Digital Art we can collide {FFXIII-2}

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Stella Nox Fleuret, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Well, Leona Lewis did the theme song to the English release of XIII which I actually liked and I was listening to Collide, and I was waiting for some XIII-2 news, so I decided to make this. It is VERY basic, but I'm basic when it comes to Graphics. CnC would be nice. Enjoy~~~

2. Pinekaboo Chaser

The simplistic design really appeals to me. In addition; it seems to show the difference between the two of them very well, what with the huge difference in their expressions, so good choice there with source material.
    The text font I like, and it seems to fit with the theme of the words, but it doesn't seem to click very well with the characters to me.
    The effects you've used on the images mess with my eyes a lot, but to anybody with less odd vision than I it would probably be perfectly good. Unfortunately, that means I can't really criticize on that aspect.
    All in all however, it's a good quality piece, and I like it, but perhaps a different font would have been better. But this is all just my opinion.

3. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Very Simple but very beautiful

Like DT said you can really tell the difference between the two of them, thanks to that picture- how Serah is usually smiling and Lightning's usually not.

For the pictures I really like how you seemed to ahve edited them- it makes them really pretty and I think its amazing.

4. Daxa~ #stalker

I really like this.
    It really jumps out at you,and the kinda style its done in is unusual in a very lovely way.
    Colours and lighting is just perfect for the whole thing,and the text is nice and fits well with the whole image.
    Really lovely work,and I do hope you make more for me to feast my eyes on <333

5. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

I really like the concept you have, but maybe if you tried to make the two pictures blend together; maybe by adding a background to the black. Like a Galaxy, or starburst background. It really makes the subjects pop. And I really like the text, it's a nice addition, but I really think if they were, again, blended more together with the whole shabang it would really flow together. Instead of just pasting them onto the picture and saying "Done!" dance with it some, make it look like it was on the in the first place. :]
    Great job so far, though. Loving it. <3

6. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Serah avatar made from the image. Enjoy~~~

7. Chevalier Crystal Princess

The first thing I noticed is how Serah's picture looks bigger than Lightning's. I think it'd be better if they were cropped the same size. Moreover, there's something off about the gradient work. I see you like to work a lot with warmer tones and red colors. Well, that's not bad. But you have to watch out so that the image doesn't look too contrasted.

I know that gradient set to lighten or screen is really tempting and leaves some nice results (lol, I whore gradient maps a lot.), but you have to work with it a bit. The text seems okay, but there are better text choices which would go along better with the overall feeling.