What created God?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by jafar, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Always Dance Chaser

1. When he freaking felt like it, time means nothing to God.
    2. He didn't have to rest, the only reason he rested was to set an example for man. He wanted them to have a sabbath and rest on the seventh day like he did.
    3. He's omnipotent, he was "meddling" with other things as well, the Bible is obviously not very chronological.
    4. You aren't making any sense. God doesn't "use" Satan for anything, Satan makes his own decisions.
    5. God didn't make any mistakes. When he created man, he was perfect. Then, he was corrupted. Simple as that. "Creating Jesus and did not convince the Jewish?" Um, what? Rephrase the question, I have no clue what you're saying. God wiped out man because they bred with demons and were not completely human. Noah was one of the few who was fully human. God just needed to repopulate the Earth.

Now, as for the topic at hand: I believe God existed before time. God didn't have a beginning God was the beginning. There was nothing before him, he has always existed.

Well, not necessarily
    Psalm 18:30: As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

Deuteronomy 32:4: He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He.

2. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

Anyone else find it ironic how Satan is supposed to be evil and God is supposed to be good.. Yet Satan killed ten people in the Bible, and God killed about 2.3 Million.

Sounds to me like the true evil would be God.

3. childofturin Why?

I'm going to assume that this was at least partially related to my last post.

The original Hebrews, starting with Abraham, if you follow the historical "paper trail" (while translating Abraham into Babylonian, which I forget what his name was in that language) came out of the Saudi Arabian desert into Babylon, where the historical Abraham lived for quite some time before leaving for the Canaan area. By the time he left, most historians think that a good deal of his family had strong ties to the city of Ur, where he was living. So the question remains, what is so significant about a minor family group out of Babylonia that god wants to clean up after their messes and keep them alive when, according to Darwinian theory, they should have died in quite short order, according to how the bible puts it.

4. Always Dance Chaser

God may kill more, but Satan drags people down into Hell, which is a bit worse.

5. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

If by some unlikely chance God, Satan, Heaven, and Hell all exist, who's to say God hasn't mislead everyone, and heaven is actually the equivalent of what is thought of as hell, and vice versa? Not as if anyone would know what it's like until they died.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Who's to say that heaven isn't paradise, just like we've believed?

Also
    This seems to be getting off topic to me.

7. The Fuk? Dead

I'll try and explain this the best I can. If nothing acting on nothing produces nothing, and god was always just "there", then that would make that statement false. So in that sense, humans, animals, and the earth in general could have just been, "there" as well, and maybe everything we see today is the start comes from the start of the universe, having nothing to due with a god-like figure. This debate is pretty much a use of logic, and no one can ever really know who's right.

8. Styx That's me inside your head.

Yes it is and I suggest we all stop it or perhaps make another thread about it.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

The law of man doesn't affect god.

10. The Fuk? Dead

Like I said, it's pretty much our logic only in this discussion because we don't know "god's laws", or anything about god and his existence.

11. Always Dance Chaser

And whos to say that you're not a real person sitting behind a computer, you're just a monkey typing with your feet and eating feces with your hand?
    Yeah, that's just about as baseless as what you said.

12. K'nuckles Destiny Islands Resident

Well who are we to say what accurately happened before human beings and how the planets and stars were to be?

13. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

what

What

WHAT

HOLD ON A ****ING SECOND THERE SIR

WE CAN PROVE NEARLY NOTHING IN THE BIBLE, ASKING ABOUT IT IS BASED AROUND HUMAN CURIOSITY, YOU SWITCHED FROM PROMOTING CHRISTIANITY TO WHATEVER THE HECK THAT LAST PART OF THAT FIRST PART IS, AND WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN WHAT CREATED "IT"? "IT" IS ANY NUMBER OF THINGS, AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC AT HAND

YOUR POST MAKES NO SENSE

14. robert the yogurt Traverse Town Homebody

my logical answer...there is no god...people made it up for the sake of sense...and they say that nothing can go on forever...but then SOMETHING made all the fabric in spacw...IMO there is something out there that holds the answers but its too far away atm to get to

15. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

...No. I did read your entire post, and you did not cause a conflict but you caused a discussion. This is the discussion section, therefore it fits. I am not the bad guy here, you stated an opinion and I contradicted it. Now, onwards.

It's true that the infinite ring of creators in question is started here, and although I haven't read through this entire thread I'd be surprised to see that left unaddressed. And you did say that you can believe what you want, and just the sudden cut in flow that made it obvious that it was a strategic move to defend yourself from having to defend your ridiculous claims is the problem I had with it, not the message itself.

But no, you convinently skipped the big one that made me resort to typing in caps (I know, a horrible offense and an immature move that shouldn't be allowed in a discussion on the internet).

This.

I am as Christian as the next guy, but this is bull and you know it.

16. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Simple. We are human beings on a indefinite crusade for knowledge. That's all. We will continue on attempting to prove unprovable things until we succeed in proving them. And there's nothing we can do to stop ourselves.

17. khfreak123 Traverse Town Homebody

God always has been, is, and will ever be.
    You can't question him, only believe!

18. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

No one 'created' God. What I think is, waaay in the before time. Life was, one person. God. Perfect. Life was basically anything God wanted it to be. No limits.

So, the only person; God, decided to make beings other then him. He made Earth.

God doesn't need to be born, its just him. Because thats what life was. Just God. Until God made other people.

19. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

What created God?
    People's need to blame things on. Not necessarily always bad things, but something had to take the blame nonetheless.
    Though a good deal of the Bible is made up of other cultures' myths, so in a sense one could argue that God is a combination and merging of the ancient gods in those myths.

20. P Banned

God is defined as endless and beginningless. While there is nothing wrong with that statement in itself, with that in effect, we cannot use a god to logically explain the beginning of the universe, because Occam's Razor means we have to take the simplest solution. So if we're defining a god as infinite in order to explain the world, we may as well skip the entire step of adding in a god and instead define the universe as infinite.