Kingdom Hearts III What are the chances of Kingdom Hearts III being available on Wii U?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Klonao, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Klonao Moogle Assistant

What are the chances? I know that most people say "Wii U can't run unreal engine 4. The hardware is too weak!". But technically, it can. But just not on impressive and fluid scale. I would imagine KH3 graphics would been toned down where there isn't slowdowns due to hardware of the game. (Example, N64 games can be playable on the PSP. But the graphics had to be tone down so there will be no slowdowns or frame rate issues)
    But I simply find it odd that KH3 is coming to PS4 & XB1 but not Wii U.

2. Arch Mana Knight

Considering it(UE4) doesn't have Wii U support from Unreal, it seems like too much of a hassle for Square to go out of their way and port the engine over to something usable for the Wii U. Not only that, but downgrading isn't always a matter of "let's just dial back everything" but instead is something that would take even more time to balance out what the issues are and what things they'd want to sacrifice in order to make KH3 a decent experience. Not to mention the gamepad for the Wii U itself presents its own problems.

Honestly, it makes perfect sense to skip the Wii U. Technically, it's inferior to the PS4 and XB1, its gamepad doesn't look too enticing for a Kingdom Hearts style experience. Yeah, you could say the same about the DS and 3DS but the games released on those were made specifically for those handhelds. It's just a waste of time and money for Square to figure out how to bring KH3 to the Wii U for such a low install base. I mean, I guess if Square is desperate enough, they could take a hint from Ubisoft's handling of Watch_Dogs and release a Wii U port months after release. But honestly, no one buys a Wii U for third party games. Everybody knows you don't buy a Nintendo console for that kind of thing. Admittedly, Mario Maker looks pretty sweet.

3. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Basically none. First of all they never announced for it, They could do it in the long run if the Wii didn't fail as much as it did, but since the game isn't out yet and the NX is already proposed it will be easier to skip Wii U and go to NX (should they want to port it).

4. Misty gimme kiss

This is really important. If a Wii U version was in the cards, it would have been announced by now. Dev kits for the NX are out now which I guess theoretically means KH3 could appear on it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. It's already a surprise that KH3 is coming to the XBOX One.

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Yeah, I really can't see Square-Enix taking the effort to work on a watered down version of KH3 for the WiiU, especially since the WiiU didn't sell as much as the PS4 and XB1. It may have been the cool thing for third-party developers to port to the WiiU during its early days, but that is no longer the case.

6. A Zebra Chaser

considering the wii u is a straight up failure, the chances are less than zero
    they were already minuscule because of the power gap. The effort of porting probably wouldn't be worth it
    I guess the Nx might be a candidate, but would they really bother unless it becomes and out of nowhere smash success?