Site News What happened yesterday

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Sara, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

Its all good, i'd rather the site shut for a day, then a bug popping up. Thanks for looking out for us.

2. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Well better shut the forum down to be sure than to have everyone pick up a virus.

I feel the staff was in the right.

3. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Nice looking out, Sara. =D

4. EvilMan_89 Code Master

btw, something i'm wondering, what made u think there was a virus in the first place?:confused:

5. Sara Tea Drinker

A member was complaining about a link appearing in his posts. Roxasvs.Riku and Arc thought it was a leech ad, leading to a virus coming through the site via those links and infecting them and damaging the forum. So we closed the forum.

6. EvilMan_89 Code Master

oh wow, that's wierd. but that was a good call, if that happened to me, i would probably just would've dismiss it as nothing

7. Alex C: Kingdom Keeper

Oh I was wondering why. Thanks Sara! ^_^ And by the way it's Arc and I. . . . kidding... dont warn me. D=

8. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Like I said before, the link led to a download file the attacked the user's hard drive. The bug was created to cause system crashes and boot failures. It was possible to still pick up the adware, but only by actually clicking on the infected link. The forum was never infected, only Xadllas (who I haven't seen since the incident...) appeared to pick up this nasty bug. I'm going to contact him to make sure he is ok... sorry again folks.

9. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

Most definately!!! I really think no apology is even needed; thanks for looking out for us ^^

10. Gravity Chaser

Whoa...that's totally creepy. Thank you for making sure the rest of us didn't get it...you guys are awesome!

11. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

whew, good to hear. I was worried that something serious was gona happen...:eek:

12. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

Sara, it is better to close down the forum for a little while than beeing unknowing what could have happen to the forum, you did the right decision.
    You never know besides it is better to close a little while than members getting the virus and goes to the forum and then the forum cracks down.

Good decision (:

13. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

Sorry I'm late, but ohh so that's what happend. Indeed, I was wondering about that too. I'm glad nothing serious happend.