Welcome to Death

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Chaol tensed up as Mattthew said his answer. "I believe you're right, Matthew" he responded, still facing the door as he awaited the opening of it. The people on the other side of the door thought they had a couple of hours, unaware that they in fact only had minutes. Today he would take a life, just as he had before. After today there would be at least one less potential kishin in the world, and he could rest easier. He glanced at the others for a moment before facing the door once again. Did any of the others know what they were about to face? What it was to kill another? He wasn't sure of it, but he could only hope that they'd keep it together in the heat of battle.

[​IMG]
    Dana shrugged as her partner joked around about the occurrence possibly being other kids. "Maybe they've seen too many movies and really think that they can talk to the dead or something, all I know is I'm gonna go all ghostbusters on their ass, except way better. I won't need a magic vacuum, I will charm them into submission!" the girl declared, before shrugging once more. "Or, you know, whack them real hard with a stick...if I don't go through them. I bet a ghost's soul will taste all hollow and empty, be all bland and stuff. Blegh, makes me sick thinking about it" Dana stated, poking her tongue out in disgust as she did so.

2. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

"He hasn't met up with her to buy anything yet, so why would there be a shipment for him to pick up?" Blake listened as Kuro as he mentioned the flaw in her plan. Blake sighed a bit before sitting down. "Right! I forgot about that! Sorry......I'm not thinking clearly. Might be some first mission nerves or jitters of something." Blake placed a hand on her forehead as her other hand was over her lap. "How bout we try something simpler and just try to get him away from the party without mentioning the deal in any way?" Blake looked up and listened as Kuro mentioned another plan. Blake nodded before thinking of another plan. "What if we wait until the Mafia boss heads over to their meeting place, follow him and collect the soul right then and there?" Blake spoke up as she thought of another plan.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

That plan sounded good to him. It took care of the getting him away from others portion and gave them and opening to assassinate him. So Kuro nodded in agreement. "The plan works for me." Now for operation wait for Aelin to post moving us on so we can end this mission.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

Masquerade
    The time passed slowly it seemed but eventually it was time for the meeting and the mafia leader dragged himself off the wall in the corner of the room and walked towards the meeting room. He was slightly drunk having been so annoyed earlier he kept drinking the champagne to keep himself from snapping at people. That being said he was still perfectly capable of dealing with the weapons dealer. After all this was just a formality that he was forced to go through as the new leader of the mafia. He sauntered towards the room but heard voices already inside. Drawing his gun he stepped towards the door, opening it, gun raised and silencer on. He soon saw the man from before and the girl who had served him along with a dead woman on the floor, not good. "I suppose the annoying one was one of you as well?" He asked as he shot at the boy standing there, Kuro.

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]

Roderick felt uneasy as he looked around the graveyard. "Huh," he noted, shoving his hands in his pockets and tensing a bit. "The fog is unexpected... I'm sure it's nothing, though." For the first time, it occurred to him that in a world of witches and kishins, he probably should have given a bit more thought to the supernatural. He'd never really paid attention to stories about ghosts and things, and now he wondered if that was about to come back to haunt him.

Heh. Haunt him.

6. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Zoey smirked and then giggled under her hand as she listened to the others talk about how creepy it was, and Dana's comment about whacking kids with a stick. She shrugged her shoulders, cocking her head to one side to listen around as they walked. "Fog, eh? I just feel the humidity and stillness..." She shivered and rubbed her arms a bit, having a look around. "It does give me goosebumps though."

She could see faint silver outlines of gravestones, a couple of mousoleums, and dead looking trees around. "I'm not seeing any souls... not yet," Zoey said quietly as she walked closer to her partner til their shoulders were touching. She felt a little uneasy, and not just because of the descriptions and ideas the others were giving her. She could only hear the dirt crunch under their feet as they walked; there were no sounds of crickets or any animals of any sort. Not even a hoot of an owl. To the one who watched the world with her ears and sixth sense, it was concerning to say the least. "Unless whatever is causing problems doesn't have a soul," Zoey suggested. "Or is using magic to hide their soul's wavelength."

She turned her head to where she heard the boys walking, keeping them in the loop along with Dana. "Do you guys see anything strange? Besides the fog... footprints, broken gravestones, something out of the ordinary? It's seriously too quiet here... something is around."

7. Aelin Best Waifu

Strange Happenings
    [​IMG]
    As the team walked through the graveyard, a blue coloured hand popped out from the soil and grabbed onto Dana's leg, pulling her to the ground before a man, a zombie burst from the ground. He picked up the tomb stone that was making that plot of land and swung it at Rodrick, aiming for his head. He didn't speak to them just went straight for the violent route of dealing with the intruders.

