What do you think is too young of an age for sex?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Deathsight44, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Senbonzakura Kageoshi Kingdom Keeper

no it isnt dude. theres a difference when you decide for marriage then youve made a pledge and a commitement to your partner. so if you break it know everything you said at the alter your not only broken your partners hearts youve also broken a part of yourself.

2. Sorcerer_Jenkins Twilight Town Denizen

i wasn't talking bout normal Sex, what bout threesome's? that's cruel.
    um.....i'm agreeing with this...kinda.

Look, i'm completely against Sex before marriage, it's just too horrible. Not gross, just.....can you honestly say that two 11 yr. olds or whatever are able or ready to jump into bed with each other? i say of your going to do it OUTSIDE of Marriage i suggest you are at least 25. younger and your just....screwing up your life.

3. *dancewaterdance* King's Apprentice

I second this. Sex is not necessary to show that you love your GF/BF, and should only be done with two people who truly love each other and are committed to one another (in other words, sex should be reserved for married couples).

I also think that yes, you are quite childish if you think the only way to express love for someone is by sex, or that it makes you more mature. There are a bucketful of ways to express love for someone (like kissing, for instance) other than sex, and sex certainly does not make you more mature. If anything, it just shows how immature you really are for believing that myth.

4. Sorcerer_Jenkins Twilight Town Denizen

*GASP* Someone actually agreed with me! yes! thank you!!!! lol

5. TheMuffinMan Banned

You realize you're being entirely contradictory of yourself here.

Let's see here, you state that Sex is not a proper way of showing your love/affection for someone in a relationship, and is not a way to take a relationship to the next level.

So, you're stating that Sex is not important or valuable to the "love" factor of the relationship at all.

Therefore sex is not sacred or a symbolism of love.

Sex is Sex.

6. *dancewaterdance* King's Apprentice

Who are you talking to? Ah well, I'll go ahead and answer.

I never said (and don't believe anyone else did either) that sex is not a "proper" way to show love for someone. I said it is not the only way. Sex is extraordinarily important to the love factor in a relationship. And it will definitely take a relationship to the "next level". But does a teenage couple really need to take their relationship to the "next level" because they really feel "in love"?

Sex is sacred, and for that reason should not be used because a couple 16-year-olds think they're "ready".

7. Sorcerer_Jenkins Twilight Town Denizen

and......you said i was contradicting myself? you completely made no sense.

8. TheMuffinMan Banned

Sex is a way of knowing if you're compatible with your partner, it's part of a growing relationship.

Contrary to your misconceptions, even in Teens, Sex is usually not taken lightly as just some "thing to do", and couples may be together for over a year or more before they even reach the point where they trust their partner enough to take the relationship further.

Sex is apart of growing with your partner, and it's part of your relationship moving forward instead of staying stagnant. It's as important as your first date, your first kiss, the time you met their family, and all the little moments of just hanging out with one another and things like talking on the phone for hours. All of those things are what let you know you're compatible with the person your with, as you experience all of them the relationship grows, and Sex is another factor of being compatible with someone, it's another way of moving forward in the relationship.

Yes, this means that having Sex before Marriage, is a way to know if you're ready for Marriage with that person in the first place. It is not so shallow as to dismiss it as "oh you just want them for their body if you disrespect them by having sex before marriage", it's apart of knowing if you'll be taking that step with that person.

9. Sorcerer_Jenkins Twilight Town Denizen

and i agree to a point. i was going to say, if you have sex before marriage, it should help you know if you want to be married. but i still think it should be done outside of marriage at 25 or higher, not as a teen. and in marriage.

so, that being said, if your going to have sex outside of marriage, do it when your older, not as a teen.

10. *dancewaterdance* King's Apprentice

Yes, sex is a way to grow with your partner. But what if it turns out the couple isn't compatible (which happens *quite* often). A better way to "move your relationship forward" would be to get married. As long as you're of legal age, of course. If not, then surely if you truly love that person, you can wait a few years for them?

And sex being a way to "find out" if you're compatible is BS. Couples who save sex for marriage experience more joy in increasing their love for each other than they would if they'd already done it lots of times. And, similar to cohabitation, quite a few scientific studies have shown that sex before marriage means less overall joy in the relationship and higher divorce rates.

11. TheMuffinMan Banned

What, so that way you're married to a person you're not compatible to, instead of just being in a relationship with them?

I'm sure you're an authority on the subject?

