Welcome to Death

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

Masquerade
    Things were going pretty well in Rosaline's mind. She listened and took notes on the order as Blake spoke to her, doing a mental inventory of what she had to sell. "I think we could work out a deal. Would you like even amounts of everything, or do you want your money put towards one sort of weapon?" Rosaline asked just as a boy walked in and she got to her feet. After a moment she recognized it as the boy from before. She glanced back at Blake. "So he belongs to you. You really should hire better help." Rosaline warned before sitting back down to relax. "Anyway what do you need most of?" She asked again.

2. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Zoey chuckled at Zephyr's blind pun, even though he probably didn't mean to make it so. She smiled as she listened to the weapons talk and sat up more. "Same, to be honest. Teaching yourself your own fancy moves and everything. And you're just not pretty Dana," Zoey said while moving her head to "look" at her. "You're my second pair of eyes when I can't anticipate moves. Speaking of training and fighting..." She stood up and threw her empty bowl of ice cream in the trash can. "Ready to pick another mission, Dana?"

[​IMG]
    "Well, I guess we're going straight," Mikio said when they reached the deadend again.

3. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Blake gave herself a moment to collect her thoughts before speaking. However, her thoughts were interrupted when someone walked into the room. Blake turned her head to find Kuro walked into the room. She sighed a sigh of relief before turning back to Rosaline speaking. "Anyway, what do you need the most of?" Blake smiled before standing up to respond to Rosaline's question. "Do you have any scythes?" Blake's body started to glow bright as it began to shift and change into a scythe. The scythe remained where it was, waiting for her meister to pick up the scythe.

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"You mind if we tag along on the mission?" Zephyr asked in an offering tone of voice. They could probably go ahead and find another mission to take and seeing as how they were about to find a mission of their own, what was the harm in offering to take a mission together.

Following Blake's transformation into a scythe, Kuro didn't hesitate in grabbing it/her. There was a short window of opportunity before she had a chance to react to the fact that they were planning to end their life. With a single step forward Kuro swung the scythe towards Rosaline and aimed it for her neck. With ease the blade sliced through her neck and her soul was revealed for them for the taking. "One down, one to go."

5. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Blake morphed back into her human form and turned toward the soul. "One down, one to go." Blake walked up to the soul before taking it into her hands. She lifted it up and consumed it. She licked off the remains on her thumb before turning back to Kuro. So this is what a soul tasted like..... Blake had no idea what it would be like but had heard from her older siblings' weapon partners. She looked over to Kuro. "Well? What are we waiting for? We have a soul to get." Blake smiled and nodded to Kuro.

6. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Yup, ready as ever" Dana said, taking a few steps away before she heard Zephyr's question. Turning around, she squinted a little as she tried to look as intimidating as possible, which ultimately was not very intimidating. "Ye wouldn't be after mah soul now would yew matey? I'll 'ave yew know am gonna become an elite death scythe and i ain't lettin' you or anybody else get in my way!" Dana said, spitting on the ground in a vulgar manner at the end of her statement, before giving a friendly smile. "I mean sure, I'm okay with it" she said joyfully.

[​IMG]

"Seems that way. We should make haste and move through as quickly as possble" Chaol said, moving to go down the straight path.

7. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    That was the last thing she was expecting. She was about to open her mouth to speak when Dana said something for her. She cringed as she heard the spit, and then giggled under her breath while covering her mouth. And surprisingly enough, Dana said it would be okay.

"I'm okay with it too. I was thinking about Dana and I taking the graveyard mission." She turned to the boys and tilted her head. "What do you say? You guys up for it?" She mostly chose it due to the fact it would probably give them a break from people interaction for a while. Last thing they needed was to be in a crowded room full of people again, and usually the dead didn't talk back.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Zephpr was caught off guard by Dana's brief pirate act and her spitting on the ground, though she did smile after said act and agree to it. He then took a moment to think over the mission suggestion that Zoey had offered. He wasn't sure just what they would be doing at the graveyard and honestly doubted that any zombies would show up."I'd be up for it, what do you say?" Zephyr asked his partner.

