Welcome to Death

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

Bonnie and Clyde
    Proceeding through the door, the team passes the remains of lions that had long since died and were now nothing more than a pile of bones. Past the room was another door that needed no riddle to open, instead it just opened to a call that eventually came to another intersection. Looking down each section you can see the hall is long and winding no matter what way they chose to go. The team can either choose to go left, right, or straight now.

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

With their mission now being over, they were effectively given free time until they decided on something else to do. Whether or not they would go on another mission now or later has yet to be decided. "Hmm, maybe we should walk around town or something." Zephyr suggested. This way they could have some form of break before heading off into the next mission. As well as he might as well get a look around town while they were still here.

Well shit, his plan didn't work the way that he hoped it was.Now he had to think of something else that would not only get her attention, but get her to someplace that they could reap her soul. Kuro would have to use a different approach or stick with this 'Maximillion Pegasus' guise that he'd come up with on the spot. Hopefully Blake was having better luck.

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]

Roderick sighed a little as they walked through the streets of Death City, feeling a bit sulky. Despite the, ah, social interactions, he wasn't feeling too well about how his first mission had gone. Mainly Jack the Ripper. The man had been practically begging them to find him, and they'd barely made it through. But... Well, it had been their very first mission. They'd succeeded, that was the important thing.

"Hey," He said, spotting a couple of girls eating ice cream on a bench. "Don't we know those girls from class?"

[​IMG]

Matthew blinked at Mikio's half-started warning, blushing a little as he realized how thoughtless that had been, walking right into a room without making sure it was safe first. "Oh, right," he let out a slight laugh, rubbing the back of his neck. "Guess I should've thought it through first."

They went on until they got to the next fork in the path, and Matthew let out a slight sigh, hanging his head for a moment. "Ehhh, another fork?" He whined. But then he nodded determinedly, standing straighter. "Alright," he said. "Should we go left again? Or should we try right this time?"

4. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    "What, you don't believe me?" Zoey asked with a raised eyebrow towards Dana's comment about her not being worthless to Zoey. "Course not, silly. I'm just glad you've been putting up with me the way you have."

The meister smiled when her partner mentioned about having to do more work. "That's why we're getting ice cream before we head to the mission's board again," Zoey said with a smile. "All work and no play makes meister and weapon a dull pair... Speaking of which."

The girl turned away from her partner for a moment, snickering as she tried to adjust something on her face. "How do you like my new nose job?" She asked, turning her head to face Dana. The ice cream spoon was sticking to her nose with the handle dangling downward. She raised her eyebrows twice with a smirk on her face. "Eh? Eh? Do you think I should get a spoon for my nose? Might go with the blindfolds, you know."

[​IMG]
    Mikio sighed out in relief when nothing seemed to have happened. But it sure stank in the room... yup, the lions were surely dead.

A fork in the road, again. "Keep going left," Mikio suggested.

5. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    As he stepped into the room, Chaol felt a wave of relief go through him. Physically, he didn't really appear very different, but he'd been a little worried that his answer was wrong. Logically, he'd been certain his answer had been right, and the others agreeing had helped that but still, if he had have been wrong, they would've all walked right into the middle of a bunch of hungry lions. Thankfully, that hadn't been the case.

As they came to another fork in the road, Chaol weighed up his options. With no knowledge on what each route led to, it really didn't matter which way they went. So, shrugging his shoulders, he simply said "I agree. Left sounds good" and waited for the others to lead.

[​IMG]
    Dana had not been prepared for Zoey's...new look. With a short burst of laughter her joyfulness seemed to return, and after a moment she was smiling. "Oh yeah it looks rad, we'll just have to get one for me and we can blow people away with how well we look with spoons stuck to our face!" she exclaimed, laughing once more. A moment later and Dana, like her friend, had the spoon stuck to her face. Even though she knew her meister couldn't see what she'd done, it felt like the right thing to do. What was the point in being alive if you didn't have fun with it? "Maybe that was why those people wouldn't talk to us! Maybe, just maybe, they would only talk to people with spoons on their noses" she said, before giving a mock bow. "Pleasure to meet you, madam. It is good to see that, like myself, you also wear the spoon. Only the most esteemed, noble guests can wear one with such finesse and grace" Dana joked in the most British accent she could muster.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

The actual walk through town had been a quiet one for the duo with neither party being all that willing to speak about what had happens on their first mission. Some of the things it was better that they didn't bring up so that they could forget sooner rather than later. What was still bothering him was the scowl that Jack the Ripper had given them before dying. Just why exactly did he scowl at them in the first place?