Mission: Fight the zombie. (Do not assume you killed it)
    Posts needed: 20​

8. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Zoey felt something move under her feet, only to have Dana ripped away from her side and flung somewhere. "Dana!!"

Zoey jumped back away from the threat, scanning the area in a rush. She saw a purple soul, something new, and saw a bulk of whatever it was being swung around that looked heavy.

Zoey rolled down and scurried low to the ground towards her fallen partner while avoiding the enemy the best she could. "Dana, are you okay?"

1/30

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  9. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

The moment the blue hand had emerged from the ground Zephyr had gotten himself ready for what was next, which is to say he quick pushed Roderick out of the way of the tombstone that was swung towards him. Least this time they were up against something that they could actually hit as opposed to a ghost. But still it was a zombie and he wasn't taking any with letting this thing get close to him, though with that tombstone it was swinging around, there was a whole another reason to keep their distance. "Ready for this Roderick?"

2/20

10. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Aw come on, you worry too much. We'll be fine. We got this, remember? It'll be a piece of ca-" she started, before Dana was cut off mid sentence by a hand grabbing her leg. The girl paled for a moment and slowly turned to look at her meister, the worry evident on her face only moments before she was tripped over and what she could only assume was a zombie rose from its grave and attacked Roderick. "Watch out!" she called out, just as Zoey arrived at her side. "Yeah, i'm fine but after that icky hand grabbed me I think i'm gonna need to take a billion baths to get his stench off of me" the future deathscythe complained, crinkling her nose a little as she did so. Yup, definitely a zombie, he certainly smelled like death.

"Alright so we got a zombie swinging around his own tombstone. First a perverted pharaoh, now a zombie that doesn't respect the dead. What's next? Flying bunnies of doom? Eeeeeh, this job's going to be the death of me Zoey. You take the reigns for a while" she said, turning into weapon form and attempting to place herself in the hands of her meister.

3/20

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]

"Ready," Roderick said as he transformed, letting Zephyr catch him. It was really startling to have a zombie jumping out of the ground and attacking them, but he couldn't afford to lose focus now. He had to pay attention to the zombie and hopefully help figure out his fighting style or something. Being a weapon had to be about more than letting someone else swing you around, so he wanted to make sure he helped somehow...

[​IMG]
    "Ah..." The zombie said, pausing and looking at the group. "Students from the DWMA, I see. Good evening. I like to get introductions out of the way, I don't skip out on them. That's the kind of man I was. But perhaps we don't have the time for it. So let's just get started, hmm?"

With that, he darted forward quickly, lifting his tombstone over his shoulder and bringing it down towards Zoey and Dana.

4/20

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  12. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

With weapon now in hand, Zephyr went on the offensive by charging after the as it went towards Zoey and Dana. When it had spoken to them, it was odd and made even more odd when it had identified them as DWMA students. Was there some sort of connection between it and the school? No matter the situation at hand was the more priority one as Zephyr attempted to strike at the Zombie the closer he got to it.

5/20

13. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    "Got it," Zoey stated as she grabbed Dana and did her fancy spinning around the hand trick. She felt a movement hovering above her and instincts kicked in to move back. She rolled out of the way, standing up, only to be hit from behind. She felt the air being knocked out of her as the heavy tombstone connected to her, and then rolled on the ground before she came to a stop. Zoey coughed a bit, feeling her shoulders shake as she took the staff and started to stand up shakily. 'M-Man he's fast...'

[​IMG]
    "That must've hurt!" the zombie exclaimed. "♫ Ding-die-bing-bong. ♫ I was always the type to start classes right at the bell. Class has started. Being a zombie is great! There are all sorts of things that are okay now." He put his tombstone over his shoulder like it was nothing as he walked casually over to Zoey who was barely standing on her feet and regaining herself. "You can escape fear. If you become a zombie, the pressure of "death" vanishes." When he was getting closer, he took his tombstone off his shoulder and readied himself. "Don't waste your effort. You're all going to die anyway. You'll learn this way!! Die for a while!" The zombie had began to swing his tombstone again, attempting to completely take Zoey out of the fight for good.

6/30

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Instead of making contact with the down Zoey, the tombstone had connect with Zephyr's katana. He had managed to parry the attack that was meant for her and by parry, he means that his attempt at blocking the chunk of stone ended with him sliding it off of his blade and down towards the ground. This action bought him some time and he used that time to deal a downward strike at him.

