Welcome to Death

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

As Kuro carried Blake back to the academy, she couldn't help but feel accomplished after completing their first mission. Not only did they recover one soul, they recovered two kishin souls. Even with the bullet graze she got in battle after protecting her partner from the bullet.

Arriving at the academy, Kuro carried her to the nurse's office and let the nurse handle the wound Blake had gained. "Thanks for taking me to the nurse! I'm just glad we got the mission done before any severe damage could be dealt." Blake smiled before the pain in her side reappeared. Blake waited for the nurse to see what they could do about this bullet graze.

2. Aelin Best Waifu

The nurse used Kuro and Blake came into the room and the nurse ran to them ushering them into the room and instructing Kuro to put her down on the bed. "Oh dear, what happened? I knew that they shouldn't have been sending you out on missions already. I warned Stien of that. I warned him." The nurse said, fretting slightly as she started to run around the room, perhaps a little high on caffeine. "So much blood, there is so much blood. Must stop the blood." She said as she started to load supplies onto a cart. "Mister Kuro, I am going to ask you to leave now. You see I need to get the shirt out of the way to work, and well you know it is a woman thing. I am sure you understand." She started to shoo Kuro out instead of immediately taking on the injury like she likely should have.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

Being called 'Mister Kuro' was on the more unexpected side of things, in fact it was probably the first time that he's ever been called that. Regardless of that however, he got the message that the nurse was telling loud in clear, so when she shoo'd him out, Kuro did just that and exited the infirmary and waited in the hallway.

4. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Blake watched as the nurse panicked over the wound the girl had sustained. Watching the nurse run around the room, it almost seemed as if she had one too many coffee. The nurse had asked Kuro to leave the room so she could patch up Blake's wound. Making sure Kuro had left the room, the nurse instructed her to lift up her shirt so the nurse could examine Blake's injury. "How bad is the injury?" Watching the nurse inspect the injury, Blake had awaited for the nurse's diagnosis.

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]

"Hey, you alright, Zephyr!?" Roderick asked through the mental connection, feeling a surge of concern and adrenaline. Gosh, that tombstone had been close! If Zephyr had taken a second longer, he could've been squashed. "Look out, here he comes again!"

[​IMG]

Sure enough, the zombie had followed the flying tombstone, and now was about to land in front of Zephyr, flipping in the air and bringing the heel of his foot directly towards Zephyr's face.

16/30

[​IMG]

As he turned a corner, Matthew waited a moment, his heart racing in excitement, and then he turned back around when he thought he heard the guy reach the corner, intending to stab the gauntlet into Clyde's stomach. He misjudged the distanced though, and only managed to scratch him, ripping through the shirt and drawing blood, but not much else.

Clyde let out a yell of anger and mild pain, now grabbing at Matthew's wrist, clenching tightly as he gritted his teeth. Matthew gasped in pain, trying to pull away as panic suddenly hit him. That was the hand he was holding Mikio with, how was he supposed to fight now!? He bit his lip, kicking the man hard in the shins now, Clyde letting out another grunt of pain and loosening his hold just long enough for Matthew to painfully yank his hand free and swipe at Clyde again. This time, he clawed into the man's arm, doing a good deal more damage than he had managed to do earlier.

"OWWW YOU BRAT!" Clyde shouted, clutching at his arm.

"Leave him to me!" Bonnie called, suddenly stepping out from behind a different group of boxes, pointing a small pistol at him.

Matthew let out a gasp, jumping back as she pulled the trigger with a loud BANG!

His heart jumped into his throat as he managed to find the nerve to dart away into the maze of boxes, hearing another couple loud bangs directly behind him, and then a quick, surprising burst of pain as one grazed his shoulder, causing him to yell out and stumble, which, seemed fortunate, as a bullet then tore into the box directly in front of him. It would have hit him if he hadn't almost fallen...

This was suddenly much too real.