Zephyr heard Roderick mentioned something about seeing someone from class. Having not really paid attention to who was and who wasn't in their class, he probably wouldn't had realized it if not for the fact that one was wearing a blindfold. Small details like that was something he'd remember.
    "I think so, do you want to go talk to them?"

7. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]

"Sure," Roderick said, walking over to the two. "Hello," he said to them. "Uh, you're students from the DWMA, right? I think I've seen you in class. My name's Roderick Thatch. It's nice to meet you."

[​IMG]

"Okay!" Matthew said, assuming the lead role again and starting to walk down the left path.

"Any second now," he thought. "We'll find these thieves and take them down... either that or we're hopelessly lost and we'll have to retrace our steps and start over. Either way, I'm getting sooo excited! A real mission already! A chance to prove I'm gonna be a great Meister just like dad was!" He couldn't help but smile at the thought as he walked.

"Alright, be ready!" He said excitedly. "This could be the right path and we'll start fighting any second!"

8. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Zoey smiled when she heard her partner laugh. There she was; the Dana she knew and admired. The girl bowed goofily, careful to keep her spoon stuck on her nose. "Mm, the pleasure is all mine, madam," she stated in a thick, rather silly accent. "Ooo! Is that sterling silver? My, my! Such expensive taste."

The meister snickered and then carefully reached up and touched Dana's cheek. She let her hand carefully ghost over her partner's face, avoiding the nose where the spoon was.

After a few, quiet moments, Zoey smiled a bit. "Mm, nope. Not worthless at all... I'm very pleased to have you as my weapon."

The moment was interrupted by a new voice Zoey had never heard before. She took her hand from her partner's face and smiled sheepishly at the newcomer. "H-hi!" Zoey greeted with a cheerful smile. She felt the spoon loosen on her nose and quickly caught it before it fell. "Oops... um, hi again. I'm Zoey! Nice to meet you."

[​IMG]
    Mikio smiled to himself with Matthew's enthusiasm. He admired it, yet he was a little bit nervous with coming face to face with the thieves. They only trained for a bit, not for long. He hoped his partner was ready for what was ahead.

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

The duo had made their way up to the two girl, were wearing spoons on their noses. Despite how odd of a sight that it was, Zephyr didn't really question it and instead when to introduce himself after Roderick had dome so. "Name's Zephyr, nice to meet you Zoey." He managed not to make any noise or anything that would imply laughter when the spoon had started to fall off of Zoey's nose.

10. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    When Zoey had placed her hand on Dana's cheek the weapon froze, and when she was told once more that Zoey was happy to have her as a weapon, yet another wave of relief and simultaneous shock went through the girl as the spoon fell from her nose and landed on the floor with a light sound. As the other guys came over, Dana whirled around and was thankful for the spoon having not being attached.

"Dana Knightfall. Best deathscythe to ever exist, most beautiful lady here at the DWMA, and probably also the most egotistical girl you'll ever meet. But I mean when it's all truthful stuff, is it really such a bad thing?" she asked, bobbing a half-assed curtsy as she spoke.

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]

"Nice to meet you guys," Roderick said, smiling a little at the two girls. They'd been wearing spoons on their noses... He chuckled a little, thinking about his little sister. That was exactly the sort of thing she'd do. But, she'd also use the spoon to smack the back of your hand if you laughed, and these two might be embarrassed if he said anything, so he decided to just drop it. "How do you like school so far?" He asked, not sure what to talk about and feeling a touch awkward, but, he'd been the one to suggest they come over here, so it was on him.

Briefly, he glanced at Zoey's blindfold, feeling a bit curious about it, but again, thought it might be best not to say anything.

12. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Zoey smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "It's okay, although we hadn't hanged out at school much." She felt someone's eyes looking at her blindfold, even though it was brief, and felt a twinge bit uncomfortable. It was odd, but she had a know-how of when people looked at her. Instead of dwelling on it, she took another bite of ice cream with the spoon that was now detached from her nose. "We just got back from a second mission... it didn't go so great, so we're getting ice cream before we go looking again."

Zoey gave Dana a reassuring nudge, and raised her empty spoon up, pointing to the boys. "How about you guys? How are things going for you?"