7/30

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  15. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Seeing the Mafia leader walk into the room, Blake saw him raise his gun and point it toward Kuro. Her eyes widen and before she knew it, her legs had started moving on their own."Kuro!!!" Blake pushed Kuro out of the way but was not quick enough to escape the bullet. The bullet had terribly grazed her side. "Agghh!!!" She grabbed her side as she and Kuro fell to the ground. Blake clutched her side in pain as blood begun to paint her hands in a crimson red. She opened her eyes and saw that Kuro came out of that unscathed. "Thank goodness........"Blake stood up and her body began to shine once more just it did when claiming Rosaline's soul. "Kuro...You ready?" With that, her physical body had begun to morph into a scythe once more.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

The new voice had brought Kuro's attention towards the door and right at the barrel of the gun that the mafia boss had aimed at him. This wasn't part of the plan at all and while the sensible thing to do was to get out of the line of fire, Kuro wasn't able to move. Whether it was out of fear or due to his legs not listening to the signals his brain was telling them, the trigger had been pulled and the bullet had been shot at him.

At this moment Kuro had expected to feel the pain of the bullet pass through him or the coldness of death creep up on him. Instead he felt nothing, his heart was beating much faster than it normally way. Things started to fall into place once Kuro heard Blake's voice. The smell of blood had reached his nose and the source of it had been witnessed by his eyes and registered by his brain. Blake had taken the hit for him.

Again misfortune had befallen someone else because of him, even if it wasn't directly cause of him. This wore heavily on him as he took hold of Blake in her scythe form, wearing a slight frown on his normally stoic face. It may have been his lack of a reaction that caused his partner to get hurt, but now it was him versus their target and they would be the ones to walk out of here alive.

2/10

17. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Don't stand still for too long Zo, he seems pretty quick on his feet. If he swings at you again, use me to block his attack. I can take it, I promise. He's not like a regular zombie, I haven't heard him ask for brains once, so he seems smarter than the average one. So if we can show him we're not to be taken lightly, he should back off right? So, lets do that!" the young weapon advised, speaking to her meister. She didn't want to say it, but after the attack on Zoey Dana had allowed a shred of doubt enter her mind. She was more than a little worried for her friend. All she could do to help with the situation was to prepare for the next attack, wherever that would be. She'd protect Zoey somehow.

8/30

18. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]
    Hannah's body froze up as she heard voices on the other side of the door or at least she would have if she wasn't already in weapon form. This was going to be their first fight, would they really be alright? She was so distracted by the voices, she momentarily forgot about the riddle but Matthew was quick to speak up and solve it. "Yes, I believe that Memory is the answer but we need to be prepared before we write the answer. Chaol, we should notch an arrow, stand back and be ready to shoot. We can probably get an arrow shot at them pretty soon after the door opens then we'll rely on you guys to help stop them reacting and getting to us before the next arrow is fired. Be sure to stay out of the way of our first shot." Hannah calmed herself and looked at the door apprehensively, they could do this.

19. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG] ]/center]
    Taking a deep breath to attempt to relax himself and control his heart rate, Chaol nodded and notched an arrow as Hannah had suggested. As he pulled back the string in preparation to fire, he opened his mouth. "The life of a kishin for the lives of many innocents, all at the cost of a little humanity. This is the price that must be paid" he murmured. The line was one that had been drilled into him from a relatively young age, and the line that he said every so often to remind himself of just why he did things. It reminded him of the consequences of failure, and steeled his resolve. "This will be over quickly, Hannah, they won't have time to get to us. I'll make sure of it" Chaol stated, his focus entirely on the door as he awaited the moment it opened so that he could let loose the shot and take their opponents out before they had a chance to react.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  20. Aelin Best Waifu

Bonnie and Clyde

The door opened for the group and at first all that they could see is boxes. It was a warehouse full of boxes. However the conversation and movement soon stopped. "Did ya hear that?" A female voice, Bonnie asked in a hushed tone. "Shut up and let me deal with it." One of the men said as the sound of a gun being loaded echoed through the concrete room, William Jones, the sniper stated. "Yea, yea, I can handle it too." Bonnie snapped back. "Shut up both of you! Lets just deal with this." Clyde snapped at both of them before picking up a metal bar. "Split up, come from all three sides." Clyde instructed, and so they did. William purched on top of a box, shooting down. Bonnie and Clyde to the left, and Blanche and Buck to the right."

Mission state: Battle and kill Bonnie, Clyde, William, Blanche, and Buck.
    20 posts to complete this mission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.