~~

William huffed, the pain in his shoulder growing with each passing moment as he tried to ignore it and keep his gun trained on the group, not feeling all that confident in shooting with an injured shoulder. Especially as the blonde kid was darting in and out of boxes and the archer was now locked in hand-to-hand combat with Blanche. No wait, she'd gone down, now he was running behind some boxes himself.

Okay, he could deal with this. Readying himself and following the line of boxes the archer had gone behind, he let out a slow breath, finger on the trigger, as he aimed for the opening the archer was likely to appear in. The instant he did, it would be game over...

7/20

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"I'm still breathing, don't worry." Zephyr said in what was possibly a poor choice of words given what happened, or rather, almost happened next. Even if Roderick hadn't given him the heads up, he would've noticed the looming shadow overhead and saw the zombie preparing to curb stomp him into the dirt. He didn't bother with getting up and just rolled out of the way before the foot could collide with his head. Good thing too for there was now a foot shaped hole right were he head used to be. He was really glad that he was good on his feet, otherwise things could've ended badly for him. Zephyr quickly got to his feet and dashed towards the zombie, only for him to once again dive underground to avoid his attack.

17/30

7. Aelin Best Waifu

With Kuro out of the way, the nurse paid no mind to the fact it would be just as easy to pull the shirt over her head as she took scissors and cut the shirt from Blake's body so she could get a better look at the wound. "Nope not infected yet!" She stated as she started to poke at it. "And not that deep. Good news! You don't need stitches." She announced as she took some clear liquid, a type of rubbing alcohol and poured it on to a cotton pad. She then started to dab it on the wound without the slightest warning that it would hurt. She hummed as she went to work on the wound, soon cleaning it and bandaging it with a rather large cotton pad and medical tape. "Now come back tomorrow so I can change that for you. And don't be too rough for a little while. It does have to heal still." She informed. She then turned to the door. "Kuro you can come back in now." She called not paying mind to the fact Blake still didn't have a shirt on and she outright cut up the shirt that she did have.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

Hearing his name being called once more, he turned to face the door and walked in. "So, how bad was it?" Was what he asked when he was unaware of what had transpired in the room beyond the panicked sounds of the nurse he could hear from outside. Seeing that Blake was still topless well...once that realization had sunk it and the obligatory/typical blush had happened, Kuro swiftly looked away. "Wasn't the point of shooing me out so that I wouldn't be here while she's topless?"

9. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Zoey was on guard when the zombie disappeared underground again. She focused on the vibrations under her feet, only to realize he was moving very quickly. She held Dana tightly in her hands, hoping that she could catch the zombie before anything happened.​

[​IMG]
    Suddenly the Zombie popped out of the ground and had a wooden, sharp shiv armed in his hand. He swung up behind Zoey, cutting through her clothes and grazed her skin. She yelled and tried to move to hit him, only to swing at air as he vanished underground again. Zoey winced as her shoulder throbbed and she felt her blood beginning to soak through her shirt. She didn't have time to focus on the pain though, she had to find out where the zombie went exactly.

18/30

[​IMG]

"Matthew!" Mikio shouted to his partner when he realized he had gotten hurt. Bringing a knife to a gun fight wasn't the most ideal situation. They would have to think overtime and be smart, but it was hard to do that during all of the chaos. Mikio looked around in his weapon form quickly, trying to find something to help. "Matthew, you need to keep moving," Mikio said quietly. "Try to keep your feet light and skirt away from them. We gotta figure out a way to disarm them."

