Whacked out, drunken-ass consent is still consent.

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Noroz, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I always found that weird how womens decisions weren't really "counted" if they were drunk. Good to see that changing. :D

2. longn4 Merlin's Housekeeper

uh no

Being drunk isn't another language, its not a sign of loose or bad morals, and it sholdn't come with the risk of being raped if you do choose to overindulge. When you're drunk you're in an altered state of mind, and any ****en rapist pig who chose to take adavantage of that should be dragged off to jail.

The "All crimes and responsibilities should be absolved when drunk" arguement is not valid. If you go out and rob a store when you're drunk thats on you, cause your the one who committed the crime. If some ******* takes advantage of a sauced guy or girl, THEY are choosing to do it, not their victim.

Should a person not drink so much as to become shitfaced? Definately not, but you know what? This isn't a perfect world and just like they're people who can't control their actions when drunk, there are also ****en failures of human beings who'll take advantage of that mistake.

3. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

It sounds like you need a time out.

What if the male is also intoxicated? Why should the one not be held responsible while the male is? I say male because the bias appears obvious in these cases, and most will favor a female. May change if opposition is presented.

4. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

No one is talking about them being so drunk they can't answer. Just because you're drunk, your decisions have the same consequences as if you were sober. A 'yes' is a 'yes,' regardless of you blood alcohol level.

5. Styx That's me inside your head.

Way to completely miss the point. This isn't about dragging someone so drunk they can't even stand to your car and having your way with them.
    This is about the simple question "Want to have sex?", the simple answer "Yes." and whether or not alcohol excuses giving an answer you'll later regret. The responsibility argument is completely valid in such a case. You downed an alcoholic beverage of your own accord, most likely knowing what it can do to you (I don't think I know anyone who doesn't). If you still choose to drink, every action you take or word you say is on you.

6. shaigirl Moogle Assistant

I disagree. They know they can't drive, they are just being stupid on purpose saying they can drive and they are all that. It's a game. If you're wasted and saying you're willing to drive, then you are just trying to look awesome and hope nothing bad happens. IMO.

Also, I've had classmates who've blacked out at a party and claimed they got butt raped, only to find out that they stuck up a butt plug up their behind as a dare. But they just didn't remember it. Not even kidding, like literally at least three girls I know. There needs to be plenty of evidence that rape actually occurred (like DNA evidence first and foremost).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2018
  7. Trigger hewwo uwu

they can't say no if i drug them first *****

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018