Right now your idea of sex is a fantasy world where you think sunshine and flowers are going to bloom on your wedding night, and you're going to have a tough time realizing Sex is not like that, and considering you're a girl, your first night certainly won't be.

I'd like to see these scientific studies.

Regardless, considering people who wait for Marriage the majority of the time have religious reasons for doing so, most religions teach you to be delusional and blindingly faithful to your partner even in unhappiness. So, I would say that when given a questionaire on whether their marriage is happier because they waiting for marriage and told that this was for a published scientific study, obviously Religious advocates are going to say that the way they chose to do it has led them to be happier because of it, because that validates their lifestyle.

12. Sorcerer_Jenkins Twilight Town Denizen

it's different for the girl?

13. *dancewaterdance* King's Apprentice

No... you're supposed to wait several years BEFORE getting married. Ya know, get to know your partner. That's how marriage works. You don't get married because you like sleeping with someone or think they're really good in bed. You marry them because you love them for who they are AND because you're a good match. Sex DOES NOT determine whether you are compatible.

And I'm sure you are too. A real expert, judging by your opinions on the subject.

You are going out on a limb by assuming something like that when you know nothing about me. My idea of sex is nothing like that, and I would greatly appreciate it if you would NOT put words into my mouth that I didn't say or thoughts into my head that I didn't think.

And I must ask, what does being a girl have to do with anything?

My pleasure.

http://www.citizenlink.org/FOSI/marriage/cohabitation/A000000888.cfm
    http://www.ampartnership.org/abstinence_resources/news/AbstinenceandMarriageAClearLink.asp
    http://www.mycpc.org/sex_faqs.html

Would you like me to find more for you? I'd be happy to, if that's what you wish.

And religions (as a whole) do not teach you to be delusional and faithful to your partner in unhappiness. There are some extremities, and always will be, but there are also plenty of extremities that stem from a lack of religion. I have heard/read more Christian songs, church newsletters, preachings etc. than I can count that encourage the exact opposite of what you say. Many people will not lie about their relationship just because it fits their lifestyle. Some will, but not everyone.

14. Sorcerer_Jenkins Twilight Town Denizen

*claps* I love you Dancy person. Your like one of the smarter ppl on here. *hugs* i....love you *watery eyes*

haha, oh yeah! you rock!

neways, i agree completely with you! and what does being a girl in this have to do with what your saying muffinman? (i'm male, so i want to know haha)

15. TheMuffinMan Banned

It does not determine whether you are compatible, but it is a part of knowing if you are. Sex is another level of compatibility, it's as important as when you discovered if you and your partner had similar taste in music/movies, that you liked their family, that they know how to make you laugh, etc.

With this mindset, it seems apparent to me that Dating shouldn't be taking place at all in the Teen years, if we are to hold such values. That boy in your class you like? You can't date him, it's not like you're going to marry him, so why date?

What is the point of kissing in relationships either? Shouldn't we get to know our partners, not be worried with kissing them? If you've got to kiss your partner, you're not concentrating on knowing them, kissing should wait till marriage (and indeed in some sects of religion, you can hardly hold hands with your partner before marrying them)

My comment was in response to your implication that people who wait for sex, their first time should be a "much more magical and joyful experience", when you certainly have no authority to know this, and your judgement of what your first time will be like is probably much eschew.

If you don't know, then it'll certainly be awesome for you to find out when the night comes.

Funny thing about science, is that you can find studies that are entirely contradictory of one another:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/pihhr/files/SexLies_Stereotypes2008.pdf
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/newsroom/press-releases/hiv-7354.htm

Church songs and prayers also teach love of your fellow man, to never lie, to stone sinners, that there should be no war...and how many wars do we have in the name of God, how many lies and misconceptions do the Church present, how many "God hates ****" and hate protests do we hear all the time?

I'm just saying that if you have christian values and believe that waiting for sex until after marriage is your lifestyle of choice, if you're presented with question for a scientific study to say "Do you believe that because you waited until after Marriage, that you're better off for it?", regardless of whether you're unhappy or not, you'd want to advocate your lifestyle of choice and say that you definitely made the right choice and others should as well?

16. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

I came at the wrong time...(ahahaha -pun not intended)

I believe a young age for sex is anywhere in the teens, since teenage pregnancy is generally looked down upon (if condoms aren't in use and all that stuff).