8/20

10. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

As Blake started to pull her shirt over her head, the nurse had already started cutting up her shirt to look at her injury. "H-Hey!! That's my shirt!!!!!!" Alas, her cries to stop the nurse were of no use. Before she could even blink, the nurse had already started disinfecting her wound with rubbing alcohol and some clear liquid. "OWWW!!!! Give me a warning next time!!!" Blake jumped up at the pain before grabbing her knees and clenching whenever the pain shot up. After a few minutes the nurse had told her the wound wasn't deep and had already put bandages over it. The brunette let out a sigh of relief but her relief was short lived as the nurse called Kuro back into the room. Blake's eyes widen and before she could grab anything to cover herself up but her efforts were of no use. Kuro had walked into the room and for a couple of moments, only silence filled the room. "Wasn't the point of shooing me out so that I wouldn't be here while she's topless?" Kuro was the first to break the silence as his cheeks were faintly tinted pink and immediately he turned around. Anger kept storing up inside Blake until the dam holding back the river collapsed. "GET OUT!!!!!!! YOU PERVERT!!!!!!!!!!!!" Running up to Kuro while covering her chest, Blake's fist pulled back and immediately flew into the back of Kuro's head as her punch sent him out the room. Blake slammed the door and turned back to the nurse. "And you! I hope you have a replacement shirt seeing as how you CUT UP MY OTHER SHIRT!!!!" Blake shouted at the nurse as her anger was still raging.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  11. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

From where Zephyr was standing he only saw the zombie dive back into the ground while Zoey was holding her shoulder. It must've hit her with something for her to not have been knocked off her feet. While trying to figured this out, the target appeared right behind up, once again alerting Zephyr by the looming shadow that covered him. Acting on reflexes, he turned and swung his sword towards the zombies head however his attacked was dodged and Zephyr received a sharp pain as he was stabbed in the leg (avoiding any major arteries) and the zombie went back underground. Zephyr's teeth were gritted together to deal with the pain as he held his hand against the open wound.

19/30

Despite turning around, Kuro was still punched in the back of his head and out the door, which conveniently closed after he was sent through it. "How am I to blame for that?" Kuro wondered, being unaware of the laws of anime and how they worked in this situation.

12. Aelin Best Waifu

Oh right... Blake wasn't wearing a shirt. The nurse had never thought of that when she called Kuro back in. She was simply thinking that she had finished her work. And now there was yelling and that was no fun either. "I was just doing my job. Here I have extra shirts for you to wear back to your home and can just put on another one. It is no big deal!" She insisted throwing a baggy white shirt onto the end of the bed. "The wound isn't bad by the way. It should heal find in a week or so. I mean she will have to come back so I can change the bandages but it is okay!" The nurse insisted. "Now shoo shoo. I have other patients... probably... I don't know. I am sure I will see more soon. Anyways Bye!"

[​IMG]
    As the group continued their fight, it was going less and less in their favour. Finally Cid was done playing with them and went a little more all out making swift work on knocking the entire party out. When the party woke up they found themselves tied with their partner in a bedroom. The room had no windows and a single door that was locked from the outside. the doorknob did not have a keyhole but instead just a single small hole. The rest of the the bedroom looked like a pretty standard neat bedroom. It had a closet with some clothes, a bed, a wardrobe. There was nothing too out of the ordinary in the room.

Mission: Escape the bedroom

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

A dull pain rung through Zephyr's head as he started to come to his senses. Gradually the world around him came into focus as his eyes started to adjust and well...they weren't in the cemetery anymore. Now fully in focus, he was able to notice the room that he was now in. There wasn't much to actually say about the room that they were in beyond the lack of any windows. Zephyr tried to get up to get a look around, but found that he was tied to Roderick. "Hey Roderick, can you hear me?"

14. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Blake caught the shirt as the Nurse threw the shirt at Blake. She threw on the shirt quickly and carefully so her wound doesn't bleed through the bandages. As quickly as she threw on her shirt, the Nurse quickly shooed her our of her office. Walking out of the room, Blake walked up to Kuro scratching her nose. "
    Sorry about punching you Kuro. I didn't know the Nurse would call you back so quickly. Are you alright Kuro?" Blake apologized before looking at her side. "The nurse said the wound wasn't too deep so I should be fine but the nurse said I should be careful." Blake looked at Kuro to inform him about the status of her injury.

15. CrownMoksha Decimo

Kuro's head still hurt a bit from where Blake had punched him. He didn't think that she could punch that hard, but she was angry at the time which could've had some affect on her strength. Regardless of that, it was good to hear that she wasn't too hurt from that bullet. It may have just been a graze, but it could've grazed something important. "That's good to hear." Kuro said, getting to his feet. "Got any way to pass the time then?"

