What do you put on when you want to mellow out?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ars Nova, May 25, 2013.

1. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Folk, usually Bright Eyes. But hip-hop has been getting more prevalent as of late.

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

Post rock. Lots and lots of post rock. Most of the time there are no lyrics to worry about so it just helps to calm me down. Sometimes to relax I go to dubstep, which sounds odd but it works. If it has little to no lyrics it relaxes me. Regardless how loud it is.

3. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Well let's see here. Mind.in.a.Box seems to be my go to 'I really need to unwind' music these days. There's just something about it that I find relaxing.

4. Trigger hewwo uwu

usually soundtracks for video games or movies. it's perfect background music and helps me relax.
    i also love putting on oldies music. y'know, stuff from the 30s-50s.
    when it comes down to specific artists, i like listening to grizzly bear, nujabes, koop, mouse on the keys, baths, the flashbulb, and capsule. to name a few.

5. Doc Destiny Islands Resident

Hum. Well if your looking to relax, as lame as it sounds classics are really great and soundtracks are amazing. My current favorite is the Beyond Two Souls soundtrack. It's very moving. Check it out? ^__^

6. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Mellowing out in the sense usually requires something that is either jazzy, orchestral, or downtempo. The best combination for myself usually consists of a combination of these, and jazzy downtempo is the best music I listen to when I wish to concentrate or simply relax at home.

7. RavenFiresinger Merlin's Housekeeper

Owl City (I actually put on the Ocean Eyes album to fall asleep to), Hey Brother by Avicii, and big band jazz are usually my go-tos

8. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

for me when i want to mellow out I put on Sanctuary

9. Jin うごかないで

This is what I've been putting on as of late to calm down a bit, I love most of the OST and songs in Hunter x Hunter 2011, everything except the opening which has been getting pretty dull 4 years running

10. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Five examples:

11. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

If I want to mellow out I like listening to classical, specifically the violin. I find the violin to be the most soothing, followed closely by the cello (oversized violin). Nothing in particular really, just classical music.

-Shiranui

12. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

Any type of piano music or a ballad.