Watching Guardians of the Galaxy

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Gamefreak103, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

I've seen it in the theaters, but I just felt like posting a thread stating that I'm watching it again.

2. burnitup Still the Best 1973

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I take it you're hooked on a feeling?

4. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

The soundtrack...I just can't escape it.

5. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I like the soundtrack more than the actual movie

6. burnitup Still the Best 1973

O-o-o, child there ain't no mountain high enough to escape.

7. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

Maybe if I put a couple cherry bombs in my ears...

8. 61 No. B

that's cool.
    im trying persona 3 again. im terrible at this game.

9. Hayabusa Venomous

One of Marvel's best, though The Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1, and The Avengers are still top for me.

10. 61 No. B

Avengers is overrated
    a great novelty at the time and nothing particularly wrong with it, but almost everything released since (except Thor) has been better.
    Iron Man 1 is overrated as well. In the context of 2008, sure, it's one of the best ever (even with it's 3rd act problems), but it's since been eclipsed many times over.

Winter Soldier is great and arguably the best Marvel movie, but for my own enjoyment I prefer First Avenger.
    Now that there's been time to separate myself from the Guardians release, I feel like I can openly admit that I was a little disappointed. Good but not exactly what I wanted. Still, probably my 3rd favorite Marvel movie.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  11. Trigger hewwo uwu

i just watched this last week for the first time, and loved it. i'm glad marvel are making movies with more interesting/weird characters. it got me back into superheroes. i was really tired of all the avengers stuff besides the captain america movies, especially because i really think the thor movies are boring garbage. can't wait for ant man and doctor strange...even if that alien lizard creature benedict cumberbatch is playing strange. :/

12. 61 No. B

i thought there was something off about him..

13. Hayabusa Venomous

Newsflash: Every Marvel film is overrated in some way.
    While there have been better since then, Avengers still is one of the most consistently fun and inspiring films for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I never said it doesn't have flaws (oh hey let's not really use Hawkeye,) but it manages to outshine such flaws, and easily if you ask me.

Iron Man 1 has a fantastic blend of comedy, action, drama, and science fiction. Just because Iron Man 3 did Tony's story better doesn't take away from Iron Man 1 and his redemption story.

Y'see, I think First Avenger is the second-best written pre-Avengers film and has the best story, but if you're gonna complain about Iron Man 1's third-act problems, we also have to bring up the fact that far too many of Cap's action scenes were...in a crummy montage. I get why montages are used, but...it still felt crummy.

I still want an interesting Thor movie. Beside Loki in his first film, nothing in his story has felt like it had much weight. Even the death of certain character in The Dark World.