What do you think is too young of an age for sex?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Deathsight44, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Sorcerer_Jenkins Twilight Town Denizen

tehe, MuffinMan is banned! lol

2. *dancewaterdance* King's Apprentice

You appear to be correcting what I'm saying by restating everything I said and remaking all my points...

Sex is sacred. All the examples you listed are just examples of teenage immaturity, as well as how sex should not be treated. Sex is quite special and is not thought of in any of the ways you listed by healthy, mature adults.

And for sex just being reproduction... why do you think sex before marriage is a problem in the first place? Certainly not because a couple 16- or 17-year-olds are trying to have children.

Um...because...I don't...want to? O.o

That's a bit of an odd question... no offense...

Age is rather irrelevant. An 11-year-old could know more about sex and be more mature about the whole thing than an 18-year-old. And no, I'm not 11-years-old in case what I said gave you that idea.

Which information in particular is not factual?

Of course you can date, it's the only way to even get to know someone. I never said you couldn't. Sex and date are not the same words, at all. Just because you date someone doesn't mean you have to have sex with them.

And I might very well marry "that boy in my class that I like" someday. After we date for several years, get to really know each, and are both willing to commit ourselves to one another. Not because we've had sex and we each think the other is good at making hot love.

Kissing is perfectly acceptable on a date. It doesn't even come close to being on the same level as sex. If you kiss someone on a date and end up breaking up with them, you will not be scarred emotionally for the rest of your life. If you have sex and break up, you very well could.
    Holding hands is fine too. I think someone's getting a little carried away... What makes you think either kissing or holding hands comes anywhere close to sex?

FYI, this is not a discussion of religion.

3. scarred_heart634 Traverse Town Homebody

I think that you should at least wait until you have been with the person for a while. I don't really know if there should be a certain age or whatever.

4. Dexnail Twilight Town Denizen

i think the person has to be willing to b there for u and mature enought to accept responsibility

5. Sorcerer_Jenkins Twilight Town Denizen

you don't pregnant from getting kissed, no matter what your parents tell you.

6. Tana_Panda Traverse Town Homebody

I think that too young is anyone that is unable to deal with the consequences that may come with sex and that age can go anywhere form really young to 99 years of age. Even some adults should not have sex becasue they are not able to deal with the consequences that may follow. So when your able to handle these issues then i say your old enough to have sex.

7. Senbonzakura Kageoshi Kingdom Keeper

i disagree. there should be some limit of age where you should have sex. wait till your married

8. Dandersnuff Twilight Town Denizen

I don't think you should have sex before you're married.
    And then, of course, with the person you're married with.

No, really. .__.

9. Reisen Twilight Town Denizen

15 is young.

10. Finale Wannabe Nobody

i believe there isnt one, have sex when ya ready and willing, except when your younger than 11 D:

11. Finale Wannabe Nobody

11 is too young since the body isnt really designed for it yet :sideways:

but if you feel your ready, ya should do it...rape is a different story

12. Finale Wannabe Nobody

it's called protection.
    and it's your body
    your choice ._.

13. childofturin Why?

It is too young if the person can't understand sex, it is too young if the person can be harmed by sex, and it's probably too young if the person can't get pregnant (the real, biological reason for sex in the first place).

As to a definite age, that's hard to say. It all depends on the culture, he maturity level of the individual, and the physical maturity of the individual. There are cultures (mostly tribal cultures), even in the present day, who introduce their children to sex (or, at least, the ideas, ideals and goals of sex) before puberty. There are cultures, like the Mbuti pygmies of Africa, who are completely open about sex from a child's birth - mostly because they live in one room grass huts with no doors. There are also cultures, like the US, who are so paranoid about sex that they never discuss it - not even among adults, usually.

Additionally, children around the world, especially in the developed world (USA, Europe, Japan, etc), are developing faster than ever and going through puberty earlier than ever - one theory I heard was there are too many steroids in fast-food burgers (from the cows). This leads to hormone-driven early teens and sometimes late preteens with no knowledge about sex, protection, or pregnancy. Unless we can deal with this, this could quickly become a major problem.

14. Finale Wannabe Nobody

actually most of that is true even when not a child ._.
    like the protection not working
    and its the same when 15

15. childofturin Why?

Which is why people need to be educated, no matter how embarrassing it may be. If you don't know these facts, you will be in trouble sooner or later.

16. Finale Wannabe Nobody

yup yup...however thats why they are starting it even earlier...

well sex is there to show a person how much they mean to you. marriage doesn't really need to be there for you to do that

17. Finale Wannabe Nobody

and do those too, but sex is still there as an option besides some people have wants for sex...it is a natural craving -.-''

18. Finale Wannabe Nobody

i never said anything about JUST sex, i was just merely saying answering what the topic is about =/

19. Finale Wannabe Nobody

done.......

20. Finale Wannabe Nobody

meh...when ya ready and sure ya want to have sex with someone, do it, people overate it too much ¬.¬