentioned that KH being blue instead of yellow in the secret ending was important.

19. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

I geuss you can say it's either a door to the realm of darkness or a heart-shaped moon at The World that Never Was that gets bigger when heartless are slain. I say either of those are a good description of Kingdom Hearts, but I am a bit dissapointed that Tatsuya Namora didn't explain Kingdom Hearts that well in KH2.

BTW, dosen't this belong in the KH1 or KH2 section?

20. RikuNotRikku Destiny Islands Resident

Maybe, but we are making theories, and it just easier to put them all in this section. I, for one, barley ever visit the KH1 and KH2 sections. If I hadn't made this thread, i would have missed out on disscussing in it.

Additionally, it leads back to wondering what the dessert world was and the kingdom hearts that was blue.

Yes, he did say the fact that it was blue was important. I think we should disscuss this thorally now.

It could be that he was transfering the heart from inside the giant world outside, which would cause it to break apart?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.