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"We just got back from our first mission actually, it was...interesting to say the least." Zephyr answered. He was for referring to their interaction with the prostitute more than anything and, well a little bit of the riddles. Those were not fun at all. He made note of what Dana had said and well didn't have a real way to respond to it. "How did your first mission go then?" Had they really been on their mission for that long? They were in London so it technically made sense, but still he didn't think anyone had gone on a second mission.

14. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Our first mission went awesomely. Zoey's pretty damn good with a staff" Dana complimented, standing proudly despite feeling a bit down only a couple of minutes before. She was quite happy with how the first one had gone, and she'd never made any effort to hide it, so why start now? She stepped forward and up to the two people who had spoken to them. "So good I bet she's the best meister here. And she has fantastic taste in ice cream" she added confidently. Maybe she was being too confident, but someone had to be. She almost wanted the others to disagree with her being the best; she had a glove in her pocket specifically for challenging people to duels, after all.

15. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]
    Hannah had agreed with Chaol's logic, she would have likely got it herself but her partner was very quick on the ball there. However even when everyone had agreed with him, he still seemed a little unsure of himself. Riddles seemed to be a bit outside of his expertise so even when he managed to figure one out quickly, he ended up doubting himself. "Relax, you had that one." She quietly said to her partner. She was still in bow form at this point, which made sense as they had no idea what was coming up next, yet she still felt a bit guilty that she was basically getting a free ride with Chaol just carrying her around.

"Another choice? This place is a maze, are we ever going to find anyone here?" She said as they came up to the next junction, "I agree we should go left. It's worked out for us fine so far so why stop now? Just be ready for whatever may be around that corner" She wasn't sure at this point if she was excited for their first fight or not, it was kind of thrilling but at the same time the prospect of fighting someone did scare her.

16. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Blake walked around the room and found Kuro as he was talking to the female target just as she was walking away. Blake started to make her way to the woman while she was laughing and chatting away with other people. Blake started making her way over to the woman, making sure her poker face was up. She tapped the woman's shoulder. "Miss Rosaline Blackthorn?" The woman turned around to look at Blake. "Hello, I'm assuming my colleague Maximus has spoken with you. Many pardons my dear madam. I had some business that need to be take care of. I do hope you've received my message. My name is Driselle Sharil." Blake smiled as she assumed the identity of Driselle. She continued her conversation with Rosaline. "I was hoping to make some purchases from you if you're not too busy." Blake continued to smile, hoping that her guise would not falter.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

Bonnie and Clyde
    Making their way left they came to a dead end. The end of the line. No going any further that way. You get the point. No need to keep fluffing this statement.

Masquerade
    Driselle. She had not heard that name before. "I have not received a message from anyone by that name. That being said there have been some incompitant children working for me recently. I think I will need to make sure they know the meaning of hard work when I return home. Anyways, what matter of product would you wish to be purchasing. Perhaps I can squeeze in an appointment at some time." Rosaline kept it vague what she spoke of as twirled a piece of hair between her fingers.

18. CrownMoksha Decimo

While Blake was busy chatting with Blackthorn, Kuro was making his way over to, who at this point was, the harder target. The male who's name he didn't know at all, but fortunately knew what he looked like. The target was currently on their phone away from the crowd of people, which was something that he understood fairly well. The being away from crowds. Kuro made his way up to him and spoke to him. "Not much of a party person are you?"

19. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]

Roderick blushed a touch as Zephyr mentioned how 'interesting' their mission had been, but then listened in interest as Dana complimented her meister's skill with a staff. "So, you're a staff, then, Dana?" He asked. "That's a pretty cool weapon. I'm a Katana."

[​IMG]

Matthew felt a bit disappointed as they reached the dead end. "Oh," he sighed. "Guess this way's a dead end. Back we go! We'll take the other path this time. With all the riddles and stuff we've seen so far, I'm pretty sure we're at least sort of on the right track. Just the wrong fork this time. Sooo, right!" He turned, leading the way back towards the fork. "Unless, you guys think that we should go back even farther?"

20. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"And I'm glad that you happen to be a weapon that I know how to use." Zephyr added. Sure he could've learned how to use a completely different weapon , but there was a good chance that could've changed his preferred fighting style depending on what he'd gotten. Roderick being a katana just saved him a lot of trouble in the long run. He may not have said this out loud, but he doubted that Zoey was the best meister there. Not doubting her skills in general given that he hasn't actually seen her in action at all. There were likely stronger partners here at the school that they hadn't seen yet. "Have you always known how to use a staff?" Zephyr asked Zoey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.