17. Daenerys Targaryen ok

I highly doubt that's what in a 16-year old guy's mind when they are doing it.
    They were just lucky that night,

When you're married..It's good to have a healthy Sex life.

"NEXT LEVEL?"
    Umm...Not for teenagers.Only for adults that are ready to take on the commitment,most aren't until they are at least in their 20's and they have been dating that person for awhile.

If Sex was Sacred then how are the following expressions feel in your stomach?

-I'm gonna get laid.
    -I'd hit that
    -I'd **** that
    -I want to Bang ----
    -Doing someone
    -Getting Lucky
    e.t.c

Sex isn't Sacred FYI.It's just reproduction;if you are going to say something is sacred say; that in due time; the result is sacred.

Why don't you work for eHarmony,By the way;on the pass:How old are you because...you seem to know lots and lots about marriage and sexual relationships.But, however not all the information is factual.

EDIT: Being a girl does matter because, guys aren't called ****s when they have sex, they get a high five!I mean really,it matters alot; guy's can't have children.Therefore,they don't have that to worry about.

By the way this thread is major negrobump.

18. TheMuffinMan Banned

This is weird

Famous appears to be on *dancewaterdance*'s side of the argument, but they're arguing against them

crazy bitches

19. Daenerys Targaryen ok

I was correcting.I'm not exactly on anyone's side.

20. *dancewaterdance* King's Apprentice

No, it is not. Sex does help the relationship, but I don't think that it would be much of a problem if you truly love the person.

But, okay. Some couple does have sex before marriage, and they find they're not compatible? I believe I asked this before and never got a response from you (funny that): How does the couple feel? You think there are no feelings of regret?

I really like how you quoted "much more magical and joyful experience" when that's not what I said. What I actually said was that sex would be more enjoyable for couples whose first time experiencing it is in marriage.

I'm sure your authority is much better than mine *nodnod*. And how do you know I don't know anything about sex? I could day the same about you, but would that make it true? (not that it ISN'T be true >.>... but just my saying so doesn't make it true).

Oh, okay. That really helps your case. Really proves that you're right, ya know? Makes me want to agree with you when you refuse to even tell me why something you said is true and makes you right.

*shakes head* Wow.

Did I EVER say no one should have sex? Did I EVER say sex was dirty or to never engage in it. No. I said to WAIT FOR MARRIAGE. I see nothing in the pdf. that contradicts ANYTHING that I was saying. And I don't see anything in the Planned Parenthood article that contradicts me, either. What the hell does HIV prevention have to do with what I was saying about divorces?

I am not arguing about Abstinence-only vs. other forms of sex education. Nor do I AGREE with Abstinence only. You are making assumptions about me again and it's getting annoying. I suggest you stop.

Oh, and since you still seem interested in contradicting me on this subject (which I must say you haven't done a very good job of as of yet) I will assume you would like me to provide more evidence that supports what I was saying. Happy reading!

http://www.new-life.net/faq605.htm
    http://www.choicesaz.org/sexual_health/reasons_to_wait/

Please tell me if you'd like more evidence backing me up. And next time you show evidence backing you up, make sure it actually does back you up, okay?

Uh-huh... the problem?

Okay... the problem? And wasn't one of your earlier points about how Christians lie about their decisions because that decision fit in with their lifestyle? Hmmm... I sense inconsistency. Especially if these songs are so influential that they're a problem, right?

Whoa! HOLD up! How do you figure that?!

I have NEVER sung a hymn or even just a regular Christian song that teaches me to stone sinners. Everyone sins, Christian or not, (that's what human imperfection is all about) and if we were taught to stone sinners, we'd all end up just killing each other.

And I have never heard a Christian song that says there should be no war. Would you mind listing some examples?

*laughs* This is getting better and better...

Those are known as extremist acts, performed by groups of people known as extremists. They do not fit in with the vast majority of Christian theology (as a matter of fact, they contradict it). There are extremists in all belief systems, including those that do not teach/are against religion. Have you not ever seen the protests that want Christmas to be taken off the calendar as a holiday ad who don't want any discussion of religion in public schools?

I could be wrong, but you appear to be under a misconception that Christians follow the Bible and do what it says because "God says so". We follow His word not because he orders us to, but because of His reasons as to why He says the things He does. We, Christians, agree with Him. So, we listen to Him. Just a note, in case that was your mindset.

No, I would not. Many people I know would not. Again with the assumptions. Do you think people who aren't religious don't feel guilty about their decisions? You think they never lie about things like that?