"Our next target is still probably at the same spot he's been since the start of the party for the most part. We just need to lure him away from the crowd and his soul his pretty much our for the taking."Now as for how they would lure him, Kuro hadn't thought about that yet. In theory they could just wait til he left for the meeting place, intercept him and then assassinate him. That sounded like a good plan in his head, but it was the actual execution that was the real concern.

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]

"Oh, sure, sounds good to me," Roderick said, offering the two girls a smile. The girl who'd done the pirate act reminded him of his little sister, who had used to play pirates when she was younger, oftentimes forcing him (or hapless kids on the playground) to be her 'first mate.' "That sounds like it could be fun."

[​IMG]

"Aww, I thought for sure we were onto something," Matthew sighed as they went back to the last branch off, starting to walk down the other path. "...Oh well, um, this time for sure?" He didn't feel certain that they would ever find the way out, but he wanted to seem confident. He knew that if he acted more confident than he felt, it would help other people feel more confident themselves. So he flashed a smile over his shoulder at them. "We'll find 'em," he decreed. "And get this mission done in no time, I can just feel it."

10. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Alright then, seems like we're aaaall set. Off we go, to the mission board!" she exclaimed, before racing off towards said board, superhero theme music playing in her mind as she ran. Once she arrived, she immediately stared at the mission for a moment, before once again pointing forward and yelling "Onwards, to lord death! This mission needs to get started!" and running off to go meet with Lord Death. Once there she banged on the door. "LORD DEATH WE NEEDA GO ON THIS MISSION, QUICK MAGIC US THERE LIKE ALWAYS" she called out.

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Next to arrive at the mission board was Zephyr who simply just skimmed through the list of remaining missions til he found the one taking place at the graveyard. This would be the next mission they go on and hopefully no serial killers would be invovled, nor any corpse., hell not even corpses of any serial killers. The mere thought of dealing with zombie serial killer brought discomfort upon Zephyr. No, no, no. None of that will be happening. He told himself as he headed to where they would be debriefed.

12. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Zoey followed close behind Dana, listening to her words. She couldn't exactly read the words on the mission board, so she shrugged her shoulders and headed off after Dana who was dead set on getting on this mission. "Um, I think Lord Death might be busy... maybe one of the other teachers will give us the run down?"

13. Aelin Best Waifu

Bonnie and Clyde
    "Hurry up Buck." A male voice on the other side of a door demanded.
    "I am working on it! Calm down there is only so much I can do at once." A second male voice snapped back.
    "Boy's can we all calm down for just a moment, please. Being organized is more important than being quick. If we rush we make mistakes, and mistakes can't happen here, we can't afford to get caught now. One last heist and we will be out." A female stood up to the two of them.
    "Don't worry about it, how much we rush won't matter until once we leave. We still have a couple hours left." Another more calm male answers them and then it was silence except for the shifting of boxes.
    Meanwhile on the other side of the door the team stood. The door was locked and but a riddle seemed to be printed on it. Why this warehouse had so many riddles and turns, who knows, but that was the way it was. The riddle was as followed
    I can bring tears to your eyes; resurrect the dead, make you smile, and reverse time. I form in an instant but I last a lifetime. What am I?

14. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

"Our next target is still probably at the same spot he's been since the start of the party for the most part. We just need to lure him away from the crowd and his soul his pretty much our for the taking" Blake turned to Kuro as he spoke. Blake crossed her arms as if in thought. "What if I tell him that Rosaline needed assistance with the shipment? We could lead back to the room and from there, we take the soul and be on our way." Blake made a fist with her right hand and placed it on her open palmed left hand as she spoke out her idea. It was probably easier said than done but it was an idea nonetheless. Blake made her way to the door before turning to Kuro. "Should we head back out before people start asking?"

