What are you most afraid of?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Marluxia13579, Jul 7, 2008.

1. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

Your description is epic scary! It's not something I would be afraid of though. Only because I pretty much know how I'm going to die.

2. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

i think coffin to be worse. falling u just suffocate form the dirt u breath in...and ur so like omg that is probaly happened verry fast and u in a panic so u don't feel the pain. i would think...

3. Gwen Farewell.

I wish I had the ability to not be afraid of it ._.
    I mean dude, just writing that description got me all shaky.​

Ohh, you'd feel the pain. Dirt would literally flood your senses. You'd feel it, you'd taste it, you'd smell it, and it would completely blind you. It may be quicker, but it isn't painless.
    Not to mention there'd probably be a period of time where your body stayed alive while you still had FREAKING DIRT IN YOUR LUNGS. You'd be alive but in agony.

The coffin thing sounds pretty evil too though, it'd be like having a heart attack in a small dark room, but much slower.

Okay you know what? Let's just leave it at this.

DIRT BELONGS ON THE GROUND.
    NOT IN MY RESPIRATORY SYSTEM TRYING TO MURDER ME.​

4. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

I also don't really like huge and poisonous spiders.

5. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

Hey, this is pretty cool. I mean having a meaningful disscution of fears instead of the brain rot that is the spamzone. Although I love the spamzone.

I'm also afraid of a nuclear war. With all the stuff going on with Russia and the U.S. the thought of a nuclear war has become a very real thing, regardless of what the news says.

6. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

well that is something i fear not much at all. i've never had an incodent like that. not even like one little threat at school. maby if i experienced it then i would fear it. probaly for sure.

7. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

Well I don't think any of us have experienced nuclear war, but the threat of one is, in fact, very real.

8. Gwen Farewell.

Ditto, I rarely ever get to have intelligent discussions on topics I can actually talk about.

That's another good one. When I was abut 5 and 9/11 happened I was constantly living in fear, afraid that I'd get bombed out of nowhere someday. Of course, I didn't really understand what was going on in the world at that time.
    My dad showed me a video of a terrorist strike where people were at some kind of dance and suddenly the floor caved in from under them and they all fell to their deaths. I still can't wipe the image from my mind; the aftermath, the poor cries of those people as they were crushed by wood, concrete, and of course each other.
    (Once again, BEING BURIED UNDER STUFF.)

But yes, Nuclear war is something I don't pay too much attention to right now, but at one point in my life I did have a fear of war of any kind on my homeland.​

9. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

XD the fact came up again...
    but yeah i thought of 911 too. but i never thought to much f it cuz i was young and didn;t really understand. but for some reason it ever affected me. just a little now...the being buried part. and not having ur sences. all the dust and what not. and screams and crashes so loud. and it probaly happened fast once it started going... like the thought of no time to think all being pushed at u at once and no concentration...

10. Gwen Farewell.

That's exactly what I mean, you have like, zero time to think, you become a freakin' animal. You just fight for damn survival, you do all you can to stay allive; scream, cry for help, dig. In the end, chances are it's all gonna be worth nothing.

But yeah. Wow. We got back onto my fear again ._.​

11. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm not sure what I would do in that situation. It's kinda hard to keep ur cool when ur under 100+ tons of concrete and steel. I would just hope and pray that someone finds me. I would also try to think of all the best things I did in my life so I wouldn't die in a state of despair.

12. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

XD well were supposed to talk about fear...but yeah i never can think fast and well. it takes me time if i wanna come up with a good answer. people in thoese situations turn into animals. just frantic. they might do that is natural disasters to. but i don't know about that.

edit: a statue of despair? like die there or like die doing nothing with u life like inportance?

13. Gwen Farewell.

If I was still alive under all of that, honestly I'd panic but I'd know my fate. I'd probably just close my eyes and wait for death to come in my small suffocating prison.
    I've been in situations close to being buried alive before, even before I developed the fear, and my body naturally panics. And I know people who dont; it's like a natural, built-in fear for me.

Basically I'd try to die in sleep while I ran out of oxygen. As long as dirt and dust aren't clouding my lungs, its not TOO bad, but still extremely frightening.​

Basically. Just goes to show we al have a beast lurking inside of us, ready to come out at our darkest moments when fate isn't on our side.​

14. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

oh god! that was so depressing and gave me goose bumps...
    i've never been in a situation like that 2 times. but they were under water. one was in water polo and i was tired and he held me down holding on to me. and i started freaking and i was almost sucking water through my nose and i couldn't stop it...so well in the end i bit him hard... XD but that feeling of u can do NOTHING!!! i hate that a lot too.

15. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

I guess that is a a scary thought. Our collective fears are very interesting to discuss. I shall subscribe to this thread.

16. Gwen Farewell.

Yeah, ditto. It doesn't help that I have a massive ego and hate feeling helpless.

When I was little we were on the beach (we go there every year, down to Oregon) and my cousins and I were playing in the sand. It was pretty damn fun until they started throwing so much sand in my face that I was literally buckling under it. I was practically entirely covered in sand. I cried and screamed for dear life, I seriously thought I was going to die that day as my senses were flodding with the feel and taste of sand. I could fear blood pulsing in my ears and my heart racing, I could feel my body shaking, much like it is now from simply recalling the moment.

I never, ever, went to the beach again after that unless I was with someone I trusted. The entire situation is probably my biggest reason for my fear.​

17. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

yeah the last hit of all ur energy of feelings and whatever is left. just all in ur final moments. u have never been so alive. u described it perfectley. the final struggle. the hopelessness. sorry all but i have to go.

18. Gwen Farewell.

It's the last thing you see before your senses shut down and you vanish from the earth.

(Later dude.)​

19. Mathias Jay beauty is in everything

Honestly, I'm mostly terrified of being wrong. I hate it.

I know it sounds weird, but I really, honestly hate being wrong. I could do just about anything else, but I just don't like to be wrong.

What mostly sucks about it is that I'm usually wrong. =/

20. jettie Twilight Town Denizen

i don't hate so much being wrong (unless it is time after time) but making a fool of my self doing it. that makes me feel stupid and in confident...

all u peoples and ur fears just make me feel worse about being afraid of everything now.