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]

"Hey Roderick, can you hear me?"

Roderick let out a slight groan as he came to. What had happened? He looked around, seeing that he was in some sort of bedroom. "Uh, yeah," He said, blinking a little to try and get his bearings. "What happened? Where's the zombie?"

[​IMG]

"R-right," Matthew said in response to Mikio's instruction, starting to work to keep his breathing steady and re-focus. They could still do this...

He turned another corner, stopping and kneeling down on the ground, making himself stay steady and hold his breath, claws at the ready for when Bonnie or Clyde would come following after him. With his small size, kneeling down like this would (hopefully) make it so that he wouldn't be seen and immediately shot when they came.

Heh... maybe he'd get lucky and they'd trip.

Bonnie came running around the corner, just like he knew she would, but didn't trip, narrowly avoiding it and losing her balance with a slight gasp. Matthew lunged forward and thrust the claw towards the hand holding the gun, managing to cut into it pretty deep. She let out a yell, dropping the gun, as the gauntlet got bloody from her wrist.

Oh man, he'd done that!

He couldn't afford to dwell on it, though, he pulled the gauntlet back and then bit his lip, feeling even guiltier as he pulled his free fist back and then punched her in the face. He was trying to knock her out, but it didn't really work. She did stumble backwards with a grunt of pain, though, and then Clyde came around the corner as well, so Matthew turned, going back to running as he wiped the blood from his hands onto his jacket.

9/20

(Buck is still waiting to shoot Chaol when he appears at the end of the line of boxes he is currently running past.)

17. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    "No Zombie," Zoey groaned out from where she was. Her shoulder was throbbing from being shanked by the wooden shiv, and her mind felt a little blurry. She hadn't heard anything form Dana this whole time and wondered what was going on with her partner exactly. She turned her head toward the sound of the boys and winced as her shoulder strained. "He knocked us out and now we're here... Where here is exactly, I'm not sure. Dana, are you awake?" Zoey leaned her head back and gently bumped it with her partner to try to stir her to consciousness or get some kind of response out of her.

[​IMG]

"That's it, there's one down." Mikio was trying to be encouraging to his partner, though he felt nervous himself as his heart pounded in his chest. "Sorry I couldn't be a long-range weapon or something." He knew how uncomfortable it was to Matthew to have to do that to the girl, because it was uncomfortable for him too. Matthew did pretty good for not having any fighting experiences. "Now we just need to take Clyde down. Can you do it?"

10/20

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Walking over to the mission board, Blake looked over the missions that were currently available to take. "How about we take on another mission? The sooner we go on missions, the more souls we can collect!" Blake continued to look over the board until she found an available mission that was up for grabs. "Hey Kuro! Come look at this.....It says the culprit is unknown but there's an investigator that might know but he disappeared before he could name the culprit. If we find the investigator, we find our culprit and claim the kishin soul. Sounds pretty intersting! What do you think? Should we go for it?" Blake turned toward Kuro to hear his thoughts on this mission.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

With Zoey speaking up from where she was, that had confirmed that they all were in the same room and while that was a good thing, it didn't explain why they were brought here in the first place. Even less so as to why they were tied up.
    "Hey Roderick, do you think turning into a weapon would help? At the very lest you should be bale to get free by doing that."

Kuro's first thought after hearing the description Blake had given him was the the Investigator had been killed as to prevent them from leaking out any information. If that actually was the case then it would make things much harder for them. So hopefully that wasn't the case at all. "Sure, does it say anything about what the investigator looks like."

20. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]

"Oh, that's a good idea," Roderick blinked. "Yeah, that should work." Closing his eyes, he transformed back into a katana, the ropes (which had been tightened to fit around his wrists, not a thin katana) slipping away as he clattered to the floor. He transformed back into his human form, blushing a touch at being sprawled out on the ground now, and got back to his feet, brushing off his knees. "Okay, cool, that was simple," he said. Turning to Zephyr, he quickly untied him and then moved to do the same to Zoey and Dana. "Is the door locked?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.