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Zoey and Dana soon entered Stein's office and he smiled at them. "Come in and sit down." He offered them a seat as he sat back and took out his notes to study. He flipped through the pages and then set them down. "I will cut to the chase. There have been reports on strange things happening at the cemetery. We are not entirely sure what it is so we want to send a student to investigate. It is most likely due to a kishin, so if it is please eliminate if possible." He explained to the girls. "You may set off whenever you are ready, the graveyard is not far from here. Be careful." He told then then sent them off.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

There was one main thing that Kuro saw was wrong with Blake's plan. "He hasn't met up with her to buy anything yet, so why would there be a shipment for him to pick up?" He had no problems lying to the guy in order to complete the plan, but the lie actually had to make some form of sense for them to actually believe it. "How bout we try something simpler and just try to get him away from the party without mentioning the deal in any way." What would really make this easier if their remaining target had already gone off somewhere away from the party, making at least one of their remaining tasks easier.

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]

Roderick had never paid much mind to things like ghosts and zombies and witches before. But now after being at the DWMA for only a short while, he figured he'd be likely to run into all sorts of things he'd never cared to learn about before. He felt a little uneasy about taking the mission for strange happenings in the graveyard... Especially as Zoey and Dana were taking it. He felt like he would either get in the way or cheat them out of a victory or something. But, he was intrigued by it... So he was fine with taking it.

[​IMG]

Matthew stood silent, holding Mikio at the ready as he thought over the riddle. Solving it and unlocking this door would bring them to their first real fight. Was he ready?

...Well, it didn't matter if he was ready or not, if they were trapped out here. He turned to the others.
    "Any ideas?" He whispered. "Let's see, something that can make you cry, smile, reverse time, and resurrect the dead... what the heck? The only thing I've heard of that resurrects the dead is whatever Professor Stein used on Professor Cid. I'm pretty sure they won't know what that is. Um... And whatever it is wouldn't also make you cry or smile, or reverse time. What reverses time? I've never heard of a magic that reverses time... Maybe it's just like, symbolism? Some abstract thing that makes it feel like you're resurrecting the dead or reversing time... that also makes you smile or cry... OH!" He winced, putting a hand over his mouth and hoping he hadn't been too loud with his explanation. Offering the others a sheepish smile and lowering his voice back to a whisper, he spoke: "Do you think the answer is a memory?"

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As Stein spoke to Dana and Zoey, Rodrick and Zephyr wandered into the room as well. "Ah are you two here for the mission as well? I just finished debriefing Dana and Zoey on the mission. If you wish to join them, they can fill you in on everything. After they fill you in, you can set off to the graveyard whenever you please." Stein confirmed before sending the four on their way.

Mission: Explore the Graveyard ​

19. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Zoey explained the mission to the boys as they headed towards the graveyard. She felt nervous and apprehensive about this whole thing, wondering if they were going to fail again or succeed. If they failed, she could only guess how Dana would take it based on how she took it last time. Hopefully they would do good with this one. "I'm going to laugh if the strange happens are just kids lighting candles and trying to summon a ghost or something," she joked with a smile as she walked into the gates of the cemetery. "Or maybe a clown is trying to throw a party at a weird time of night."

[​IMG]

Mikio listened to Matthew's explanation and nodded his head within his weapon form. "Sounds about right... you ready, Matthew?" He asked as he glanced to the door ahead of them, hearing the voices on the other side.

20. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"If only we were that lucky. Shame, a kishin clown would be kinda funny to see." Zephyr commented. Well it would be funny so long as it was more on the funny side of clowns and less so on the creepy side of things. As they walked past the gates of the cemetery, the sight was just what one would expect to see. Bunch of grave, those tomb house things that I don't know the name of and the creepy fog that happens to be there just to add on to the layer of creepiness. "Oh great, this is just a lovely start to things."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.