what do you think of when you hear Canada

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Aelin, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Aelin Best Waifu

no matter how much you guys hate it you're still Canadian so deal with it. if you don't like being french in an english country than go back to france.

2. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

I don't think Acy was saying that she doesn't like Canada. :<

(Not to be rude)

3. Aelin Best Waifu

in general alot of people in Quebec think that it should be its own country because it is the only fully french speaking province in canada. i just think they should deal with it and not argue about it

4. ~Acy_XIII~ Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't think that way (I'm not in favor of separatism), but I think we kinda lack an "identity" as Canadian...
    I never meant to be mean honestly. I'm sorry...

5. Aelin Best Waifu

that ok, and if i sounded mean i didn't mean it but over the years i have heard alot about Quebec wanting to seperate from Canada and it bugs me. What is the bid deal with being Canadian?

6. Jayn

an ex boyfriend

2 ex boyfriends and native americans

7. Krown King's Apprentice

It's not necessarily the fact of being 'Canadian' that sets them off. A major influence is that they feel dominated by the rest of English-speaking Canada. Every other province's main language is English, so you can see where they are getting at. Quite naturally they feel that it is necessary to separate so they can protect their culture and language.

At least, this is how I see it.

8. Aelin Best Waifu

it does make sence but Canada has been trying to find a way to make them happy for years, ever since then british took over Canada and all i have heard about it is complaining. it might be becaused i lived in Alberta and now BC and that is all the info that we get but you would think they would appriciate it a bit, but as i said there could be a bias on the news i hear

9. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Wookiie .

10. ~Acy_XIII~ Merlin's Housekeeper

Nothing big, from my point of view.
    I think we got it hard in Quebec because we want to protect our French roots.

11. Krown King's Apprentice

Yes, it does seem that they are acting ungrateful, but let me put it this way: How would you exactly feel if you lived in a province that speaked English fluently and your puny (compared to the rest of the country) province was surrounded by the rest of the country; with province's that fluently speak French. You'd obviously feel overwhelmed. It would be more difficult for you to travel around, most likely because everything outside of your English-speaking province, is labeled in French and such.

Do you see where I am getting at? Put yourself in their shoes, understand how they feel.

12. Honestly, when I hear/read canada I instantly think "Say "CAAAAANAAAAAAAADDAAAAAAAAAAA.""

13. Patman Bof

You probably don' t know this, but Quebecers have many language quirks that French people don' t have, and vice-versa (think English vs "American"). They are protective of that, naturally. The thing is, they all make the effort to learn English, if only at a basic level, while the rest of the country overall act like it couldn' t be arsed to learn a single French word, even a word as basic as "merci". At least that' s what all the Quebecers I met online told me.

[video=youtube;dw5Re7k1KBA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw5Re7k1KBA[/video]

14. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

... what?
    :b

I think of it as very similar to the US, only it is actually good and safe to live in Canada compared to the US.

Also, I think of Hockey and Sabrina.

15. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Um, maple syrup, your flag and bears. Yeah....

16. Hayabusa Venomous

My friend from Canada.

17. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

I think of this:

[​IMG]

18. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

There's a lot of things that pop up in my head when I think of Canada, but I'm gonna go with the worst thought.
    You guys gave us this ****.

[​IMG]

19. Aelin Best Waifu

actually in many schools french is manditory up to grade 8, there are also many french emersion schools around. hal;f of my highschool is french emersion. they are trying to make an effort now to make canadians fluent in both french and english, personally i was a couple years ahead of when they made it maditory so in elementary schools so i took it for 2 years in jr. high but had crappy teacher and never learned much before moving to BC in grade 9 where it is only manditory up to grade 8, so i don't know to much french. the point is the government is trying to make an effort for Canada to learn french more fluently. it is no longer just the french learning english

20. Jube Formerly Chuck's