What created God?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by jafar, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

It's been dated. They are millions of years old. And no, they would not be all dissolved, bone structure takes an extrodinarily long time to decompose.
    Thousands of years ago human ancestors were on Earth. Not dinosaurs. And many bones are broken.

Okay, so take a look at these and tell me if they look even remotely like the modern human with birth defects.
    http://cogweb.ucla.edu/ep/images/Australopithecus-Erectus.jpg

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/83/77983-004-EA7EC442.jpg
    Note that the bone structure is different, and that they are significantly shorter than the homo sapien sapien.

Then you're denying the truth.

Hey, actually read my post. I wasn't talking about Adam and Eve, I was talking about the Epic of Gilgamesh. Which existed long before the Bible was even a thought.
    And since that there were only two humans, does that not mean that we are ALL products of incest, which, if I recall, is a sin?

...That doesn't answer my statement. Why wouldn't God smite those that killed in his name?

2. TheMagicalMisterMistoffelees Professional Crazy

Okay, so since we're going into archeology I have a quick question. Recently the information was released that we have been finding viable dinosaur dna in many specimens of dinosaur fossils in very large variety and quantity, even going so far as collecting entire drops of dinosaur blood. If organic matter (especially blood and nerves) takes so short of a time to decompose, while the fossils have been here for so long of a time, could you possibly tell me why so many instances have been recorded where this dna has survived under a variety of circumstances?

3. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I believe I can answer that one for you.

There are some circumstances in which organic material can be extremely well preserved, think of when you put something into the freezer, it stops the decomposition of the food, well the same can happen in nature. Natural preservation such as freezing in the cold areas of the world, dry preservation as seen in deserts and places such as Egypt, then of course you have the case of wet preservation in which organic material is preserved in bogs and swamps. Small traces of organic material can be found even in ordinary circumstances, one example being at a Roman Villa not far from where I live; pieces of a brain were recovered from a skull that has been dated to Roman times.

Basically what I am trying to say is that whilst yes, organic material does have a very fast rate of decomposition, there are cases and circumstances where the process is slowed down or even stopped.

Dried blood can stay around for an extremely long time, I don't know about actual drops of blood, I would actually be extremely interested in reading about that, I'm a nerd for palaentology xD;;;

4. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I'm not going to pretend I know exactly why, because I don't. It could be because of the specific circumstances of the dinosaur's death and place of death, weather conditions, etc.
    But keep in mind that bones contain DNA, so in the right conditions to keep the bones preserved, DNA can be recovered.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

That was a really bad sentence.
    He didn't make the mistakes.

6. P Banned

And as Dalk recently opened up the way for requesting evidence, I'm sure you won't mind presenting some evidence for that. Any line from the King James edition will do.

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Pretty much what CtR and Wolfie said. We studied about one of our ancestors (I forget the name) and their footprints were preserved perfectly because the majority of them lived somewhere that had a huge volcano and the ground was covered in volcanic ash and footprints were easily made. Then the volcano erupted again, but it was mostly ash and the second layer set upon the first layer and preserved footprints perfectly. No skin, no hair, no bones or toenails, just footprints. The ground never sank and disturbed the footprints at all. Different conditions change how things can be preserved.

There's one fossil where the ground it was found under compacted upon it and around the skeleton of the animal (pretty sure it was another ancestor) was an outline in the ground of the animal's body. So we had a skeleton and a flat picture of how the whole body was shaped.

8. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I can refute this with one sentence.

If he makes mistakes, he is not perfect.

9. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

It isn't so much a question of "knowing" what created God (if there is one) because that would get us no where. Either something created him and he's not all that he's chalked up to be or nothing created him and we're no better off than where we began. It should be a question of the content of a god, or what we might understand one to compose of.

It then comes down to whether or not we could consider a being so far advanced that the very actions it takes seem to be "godlike". It's not unreasonable to think that there exists a being that is so far advanced--and yet flawed--that we could scrutinize it for millions of years and never find that flaw. Would it be right to call it God? It has its flaws, but they are so far beyond our understanding or ability to find them that it seems that they don't exist. With this in mind there's an issue with discussing perfection. For humans it's a useless concept that is beyond our grasp, for anything we regard as perfect is flawed to something greater than us.