What created God?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by jafar, Aug 25, 2009.

1. tSG1 Chaser

Uhh, i dont really believe in god, but if i did, then my reasoning is that god was once a human, and ascended to become sentient before the rest of us came along

2. Styx That's me inside your head.

And where do we disagree exactly? Right. Let's read eachother's post next time.

3. keyblademaster_wannabe+ Traverse Town Homebody

Well honestly i think that this question is unanswerable,.... but that doesn't mean that we can't make up our own theories of how god was created. Honestly i believe that god was there from the begining of time and creation. how else can you explain how the universe was created? (And please, don't say "the big bang theory". everyone knows that theory is crap.

4. Styx That's me inside your head.

So Hubble's law regarding the expansion of space, the observed background radiation in outer space and the calculations of element abundance, all of which point to an obvious rapid expansion of space are all crap?

One example.
    Hubble realised, using the redshift of galaxies, that the universe is expanding uniformly in all directions. This redshift is explained by the well-known Doppler-effect: when a wave-emitting object moves away from a point of observation, the frequency of those waves appears to have decreaseed (note that the emitting frequency does not actually change). A star that moves away from earth over time emits more red light (longer wave length!).
    This has been observed as truth. The uniformal expansion is fact. Thus, taking a leap back in time this means that the universe has been concentrated in a very small sphere in the beginning, and that it has expanded explosively since then.

And what's your theory based on?

5. The Fuk? Dead

Man created God.

6. iwuzhere9 Destiny Islands Resident

From the Christian perspective, God is the only thing that is truly eternal: He has always existed and He will always exist.
    From the view of the non-believer,
    fits the bill.

7. K u r o g a n e Traverse Town Homebody

In my opinion God was created by the mind of man. In general we want explanations for things that occur in the world [ex: Lightning -- Zeus] God is a way to seek comfort/answers.

8. dragonkid_ofhearts Traverse Town Homebody

god was always there
    nobody made him if you don't trust me
    when we all die u can ask him yourself

9. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Because this totally holds against Atheist logic well enough for them to doubt the truth of their beliefs.

10. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

In my completely honest opinion, God is a way to shelter yourself from the real world.

11. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

We get it. You're Atheist. You only need to post it once.

12. TacoGrenade King's Apprentice

It's a classic chicken and the egg scenario. Would God exist if man did not? Probably not. Would man exist if God did not? Think about it.

13. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Again, this depends on your belief.
    If you don't believe in God, then you'd think the concept of God wouldn't exist if man did not.
    If you do believe, then the answer is obvious, God would exist if man did not. He made man. He was around before man.

14. Vanitas Gummi Ship Junkie

Or at least give some arguments.

God does not exist because:
    1. If he has no birth and no end, then WHEN did he thought of creating man? That is absurd!
    2. Why did he have to rest on the 7th day, if he is all-powerful?
    3. How could he meddle with the Egyptians and not much else, which would definetily be more serious business than slavery?
    4. Why would all-good being use something like Satan to do the dirty work? After all, God is supposed to decide, who goes to Hell and having Satan not killed is just cleaning his own hands.
    5. How did God make mistakes, if he is perfect? Creating man and actually is surprised that they eat the apples. Creating Jesus and did not convince the Jewish? Having to wipe out all of his work, with aid of Noah.

Answers to these questions would be nice and I'm not bashing here.

15. Styx That's me inside your head.

No they wouldn't because most of those would get us quite off-topic.

16. Kextia Destiny Islands Resident

1. Time has no effect on God. Wouldn't you get bored after a while?
    2. Creating the world is hard work, even God needs a lazy day or two...
    3. (not sure if I understand the question, but...) The Egyptians had his chosen people as slaves. Of course he'd try to get them to let his people go.
    4. Satan had the free-will to do whatever he wanted. God still loves Satan, no matter what he does. Plus, it's also human's free-will to follow God or Satan. Besides, in the end I personally believe that if we are truly sorry for our sins, God will forgive us no matter what we have done. 'Cuz after dying God looks down on us and sees not only us, but Jesus in us.
    5. He wasn't surprised... God knows everything; future, present, and past. He just gives us choices. The only thing he was was dissapointed in my eyes. The Jews had the free-will to believe or not, just like everyone does. And the last one? The world was getting nasty because of: yup, free-will. God doesn't want to control us, he wants us to come to him by free-will...

And, on topic:
    God was always there, of course.
    Confuzzles me, but maaaaaaybe he'll explain it to us if we go to Heaven.

17. childofturin Why?

You know, I've always wondered, what's so special about a minor tribe of Canaanites out of Babylon that "God" would go to all that trouble to save them every time they were too incompetent to do so themselves?

18. K'nuckles Destiny Islands Resident

That's true God was there even when time wasn't. Seems really crazy just thinking about, but there's no science or dragged out explanation, it is just so.

19. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Care to share them?

20. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

I hope amidst your interpretation of that being which transcends reality you factored in the fact that time is a human construct. According to Einstein, anyway. I have my own theories on the nature of time but that's not relevant.